CDPR addresses recent departure and morale rumours

+
there is no reinventing the wheel, sry triangles, squares, decahedrons w/e will never be better than a circle. Just add your ideas as the wheel turns and progress.

Guest 4149880

People are over analyzing when they say they're reinventing the wheel. CDPR has been in a good shape, they've said before they will talk about it when its ready, AND they're not talking so its obviously not ready. There's no reason to expect 2077 to be Witcher with a different paint job, because Its an entirely different project with nothing in common with Witcher other then CDPR has a huge interest into making it into a video game.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be huge, and the things people are expressing about what they want and expect this game to be and you wonder why its taking years to develop.

There's hardly any information about working at CDPR or the development of Cyberpunk 2077 to come to any reasonable accusations that people are making from basically nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could have gone a lot better. Usually CDPR is good in how it communicates, but this left a far stronger impression of clumsy confirmation behind recent criticism ( if "reviews" are to be believed) along with vague statements about "we're doing our own thing", that really don't say anything.
And if CDPR openly states they expect huge effort and sacrifices from their employees, shouldn't they be equally rewarded?
If it's a choice between preserving your health/social life and a decent salary while working on a medium ( ambitious game) or super ambitious project while everything else suffers...how many would go for latter?
( In comparison, reviews on Naughty Dog, another studio known for driving it's employees to breaking point, are still substantially different and far more positive)

As for "reinventing the wheel"...I really can't agree with that. Damn, I wish, that were true. But so far, I didn't see any hints of could-be-visionaries in their ranks: well recognized names that created whole new genres: Miyamoto, Kojima, Mikami, Specter, Miyazaki, etc.

So far, CDPR has been, perhaps too much, following designs from other games ( cinematic storytelling of Bioware, world design from Rockstar, Ubisoft glowing trails vision, etc).

Granted, there were clear restrictions by predefined lore, but they still had a few areas they had room to do a lot more ( rpg progression swordplay, alchemy, mutagens, etc...)

I guess Cyberpunk will put this statement to the test: multiplayer, roles, netrunning, futuristic city design, PnP skills, lifepaths...there is really a ton of possibilities here.

Last edited:
Something people need to keep in mind is the base "work ethic" of a company.

Some places (like France) generally have shorter work days and more time off then say the USA. In China a 12+ hour work day 7-days-a-week is considered fairly normal.

So when you start hiring people from different work cultures you're going to have a certain amount of issues automatically.

Suhiira;n9712641 said:
Something people need to keep in mind is the base "work ethic" of a company.

Some places (like France) generally have shorter work days and more time off then say the USA. In China a 12+ hour work day 7-days-a-week is considered fairly normal.

So when you start hiring people from different work cultures you're going to have a certain amount of issues automatically.

Exactly.

Different work cultures not only meaning different countries, but also different companies. I can totally imagine that someone with experience in big Western AAA studios with their well developed HR policies, benefit programs, Google-style campuses etc might feel a little bit different in a company that was learning how to make games just a few years ago and didn't really have too much time to focus on their employees well being. Also - Poland. Home of brutal hyper-neo-liberalism on steroids for last 28 years when we were trying to catch up to all the rest after nearly 50 years of communism. Yes, it does make the emploer-employee relationships skewed.

That's not to say all those allegations are true(I have no such knowledge), just providing a little bit more context to possible reasons for people's dissatisfaction.

This is gonna sound a bit harsh but as long as the game is excellent i don't really care about their workplace conditions. If you don't like it leave get another job its that simple.

animalfather;n9713641 said:
This is gonna sound a bit harsh but as long as the game is excellent i don't really care about their workplace conditions. If you don't like it leave get another job its that simple.

actually it sounds exactly like you. bizarre gibberish.

[Sard Edit: while accurate, let's try to modify tone downwards.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom