consoles not confirmed?

+
Basically nothing except that CP2077 is being worked on is confirmed.
But I can't imagine there won't be a console version.

Suhiira;n9301291 said:
Basically nothing except that CP2077 is being worked on is confirmed.
But I can't imagine there won't be a console version.

i think there will be a console version too
and it would be a good thing for cdpr because of the money
but i dont see base ps4 and xbox one running cp2077 judging by how this game is described
i dunno if u remember how witcher 3 played on ps4 its better now after patches but still

I do think there will be a console version.

But I don't know which way CDPR might go when it comes to if the console version should come out at the same time as the pc version or not.

Witcher 1 was only for PC. Witcher 2 came first out for PC, and then console about a year later. And Witcher 3 had both it's PC and console versions released on the same day.

So really, CDPR could go any way here I feel with CP2077, atleast when it comes to there actually being a console version.

Maybe Witcher 3 is the better indication here, since it is the last one that was released... but I could also see them holding of on a console version untill later, due to that CP2077 is something which is very new to them (especially with all the difference between a fantasy and a realistic sci-fi setting).

But not releasing a console version at all? Naa, I have a hard time believing that they would not eventually make a console version. This would compleatly depend on what kind of game CDPR intends to make CP2077 into, and currently I don't see them making something which would be impossible to play on a console.

It so often seems to be the case that I don't see it not being one here too, so the console version is likely to be the primary version of the game for which all the interfaces, mobility controls and such are designed.

samoilaaa;n9301211 said:
so i watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUucPar-irs
and at 17:35 this guys says that it hasnt been confirmed for consoles yet
and to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if the game was pc timed exclusive until next gen consoles

Considering that almost half of the gamers play in console, it would be too risky to release it only for PC. Anyway there's the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio, but I hope they don't release it only for those formats, most people (like me) only have the regular version of this generation.

I agree a console version is a good idea, but I would imagine that PC users would have a greater experience in immersion and gameplay with the extra customization available to them.

Guest 4149880

For CDPR's huge fanbase built up to current consoles and PC already at this point, I highly doubt they will make the game for next gen consoles no one has yet and will take a lot more time to build sales when everyone must buy new hardware instead, release for current or upgraded consoles and PC that's already been established. And a PC timed exclusive would surely hinder CP2077 sales when the majority play consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think it will release for all major platforms. It's been explictly said it will be a AAA game (a lot of time, a lot of resources, a lot of money), which normally - though not always means multiple platform release so as to make it profitable. Also as a friendly preemptive reminder. no platform wars here.

Top Bottom