Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
Nomad... but I honestly feel you should not be limited to one role...

That's interesting. Share your thoughts with us if you want. I'm not hip on the Cyberpunk rules so I don't know if one can switch roles in mid game but how would you want the "role" system to be implemented?

I'd probably give everything a try, depending the skills system (if it's like Interlock) but I'd go Netrunner first, then Solo, then down the list.

That's interesting. Share your thoughts with us if you want. I'm not hip on the Cyberpunk rules so I don't know if one can switch roles in mid game but how would you want the "role" system to be implemented?

Roles should merely provide bonuses to certain skills. Players should be able to choose a Primary Role, but should be able to assign points to all the others as they see fit, as well as to skills. In addition, the Primary Role chosen should have an effect on how the story unfolds. The missions of the game remain the same, only for people with different roles, the order in which they come, and the objectives of the mission itself changes. For instance, if you are playing a Netrunner, one mission might have you trying to infiltrate a drug deal, using your hacking skills to record the entire thing for black mail. But if you are playing a Cop, your objective is to arrest the main dealer. Or if you are playing a Solo, your job is to protect the dealer from the cops who bust in. Or if you are playing a Nomad, you are the getaway driver for the dealer. The missions are all the same, but why you are there and what you are doing would change depending on your role and choices within the game. That way, even though the missions are exactly the same in subsequent play-thrus, it will always feel unique. Imagine how interesting this could get in a co-op style game?

Can someone please explain what each role is special for? Cops seem the most obvious and I already ready read a great deal about them here. Some more lines on each one in the main post for ppl like me who have no idea about the PnP? I would have used google/wiki but well :p

I would roll with Solo first to get a grasp of the combat system.

And then second playthrough would be a Media and see how far I can push shit with crazy drug and cybernetic addictions. lol

More than likey a solo. Though cop and netrunner I would probably enjoy as well and will be for following playthroughs. Being able to mix up some skills would be preferable for the way I like to play though.

I think that voting could help CDPR creating better game. I am 100% sure they are having big brain storm over classes like Media or Corporate.

This voting says it all, they should concentrate on creating a game with only max 5 classes and stories paths? if possible and leave those less popular classes on the side for later DLC's perhaps.

Netrunner, Nomad, Rockerboy, Cop and Solo look really interesting.. story and combat wise.

Roles should merely provide bonuses to certain skills. Players should be able to choose a Primary Role, but should be able to assign points to all the others as they see fit, as well as to skills. In addition, the Primary Role chosen should have an effect on how the story unfolds. The missions of the game remain the same, only for people with different roles, the order in which they come, and the objectives of the mission itself changes. For instance, if you are playing a Netrunner, one mission might have you trying to infiltrate a drug deal, using your hacking skills to record the entire thing for black mail. But if you are playing a Cop, your objective is to arrest the main dealer. Or if you are playing a Solo, your job is to protect the dealer from the cops who bust in. Or if you are playing a Nomad, you are the getaway driver for the dealer. The missions are all the same, but why you are there and what you are doing would change depending on your role and choices within the game. That way, even though the missions are exactly the same in subsequent play-thrus, it will always feel unique. Imagine how interesting this could get in a co-op style game?

Hm, that's a very interesting take on it. If Red could implement it, then that'd be great. I'd love to see an opportunity to grow as a player, adapt to the gameplay by spending points in areas he prefers. So yeah, cool idea :)

A coop mode is always welcome and having your system in place would offer a lot of versatility and replayability. Though if it turns out that having a coop mode would distract the team and draw a lot of resources away from the singleplayer experience then I'd rather not have it. It's gotta stand up on it's own and be quality shit. Not some tacked on afterthought mode to appease the coop crowd.

Corporate.

While I have little knowledge on what they do exactly, I do hope that they use their skill as slick businessmen and resources in a more economical and political way, serving as the man behind the desk rather than the typical errand boy, not simply getting a boost when it comes to money to buy more implants, guns, etc.

Fixer is also a choice I'm interested in, considering they are deal makers, smugglers, organizers and information brokers. I'm getting all excited over the possibilites this could feature.

Top Bottom