How big do you believe replicants will play a role in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n9650661 said:
So it would be plausible for Cyberpunk 2077 to have human like androids?

Yeah, If tech didn't stagnate to badly over the 50s years between 2020 and 2077, there could possibly be humanoid androids running around, they already have base models for androids with the around 20 different full conversion cyborg kits. I think the only thing that might hold human androids back would be if there were laws passed on how advanced an ai could be or allowed to be.

walkingdarkly;n9650741 said:
Yeah, If tech didn't stagnate to badly over the 50s years between 2020 and 2077, there could possibly be humanoid androids running around, they already have base models for androids with the around 20 different full conversion cyborg kits. I think the only thing that might hold human androids back would be if there were laws passed on how advanced an ai could be or allowed to be.

FIrst Mike being specific about genetic androids, now this lore plausibility. This could only mean one thing: human like androids confirmed for Cyberpunk 2077.

I think it'd be pretty cool to have a cyberPUNK game that doesn't fall into a typical trope like this. I mean, they made SILENT MOVIES about this shit WAAAAAY back. Good movies, but I think the whole thing has been well and thoroughly explored by many many many many many people.

For me, I'll have something novel, thank you very much

I love Blade Runner, and I like the idea of replicants, but I don't want them in my cyberpunk. Severely psychotic cyborg solos? Hells yeah. Whingy emo faux-humans? Pass.

Androids still have that "little" issue of an AI brain ... and it being small enough to fit in a human sized frame someplace (no need to have it in the head, more room in the torso) ... oh yes, and cheap enough androids aren't just lab experiments.
Then there's the "minor" problem with what powers them? For how long?

Miniature slow-poke fission reactor? Good power source and a long life, but really difficult to replace and wreaks havoc on the environment if you crack it open with a phased-plasma rifle.

4meg;n9712721 said:
Miniature slow-poke fission reactor? Good power source and a long life, but really difficult to replace and wreaks havoc on the environment if you crack it open with a phased-plasma rifle.
A miniature fission reactor?
It only takes up 2 cubic meters vice 10 or so for the "miniature" reactors currently used in nuclear subs?

Suhiira;n9713481 said:
A miniature fission reactor? It only takes up 2 cubic meters vice 10 or so for the "miniature" reactors currently used in nuclear subs?

I don't disagree, but I'm curious as I've seen you many times opposing this kind of stuff. Is this something established in the CP fiction (can't remember myself), that it's unachievable (inspite all the other tech) at least until a very very long time has passed, or is it just how ridiculous it sounds by our terms?

kofeiiniturpa;n9713571 said:
I don't disagree, but I'm curious as I've seen you many times opposing this kind of stuff.
But I trust you'll note I "oppose" it on basic scientific principals not merely because "I don't like it".

I want CP2077 to be "real" science fiction, leave the fantasy to Shadowrun.

Suhiira;n9713991 said:
But I trust you'll note I "oppose" it on basic scientific principals not merely because "I don't like it".

I want CP2077 to be "real" science fiction, leave the fantasy to Shadowrun.

I agree with this sentiment. That's why I said fission and not fusion. ;)

Suhiira;n9713991 said:
But I trust you'll note I "oppose" it on basic scientific principals not merely because "I don't like it". I want CP2077 to be "real" science fiction, leave the fantasy to Shadowrun.

Sure, sure. I've noted, and agree. Although, I never looked at it from the "it needs to be scifi, not fantasy" perspective, just that the science there didn't go the way of... what could be expected. The fiction there excluded stuff that would've seemed obvious for a high tech scifi and I think it is OK, I'm not going to miss replicants or energy weapons (should they be absent... and they should).

I just wondered if all the other technological wonders there are on the same level of scrutiny.

kofeiiniturpa;n9716461 said:
I just wondered if all the other technological wonders there are on the same level of scrutiny.
I, of course, can't say for certain, but if you look at CP2020 Mike did a pretty good job of excluding/including the probable (from an early 1980s perspective) and I can't think of any reason CDPR won't do the same.

Suhiira;n9717191 said:
I, of course, can't say for certain, but if you look at CP2020 Mike did a pretty good job of excluding/including the probable (from an early 1980s perspective) and I can't think of any reason CDPR won't do the same.

Yeah.
I was more asking for your stance on it, but good enough, there's no real argument here.

Top Bottom