Braindance (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

+
Braindance (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)

Hi folks,

I have finally finished the Part 3 in the lore series, would be good to hear some feedback (looking at you Sardukhar :) )

After getting to know more about the subject, I can see why and how CDPR might want it to play some role if not a bigger role in Cyberpunk 2077.

Hope you like it.

Thanks everyone :)

GREAT VID !

Nice job of avoiding speculation while hitting the known points about Braindance from CP2020 and excellent use of clips from various sources to illustrate those points.

10/10 :cheers:

Nice job man! Wondering if BD players have gotten more compact, implantable even, between 2020 and 2077? I mean, the Danza 2 certainly implied as much.

Suhiira;n9314151 said:
GREAT VID !

Nice job of avoiding speculation while hitting the known points about Braindance from CP2020 and excellent use of clips from various sources to illustrate those points.

10/10 :cheers:

Thanks :) I'm glad you liked it - I added now full list of footage and images used into the video description.

If you noticed - the "LOADING" screen was less than 6 seconds :) The idea I had was that you the viewer after seeing the Danza 2 advert would like to try it out, with that in mind, you the viewer is using Danza 2 to view the information. However, did you notice the intrusion near the end? If you pay attention even though there is several glitches after the advert as such - only one is with distinct glitch sound in middle and thats where it starts and slowly ends with your brain being hacked. It culminates with you waking up. Or did you actually wake up? I mean the DATATERM overlay never goes away..... I'll leave that for you to decide :)

What I do know is - no matter what - follow the Red Cardinal - it will set you ......

kanonite;n9314391 said:
Nice job man! Wondering if BD players have gotten more compact, implantable even, between 2020 and 2077? I mean, the Danza 2 certainly implied as much.

It certainly would get much much more advanced, Danza 2 seems to be 2nd generation BD Player and Danza 2 was part of promotional material for Cyberpunk2077?

A little while ago, I suggested a "sub-quest", if you will, having to do with this very topic. Say your character becomes a "braindance junkie." Why not create a "sub-quest" where what the junkie "experiences in the "dance" is indistinguishable from reality and the person begins acting as if the braindance experience WERE reality...Only to have them wake up and face the consequences of what they have actually done in "realtime?" It is as if they were "sleepwalking".

RLKing1969;n9320741 said:
A little while ago, I suggested a "sub-quest", if you will, having to do with this very topic. Say your character becomes a "braindance junkie." Why not create a "sub-quest" where what the junkie "experiences in the "dance" is indistinguishable from reality and the person begins acting as if the braindance experience WERE reality...Only to have them wake up and face the consequences of what they have actually done in "realtime?" It is as if they were "sleepwalking".

No not really, thats not how BD works, you the viewer don't do anything whilst you're experiencing BD. What BD junkies do though is that they prefer to see fabricated stories over their own reality, so they would rather spend all their time watching that rather than live their own lives. There is no such thing as "sleep walking" - as far as I know at least? But do correct me if I am wrong.

From what we know the dangers are neural shock from the experience or personality rewrites due to intrusion.

Pretty much Gizmo0 , braindance junkies just sit there, and over time their muscles go to hell ... couch potato 2077 !
I suspect you could also forget to eat and drink as well (after all you just had a 7 course banquet in your braindance), so die of thirst in about 5 days.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways that part about just laying there with your body potentually wasting away as your in a Brain Dance, reminds me very much so of the Bruce Willis film "Surrogates"... where the people get so hooked on using their "Surrogates" in the real world, that they just basicly stop leaving their house and are almost constantly hooked up to the interface for it.

Last edited:
Nice job of avoiding speculation while hitting the known points about Braindance from CP2020 and excellent use of clips from various sources to illustrate those points.....

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9324241 said:
Pretty much Gizmo0 , braindance junkies just sit there, and over time their muscles go to hell ... couch potato 2077 !
I suspect you could also forget to eat and drink as well (after all you just had a 7 course banquet in your braindance), so die of thirst in about 5 days.

Then again, one might have intravenous system setup just to avoid situations like that. What type of food is there in CP world btw?

Calistarius;n9326031 said:
In a lot of ways that part about just laying there with your body potentually wasting away as your in a Brain Dance, reminds me very much so of the Bruce Willis film "Surrogates"... where the people get so hooked on using their "Surrogates" in the real world, that they just basicly stop leaving their house and are almost constantly hooked up to the interface for it.

Yeah addicts could be like that I suppose, only difference is they are not living their own lives through androids, but live the lives of someone else. Imagine soap operas in BD :)

Gizmo0;n9340451 said:
Yeah addicts could be like that I suppose, only difference is they are not living their own lives through androids, but live the lives of someone else. Imagine soap operas in BD :)
I would actually say that many of those people in the movie surrogates do technically live the lives of others... because chances are that many of these people would never be the people they are "out in the real world" if they did not have the surrogates. Just look at something like how people can be on the internet in todays society, where many will try and be something they are not. And when you add something like surrogates to the mix... be who ever you would want to be, and potentually look how ever you would like to look... that would be a really powerful mix of things I feel.

Calistarius;n9342571 said:
I would actually say that many of those people in the movie surrogates do technically live the lives of others... because chances are that many of these people would never be the people they are "out in the real world" if they did not have the surrogates. Just look at something like how people can be on the internet in todays society, where many will try and be something they are not. And when you add something like surrogates to the mix... be who ever you would want to be, and potentually look how ever you would like to look... that would be a really powerful mix of things I feel.

That is a very interesting point - especially how today's society is acting about being who they are not. Though I don't think you can over take a brain dancer, you the viewer, your mind can be over written, but it doesn't work the other way around - afaik.

Top Bottom