The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
*mutters something about it being summer in the northern hemisphere and Sards brain should have thawed out by now*

I to long for colder weather and less brightness... I was not built for heat... cold how ever I have no problems what so ever in resisting... and at the same time I have always been a bit of a late evening to night person, so all this bright shining sun stuff is annoying to me... XD

Neuronin;n9082630 said:
I can't wait for the summer to be over.

I want it dark and cold.

I like some deep dark fantasies too, but I'm an artist, a performance artist.

Suhiira;n9074030 said:
*mutters something about it being summer in the northern hemisphere and Sards brain should have thawed out by now*

There's like two guys here from the southern hemisphere. Time to guess who it is.

Last edited:
Just found a mini-documentary/interview with Marcin Iwiński that was uploaded to youtube only a few days ago.

Apperantly it is some kind of crowdfunding videogame documentaries that they make, and this is one of those that has come out of that.

It is just over 20 minuts long. But don't expect to find some kind of juicy new bit of information about CP2077 or anything though, this is more about the company and a little about Marcin him self.

Actually knowing about how Marcin views himself and his company it useful. if you know how the boss thinks you have a clue what to expect.

metalmaniac21;n9170470 said:
And this is Corporates:

Trully an astounding scene. But one question remains, how will scenes like these be translated into the cyberpunk universe? I hope CDPR is taking notes.

Tarantino approach can be a great thing to happen to Cyberpunk 2077, under the condition that it won't be Botherlands levels of "putting memes on the screen every single minute" or being too quirky or too random.

There's certainly a natural flow going on with the acting in Tarantino movies, which means, not distancing the characters from our reality. They talk like normal people, and most importantly have flaws present in many of us, that's a quick way to immerse the audience in the characters emotions and perspectives.

Another thing that is special in his movies is the lack of boredom, this one is personal, but many share the view that something tedious tend to be entertaining in Tarantinula's movies. This lack of boring stuff is due to the dialogue. Characters are constantly arguing their viewpoints against each other, and in this tornado of thoughts the audience is abble to identify the subtleness that creates each individual persona.

One reason why the ramdomness works in his movies is because of the pacing. To cause an impact on the audience one must first fool the audience into thinking they have control over their emotions, and what better way to create this felling of normality than by giving characters monotone actions and dialogue, only to later be confronted by the impactfull ramdomness. It's gotta have a build up, otherwise there won't any unexpected elements in the trama. If you put random stuff happening every now and then, there will be no impact, thus the unexpected will become expected.

Last edited:
Calistarius;n9172060 said:
This is how I see Corporates... XD

Great scene from one of Christian Bale's greatest performances. Fun fact: CP2077 creative director metioned Patrick Bateman as a great example of a CEO during an interview. Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

kofeiiniturpa;n9172660 said:
You should read the book. It... Let's just say it goes a lot deeper in all respects than the movie.
I probably never will... seeing as the only kind of novels I like and read are Fantasy (the medievel-esque kind with magic), and a small small amount of Sci-Fi... all other kinds of novels do not interest me one iota. XD

Calistarius;n9172740 said:
I probably never will... seeing as the only kind of novels I like and read are Fantasy (the medievel-esque kind with magic), and a small small amount of Sci-Fi... all other kinds of novels do not interest me one iota. XD

That's too bad. There's some great stuff you're missing out on.

I grew out of fantasy literature arounf 15-20 years ago. Or, I just got bored one day reading god knows how manyeth book of The Wheel of TIme and witnessing how in the past thousand+ pages the story hadn't moved an inch, and decided to leave fantasy out completely for a while... and I just never went back, couldn't get into it anymore. I even tried The Song of Ice and Fire a while ago, but it just didn't work. :D

Last edited:
Calistarius;n9172740 said:
CP 2020 rulebook is not a novel, so it shouldn't stop you.

Why Forlorn Hope? I thought more iconic was the Night Owl... or the Afterlife ;D

Or is it because of vets frequent here?

Top Bottom