CDPR addresses recent departure and morale rumours

+
No Title

photo174321.gif

^Well, you two guys actually right in parts. Reinventing the wheel and caring for customer's earnings is alright (when it's not bethesda-way) but what about own employees? Losing a person on an important post like level designer or a programmer at least postpones the release date for no good reason since the newcomer has to learn anew or just reinvent another unfinished cyberwheel.
Sardukhar;n9698931 said:
Also, yes, AGAIN, They Read The Forums.
So? Yes read they but consider the following are or it's picture above? :yodaficator YD-102b active:

And "silence is the cost" is a strange argument. CDPR were pretty vocal about Cyberpunk in 2013-14, why not now?

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9699291 said:
^Well, you two guys actually right in parts. Reinventing the wheel and caring for customer's earnings is alright (when it's not bethesda-way) but what about own employees? Losing a person on an important post like level designer or a programmer at least postpones the release date for no good reason since the newcomer has to learn anew or just reinvent another unfinished cyberwheel.

So? Yes read they but consider the following are or it's picture above? :yodaficator YD-102b active:

And "silence is the cost" is a strange argument. CDPR were pretty vocal about Cyberpunk in 2013-14, why not now?

It's not actually an argument - it's policy, currently, for them not to show anything until they are ready. That's the cost - they have decided that in order to make this game, they need to not talk about it. They are much better at this than I, so I'm not going to second guess them..

As for Edo's pic, well.

What you're doing is creating a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. By "you" I mean customers with that response.

If they say nothing, well, they are hiding something.

If they say something, well, it's just hiding something.

Not really answerable, is it?

It's a business strategy,

Marcin Iwinski (CEO) said in a interview that CDPR will follow Bethesda's marketing strategy of releasing the game a short period after announcing it. Bethesda's strategy is basically what they did with Fallout 4:

1. Keep quiet until you are ready to announce your game
2. Announce your game at a big gaming event
3, Market the game pretty hard
4. Release it six months later

But why use this strategy? Because it creates hype.

Bethesda said nothing about Fallout 4 then announced it at 2015 E3 then they released it in november 2015.
If you keep showing bits of your game through 2 years period time, people will lose interest once it releases or even forget about the game.

Think about it, are people more interested in the game the day, or the week or the month after they see the first gameplay trailer or 2 years after seeing it? Interest fades away over time.
Reinventing the wheel and caring for customer's earnings is alright (when it's not bethesda-way)
Reinventing the wheel (bethesda-way)

Bethesda is using gamebryo since 2002 and they haven't updated it. Fallout 4 character animations and game mechanics are 85% similar to morrowind. How does Bethesda disguises their otdated engine? They use blur effect. Haven't you noticed how Fallout 4 uses the blur effect a lot?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9699411 said:

Sort-of. They were also unhappy with the negative feedback they got from showing so much Witcher 3 stuff as it changed over the years and people became upset when it changed away from what they were "promised". My favourite example of this is the multi-page angry thread on Geralt's hair. Angry, angry people.

So a combination of marketing and not wanting to disappoint fans. "What you see is what you get" is the plan.

They've been pretty clear about this. "We'll show you something when we have something to show you that represents the game you're going to play." They say that or something like it a lot.

People want more though. Me, too. Oh, well.

I'm just gonna stand by that picture(gif)...the necessity to say anything in this case means(in my honest opinion) that there is actually something going on .The wording of the statement feels weird to put it politely because instead of reassuring us it basically says "yes things are not good but it's the price that needs to be paid to get the things done" .

Edo34;n9699471 said:
I'm just gonna stand by that picture(gif)...the necessity to say anything in this case means(in my honest opinion) that there is actually something going on .The wording of the statement feels weird to put it politely because instead of reassuring us it basically says "yes things are not good but it's the price that needs to be paid to get the things done" .

What matters is the final product. Every game was built on the back of a disposable workforce, and right now CDPR can hire so many.

You know you have nothing to talk about when you start fuzzing about the waterboy complaining about how his job sucks.
For all I care, CDPR can be the biggest douchebag company on earth making EA or Activision looking like fairy (I mean, it's a company aiming to make money and pay it's bill, don't expect an human and delicate managership), I just want that game to be good (or at least, have something decent to talk about, since now even speculation is dead since the game is what, almost 60% if not more done...release date is 2years at best, don't tell me they're gonna reboot everything just now and still, nothing to talk about, not even just a small update confirming some stuff or making paralel with the pnp, like, I dunno, just something).
All those stuff are getting ridiculous, the leak that never leaked, the employee ranting about a ghost project for all we know (and which can still sucks for all we know too, even CDPR can make mistakes... I mean, Mike Pondsmith did Cyberpunk 2030, George Lucas did Episode 1, Ridley Scott did Alien Covenant...What if CP77 was actually the first bad game from CDPR? Since we have zero info, so we can assume that they're just doing it wrong as right too...).

So, getting back here after a while, the only info aviable is that the CEO secretary has a shit job.
Ok, see you next year, if gladly we have stuff to debate about, other than expectation over nothing or how the CDPR lunch room lacks vegetable...

Last edited:
4meg;n9699761 said:
The first rule of CP2077 is *BANG!* *gurgle* *sputter* *expires*

*BANG!* [just to be sure] *make sure no Trauma Team card active* *loot* *harvest organs* *profit* *go to Forlorn Hope and lie about making the money fighting six Boosters armed with only your trusty paring monoknife.*

Maelcom404;n9699641 said:
Ok, see you next year, if gladly we have stuff to debate about, other than expectation over nothing or how the CDPR lunch room lacks vegetable... ]

The complaint was that CDPR lunch room lacked meat. Hey wait a second...Marcin Iwinski is a vegetarian..Oh no, could he be behind all of this?

Edo34;n9699471 said:

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

If they say nothing "Clearly something is wrong". If they say something "See this proves something was wrong"

At the end of the day, you will all come to your own conclusions.

Meccanical;n9699861 said:
If they say nothing "Clearly something is wrong". If they say something "See this proves something was wrong"

At the end of the day, you will all come to your own conclusions.

What I got from this is that CDPR really cares about their reputation as a developer and are trying the most to not let fear influence Cyberpunk 2077, in other words CDPR owns slaves and Marcin Iwinski is a BDSM sex dungeon master over the company.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9699411 said:
It's a business strategy,

Marcin Iwinski (CEO) said in a interview that CDPR will follow Bethesda's marketing strategy of releasing the game a short period after announcing it. Bethesda's strategy is basically what they did with Fallout 4:

1. Keep quiet until you are ready to announce your game
2. Announce your game at a big gaming event
3, Market the game pretty hard
4. Release it six months later

They fucked it up a bit. CDPR should've stick to either CP2077 or TW3 first instead of announcing these two(I'd prefer Witcher because show must go on!). We didn't know anything about Fallout 4 besides rumors before the announce. But we DO KNOW there's a Cyberpunk hiding in shadows, we had this stream of info about game and plans. It's a big difference, you know. Once Witcher retook the attention throne (and later most of the staff, postponing CP2077 for the first time), Cyberpunk was gone from the radar and most of us went like "WHAT?".

Lisbeth_Salander;n9699971 said:
What I got from this is that CDPR really cares about their reputation as a developer and are trying the most to not let fear influence Cyberpunk 2077, in other words CDPR owns slaves and Marcin Iwinski is a BDSM unicorn sex dungeon master over the company.

FTFY.

Too Blade Runner?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9699971 said:
What I got from this is that CDPR really cares about their reputation as a developer and are trying the most to not let fear influence Cyberpunk 2077, in other words CDPR owns slaves and Marcin Iwinski is a BDSM sex dungeon master over the company.

WHO TOLD YOU?!

Top Bottom