The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
wisielec;n9174992 said:
Why Forlorn Hope? I thought more iconic was the Night Owl... or the Afterlife ;D

Or is it because of vets frequent here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forlorn_hope

I think it's because of the name, not the place. If you're in a "forlorn hope" unit, it's expected that you will die. should you by some miracle survive, there's the promise of regaining valor/rank/status/honor.
welcome to the forlorn hope, nobody gets out alive!

also, the availability of fun and/or games is not evenly distributed ;)

Suhiira;n9178551 said:
Gals ...
We just let the guys post because otherwise they throw tantrums.

>girls
>on the internet

We all just assume the person we're talking with is a guy until that person posts pictures of themselves. And even then we assume the individual in the picture is a transsexual, until said individual posts nudes.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9180391 said:
>girls
>on the internet

We all just assume the person we're talking with is a guy until that person posts pictures of themselves. And even then we assume the individual in the picture is a transsexual, until said individual posts nudes.
We can't, since the said individual might post stuff from the internet.

metalmaniac21;n9180541 said:
We can't, since the said individual might post stuff from the internet.

Oh, the famous schrödinger cat of genders, perhaps we're all both women and men at the same time and we don't even realise it.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9180561 said:
Oh, the famous schrödinger cat of genders, perhaps we're all both women and men at the same time and we don't even realise it.

Well, biology study book will reveal that basically we are. It's just that our organism develops more to one or another gender. (OF TWO, YOUH HEAR ME LEFT-WINGER SJWs?)

Actually hermaphrodites do exist, but they're rare occasion and don't live long.

metalmaniac21;n9180651 said:
Well, biology study book will reveal that basically we are. It's just that our organism develops more to one or another gender. (OF TWO, YOUH HEAR ME LEFT-WINGER SJWs?)

Actually hermaphrodites do exist, but they're rare occasion and don't live long.

Isn't it scary when the truth becomes politically incorrect? It almost reminds me of that 1984 book's philosophy of changing the definition of "truth". I bet there'll be a mention of this in Night City, you know, the elite saying what the majority should think.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9181001 said:
Isn't it scary when the truth becomes politically incorrect? It almost reminds me of that 1984 book's philosophy of changing the definition of "truth". I bet there'll be a mention of this in Night City, you know, the elite saying what the majority should think.
Welp, truth never was too sweet. Especially when the truth is that good cause is not so good in the end. From electrocars to multi-culti.

We're at "conceptions blending" phase, when gender and sexual orientation are blended backdatingly by certain individuals... Why, though?

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9181051 said:
Welp, truth never was too sweet.

We're at "conceptions blending" phase, when gender and sexual orientation are blended backdatingly by certain individuals... Why, though?

Great question. hey look at the hour it's CONSPIRACY TIME!

Assuming this is a conspiracy, why would the elite of this planet chose to change the conceptions of genders? Perhaps to start training us to first accept minor changes only to gradually make us later accept major changes? Or perhaps it is to control population, since increasing the amount of homossexuals/genderfluid people/trans would certainly decrease the amount of births, which comes to another question "why is the population growth such a big problem?"

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9181131 said:
Great question. hey look at the hour it's CONSPIRACY TIME!

Assuming this is a conspiracy, why would the elite of this planet chose to change the conceptions of genders? Perhaps to start training us to first accept minor changes only to gradually make us later accept major changes? Or perhaps it is to control population, since increasing the amount of homossexuals would certainly decrease the amount of births, which comes to another question "why is population increase is such a big problem?"

Or these people are just mentally ill and unhappy due to not realizing their "american dream".

metalmaniac21;n9181151 said:
Or these people are just mentally ill and unhappy due to not realizing their "american dream".

..and they feel good in being snowflakes and like felling special. It's probably that. But on the other hand, the conspiracies sound really cool.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9181231 said:
..and they feel good in being snowflakes and like felling special. It's probably that. But on the other hand, the conspiracies sound really cool.
In USA it's more likely this. The europe situation sounds "CONSPIRACY" alot louder.

metalmaniac21;n9181341 said:
"Hate speech" and other anti-human 1984-esque laws and regulations in western europe.

...specially Germany. Well there's still Poland left, a place where you can make politically incorrect games and get away with it.. Based Marcin Iwinski will rule europe one day.

lisbeth_salander;n9181001 said:
isn't it scary when the truth becomes politically incorrect?
very!

Lisbeth_Salander;n9181591 said:
Can't wait to see CD Projekt Red as a country. Everyone would be forced to worship their games.
Nawww ... just statues of Geralt in the churches ... maybe Saint Ciri too ... she did save the world after all.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9182031 said:
very!

Nawww ... just statues of Geralt in the churches ... maybe Saint Ciri too ... she did save the world after all.

>implying CDPR wouldn't start an inquisition to hunt down and anihilate any competitors in the gaming industry

Why bother?
If you're worshiped by the masses their blind faith means nothing can seriously threaten your position.
I suppose they could be petty, vindictive, and intolerant and crush any perceived threats but seriously, why bother?

Top Bottom