Blade Runner 2049 : Bar for 2077 higher now?

+

Blade Runner 2049 : Bar for 2077 higher now?

• Total voters
I guess I'm in the minority in that I thought 2049 was highly overrated. It felt like half the movie was wasted on K and Joi's relationship, which had very little impact on the actual plot, and that kills the pacing. There was absolutely no need to spend that much time on them as a few minutes here and there to establish their connection would've suffice. I would've much rather they spent that wasted runtime on the resistance instead. Niander Wallace was also a disappointment, as he came off more as a confused capitalist (replicant breeding is faster than factory produced replicants? Yeah no) than the diabolical genius I felt he should've been.

Cinematography, music and set design were all top notch, however, and the final plot reveal was very good, but not enough to save this movie for me. A metaphor I like to use to describe this movie was the "fake" Rachael Niander was able to produce: looks great on the surface, but it's ultimately hollow.

Last edited:
Can someone explain what this topic is about?
It's an old topic, made by Sard when there was much less (spoiler: none) news or info about the game. It was just for fun.

Someone appears to have revived it for reasons unknown.

At any rate, the original topic was "Do you expect more from 2077 now that you've seen Blade Runner 2049?"

Great movie, but no...if only because Cyperpunk 2077 is very different.

An easter egg might be fun though...maybe a reference to something from the baseline test

Or a aerodyne chase/ combat sequence drawing inspiration from the end of the film...

Last edited:
Top Bottom