The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Most SP games won't go away, but will likely downscale, similar to what Ninja Theory did with Senua.

Smaller teams of max 50 people, less budget spent on marketing, games less bloated with features that add little to core experience. More creative, reliant more on "word to mouth" promotion, shorter length, 20-40 $ price range.

Middle ground between indie's and AAA, essentially, with "big success" measured in about 1-2 million of sales.

It would actually be a damn good thing to see this, too many games these days are far bigger than they should be.

Our Open World is 50km2!

Ours is 65!

And ours will be 100!

STOP. THIS. MADNESS.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
Stinks for that studio. However, I would say SP games have done well for over the last few years. Go look at IMDB's list of highest rated games of the decade. Most of them are primarily single player games (though several have multiplayer components). SP games have done pretty well this year in sales too (Horzion ZD and Zelda being the best examples).

EA is too big now and the accountants make the decisions. Shutting down a smaller studio probably made good financial sense, but will not affect they way they develop their games. Nor should it affect CDPR and CP2077. I think once CP2077 drops and is a massive worldwide seller some heads may roll over at EA. Well, one can hope.

animalfather;n9708061 said:
So EA cancelled the Star Wars RPG game by Visceral headed by Amy. How will this affect CB2077? Is this the end of the storydriven SP games. Is everything moving towards loot boxes?
This could not be good for the industry. I would say that having a AAA studio in the west is suicide when you can move your studio with creative leads to India and produce a game for a fraction of the cost. Poland is not India but wages are still much lower. I know many tech industries are ditching india and setting up shop in poland, Ericsson is one of them.
What do you guys think?

*EA starts making multiplayer games instead of singleplayer ones.
*There will be less companies in the industry making singleplayer games
*There will be less companies to compete with CDPR.

Rockstar' GTA was primaly focused on singleplayer, and it made quite a lot of success. Singleplayer games ain't dead, it's just getting rarer to see them.

Incest? that's just revolting! as opposed to that time I advocated letting corps make clones but only so they could all go fuck themselves... or the times I've posted ponies getting violated by mechanical devices, because THAT shit is just pure ART. don't believe me, just go google "mr. hands", some of the hottest shit ever.

eraser7278;n9710921 said:
ponies getting violated by mechanical devices, because THAT shit is just pure ART. don't believe me, just go google "mr. hands"

Think I'll pass. I'm still traumatized and bitter at the world for letting those ponies ever to become the sort of thing they apparently are.

hmm, better add "clop clop" to your safe search filter then. don't say i never did nuthin for ya ;)

is this helping or hurting? I can't decide (weather you should...)

A picture of a blackhole and the knowledge it had done its duty here would be a more welcome sight, but I tip my hat for the effort.

4meg;n9708791 said:
EA is too big now and the accountants make the decisions. Shutting down a smaller studio probably made good financial sense, but will not affect they way they develop their games. Nor should it affect CDPR and CP2077. I think once CP2077 drops and is a massive worldwide seller some heads may roll over at EA. Well, one can hope.

Visceral and the amy hening game was not a small production infact it was no 1 anticipated game from EA and maybe the whole industry.

Guest 4149880

animalfather;n9711331 said:
Visceral and the amy hening game was not a small production infact it was no 1 anticipated game from EA and maybe the whole industry.

EA is in the business of money, not worthy game development. I'm not surprised is was cancelled, I figured it would be. Look at the track record of Star Wars video games. Its not good. And a huge single player story driven Star Wars game won't sell as well as oh.... a multiplayer game with micro transactions.

This is the direction the game industry is going in and people mindlessly follow and support it, so its going to continue and worth while video game content will be less and less as time goes on. People seem to be just fine with that. Battlefront sold without a story mode why? I suppose they ran out of lore ideas

eraser7278;n9707371 said:
no... but this one time I had a dr shoot laser beams at my eye. It was like one day, everything was blurry and then the next day... well the next day my eyes felt like someone shot pepper spray in them at point blank range... but like a couple days after THAT, I saw the world in uncorrected 20/20 4k ultra HD. It was glorious, and the humanity loss didn't drive me insane at all :eek:

now imagine if those peepers of yours were behind permanently attached flash-proof mirror shades and could zoom and detect heat signatures. AND your arm was chrome :)

BjornTheBandit;n9714111 said:
now imagine if those peepers of yours were behind permanently attached flash-proof mirror shades and could zoom and detect heat signatures. AND your arm was chrome :)

Oh, he has. He has.

As have all us old Punkers. So many times.

BjornTheBandit;n9714181 said:
Full-body-conversion sounds amazing.

So Motoko-style full body prosthetic with a cyberbrain?

Hm... Ghost in the shell style stability, Cyberpsycho, or cyberzombie from shadowrun?

Are you even human at that point

Corewolf;n9726001 said:
So Motoko-style full body prosthetic with a cyberbrain?

Hm... Ghost in the shell style stability, Cyberpsycho, or cyberzombie from shadowrun?

Are you even human at that point

Depends on your starting Empathy, the process used, and a certain amount of luck.

Oh, wait. Did you say "human" or "sane"? Because human I dunno. Your fleshy bit is still human DNA, so...yes? You're driving around a big human-shaped car? With your brain?

Top Bottom