x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade Runner 2049 : Bar for 2077 higher now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalmaniac21 View Post
    Pris is bae, guys.
    which pris are you talking about here, the one from the original or the new one?

Originally posted by animalfather View Post
    but joi waifu tops them all
    Don't you want something "real"?
    "In twenty-seventy or so. Tenements on fire. Blazing through endless nights."

Comment

https://media.giphy.com/media/tc8l52ZrXrmwM/giphy.gif

Last edited by asheram; 12-10-17, 03:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisbeth_Salander View Post
        Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

*absolutely no sexism intended nor implied
        "Deserves got nothin to do with it" - William Munny

Comment

I finally went to the movies to see 2049 with some friends. They didn't leave the theatre as enthused by it as I was. I personally thought it complemented the original very well sometimes by subverting some of the original's elements. It was probably too long... not because of padding because I enjoyed every moment I was allowed to explore its world, maybe more because of the pacing and how decompressed devery scene and emotion was, which I also kind of enjoyed taking in... and there was also a certain lack of resolution of some threads... but I liked it a surprising lot for a movie that nobody really asked for.

I picked option two. I don't think it sets the bar any higher than the original which is still the better picture of the two, it just brings more attention to the genre. Also read about the Snow Crash series by Amazon (hope it's better than The Man in the High Castle...), and still there's Netflix's Altered Carbon over the horizon... so how do you think all this coordinated effort to revitalize cyberpunk came to be? Don't you think it was CP2077 itself that made everyone want a piece of the cake? I don't think they'll ever make me abhor the genre, I hope they just don't tire the general audiences.

In how 2049 relates to cyberpunk... I personally thought it was very cyberpunk.

- You don't say!

- No really. Let me say it, I'm on to something... Just look at Ryan Gosling's character:

Forget that he's supposed to be a Replitcant. Or if that even matters. He's some guy with a shit job he's been conditioned to love (they used a kind of Voight-Kampf test flipped on its head to associate some nasty things to good things: your place in a compartimentalized cell as something natural like bees in a beehive; the shackles of your job, your slavery, with emotional bonds...), lives in a shit apartment, eats shit food... oh, but he can overlay it with a hologram. And for whatever reason they acknowledge some humanizing emotions in him since he's a consumer of waifu tech... but that's fucking sad.

And you also see that slavery in its world isn't just for replicants.

Comment

Originally posted by eraser7278 View Post

Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
            Joke is on you, I believe there is no difference.

Comment

Joke is on you, I believe there is no difference.
              But you seem to think your best girl luv is superior simply because of that killer Bod [~15] of hers (skimping on neither form nor function, I totally get the appeal), which makes her "real" despite being lab designed and vat grown in orbit.

/me inserts tongue firmly into cheek
              [SARCASM] Quit being such a hate-mongering corporeal-ist! Digitally enhanced AI waifu's are "people" too... maybe... the definition of people keeps changing by the hour, you'll have to ask PC-Principal for the most up to date party line on who is "people." But lacking a physical presence in the world is absolutely a disability, which means your digs at the corporeal-ly challenged are 100% "punching down" and they just earned you an all expenses paid vacation to an SJW gulag, "re-education camp." [/SARCASM]
              /me disengages tongue from cheek

Comment

fake is the new real
                "James is still cool. He's always been cool."

Comment

eraser7278 I'm really not arguing over which one is better. Isn't the point of the movie that...
                  ...there is absolutely no way to prove each individual subjective experience? Thus K, Luv and Joi might actually have subjective experiences and self awareness.

Last edited by Lisbeth_Salander; 12-10-17, 17:53.

Comment

which pris are you talking about here, the one from the original or the new one?
                    Was there a big difference? I like the new design better tho. In original she looks like an amsterdam prostitute for the clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmaniac21 View Post
                      Was there a big difference? I like the new design better tho. In original she looks like an amsterdam prostitute for the clowns.
                      Fun fact of the day: Mackenzie Davis (the new pris) is 5'10/1.78 cm.

Comment

I thought that Trixie from the first animated back story short was the new Pris.

Comment

she also looks absolutely adorkable in glasses! remember that time she found Matt Damon mars after the rest of NASA gave up on him? This woman is a national treasure! why da fuk is she getting stuck with ancillary roles all the time, did she say NO to Harvey i wonder...

point being she should be bigger than she is, and I want the people responsible for this injustice "dealt with". the job pays 8k EB up front, 12k EB once the kill is verified... we require video documentation before dispensing the second payment. Contractors shall supply their own equipment, but ammunition expenses will be covered by the client... don't be stingy

Comment

"James is still cool. He's always been cool."

Comment

Originally posted by eraser7278 View Post

she also looks absolutely adorkable in glasses! remember that time she found Matt Damon mars after the rest of NASA gave up on him? This woman is a national treasure! why da fuk is she getting stuck with ancillary roles all the time, did she say NO to Harvey i wonder...
                              Which nation? She's Canadian. As is Gosling and Villeneuve (Quebecois).

Comment

Originally posted by 4meg View Post

Which nation? She's Canadian. As is Gosling and Villeneuve (Quebecois).
                                My nation. A NATIONAL TREASURE.

She is pretty good, though. Check out "Halt and Catch Fire" if you haven't seen it.
                                All posts are typically and brilliantly my own, unless you see my Moderator Voice. | We have Rules! Read 'em! | Visit the Forlorn Hope! |For OFF TOPIC, our Community Section is here to service you!

Comment

Working...
                                X