Blade Runner 2049 : Bar for 2077 higher now?

+

Blade Runner 2049 : Bar for 2077 higher now?

• Total voters
Lisbeth_Salander;n9686711 said:
Fun fact of the day: Mackenzie Davis (the new pris) is 5'10/1.78 cm.

she also looks absolutely adorkable in glasses! remember that time she found Matt Damon mars after the rest of NASA gave up on him? This woman is a national treasure! why da fuk is she getting stuck with ancillary roles all the time, did she say NO to Harvey i wonder...

point being she should be bigger than she is, and I want the people responsible for this injustice "dealt with". the job pays 8k EB up front, 12k EB once the kill is verified... we require video documentation before dispensing the second payment. Contractors shall supply their own equipment, but ammunition expenses will be covered by the client... don't be stingy ;)

Lisbeth_Salander;n9686711 said:
Fun fact of the day: Mackenzie Davis (the new pris) is 5'10/1.78 cm.

eraser7278;n9687101 said:
she also looks absolutely adorkable in glasses! remember that time she found Matt Damon mars after the rest of NASA gave up on him? This woman is a national treasure! why da fuk is she getting stuck with ancillary roles all the time, did she say NO to Harvey i wonder...

Which nation? She's Canadian. As is Gosling and Villeneuve (Quebecois).

4meg;n9688701 said:
Which nation? She's Canadian. As is Gosling and Villeneuve (Quebecois).

My nation. A NATIONAL TREASURE.

She is pretty good, though. Check out "Halt and Catch Fire" if you haven't seen it.

I am 6'2'' so a taller girl is just more practical. I don't want to break my back when I'm 84 trying to give her a hug because I have to bend over so far

BjornTheBandit;n9691301 said:
I am 6'2'' so a taller girl is just more practical. I don't want to break my back when I'm 84 trying to give her a hug because I have to bend over so far
You could be a great team you get the tall spots she gets the short spots.

asheram;n9691411 said:
You could be a great team you get the tall spots she gets the short spots.

Hahaha, good point. But in reality, that just translates to me changing lightbulbs because I dont need a chair and still having to pick up the floor after the kiddos. I've decided I'm happy with my wife's height, as she can lay her head on my shoulder without me having to stoop. Both parties win! She gets the feels, I skip the backache! ; )

SPOILERS THE SIDE OF JUPITER AHEAD ABOUT JOI: Blade Runner 2049 screenwriter just confirmed something

Screenwriter Hampton Fancher explained that, “[K] is a handbook. He follows the rules. He’s a machine in a way. But the image was this: A handbook turns into a poem through his experiences and his ordeal and love. And the same thing with the digital woman.”

JOI CONFIRMED SENTIENT. She really loved K then.

I saw the movie last weekend and it was a damn good sequel. For me, this was an "alone" movie to watch in theaters. Acting, cinematography, faithfulness, special effects, etc. was top notch. It is a shame it's not raking in big bucks at the movies.

I picked the second option, btw.

Interrogator: "Recite your baseline."
J: "And blood-black nothingness began to spin... A system of cells interlinked within cells interlinked within cells interlinked within one stem... And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played."
Interrogator: "Cells."
J: "Cells."
Interrogator: "Have you ever been in an institution? Cells."
Interrogator: "Do they keep you in a cell? Cells."
Interrogator: "When you're not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box? Cells."
Interrogator: "Interlinked."
J: "Interlinked."
Interrogator: "What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked."
Interrogator: "Did they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked."
Interrogator: "Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked."
Interrogator: "Do you dream about being interlinked... ?"
Interrogator: "What's it like to hold your child in your arms? Interlinked."
Interrogator: "Do you feel that there's a part of you that's missing? Interlinked."
Interrogator: "Within cells interlinked."
J: "Within cells interlinked."
Interrogator: "Why don't you say that three times: Within cells interlinked."
J: "Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked."

I was a bit disappointed with the movie tbh.

I felt like the entire story was just a prelude to an actual story. Maybe that is the plan?

I mean, it had all the right elements, but for me it just wasn't that interesting.

I don't think it affects the game, it's a separate sub-branch of the genre.

Oh, and Hi. I've been stalking this forum for years just waiting for any information about the game to emerge, but alas, there still isn't any. Any day now, right?

Johnny.775;n9720821 said:
I was a bit disappointed with the movie tbh.

I felt like the entire story was just a prelude to an actual story. Maybe that is the plan?

I mean, it had all the right elements, but for me it just wasn't that interesting.

I don't think it affects the game, it's a separate sub-branch of the genre.

Oh, and Hi. I've been stalking this forum for years just waiting for any information about the game to emerge, but alas, there still isn't any. Any day now, right?

It definitely left it open for a sequel which I would happily go to watch.

While it's open for a sequel, I doubt one will happen. It's a film by fans for fans. I loved it, but I don't expect to see Blade Runner: 2051+ any time soon.

I have higher hopes for the development of Snow Crash on Amazon.

I was doing the happy-dappy butt dance on my way out of the cinema. I truly didn't believe that there was any way they were going to be able to pull off a sequel to the first film. But man, was I blown away by the story they told.

Alright, I admit freely that the pacing was just garbage in places, and I was literally shaking my head at certain cuts. (Especially the ones that linger on the back of Joe's head. For gods' sake -- if you're going to make the reveal clear in the first three seconds of the scene...then make us sit through nearly 30 seconds of lingering shots...at least let us see the character's face!) But I'm also kind of excited and pleased that the edit contained these mistakes, and here's why:

It meant no one interfered with the director's vision. It's obvious that this was exactly the movie that Villeneuve wanted to make. And the poor pacing did nothing to ruin the story for me. Which I loved as much as the first one.

I'll also say that while the movie may not have done that well initially, I think it will wind up doing better with time. True success doesn't always appear immediately.

Blade Runner 2049 was great. This wasn't an easy film to make, but they did very well.

We should be grateful about the end product in this case. Hollywood doesn't have a good track record with sequels and remakes.

Neuronin;n9750501 said:
Blade Runner 2049 was great. This wasn't an easy film to make, but they did very well.

We should be grateful about the end product in this case. Hollywood doesn't have a good track record.

FTFY.

Saw Bladerunner 2049 and loved it, also loved the original. It'll get people interested in the genre more, perhaps, but not necessarily CDPR's 2077. It's not like there's a ton of developer Q&As, gameplay videos and other marketing tactics floating around. Frankly, unless you're a gamer who is either already a fan of CDPR or happened to tune in when the game has gotten its 24-hour spotlight on gaming news sites here and there, you may not even know the game exists yet.

If anything, I'd say 2049 has simply given us a deeper insight into cyberpunk worlds in general, and the sort of themes that might get explored in 2077 - but it most certainly shouldn't be seen as a "bar raiser." Not in my opinion, that is.

Top Bottom