Smart AIs, companions, stealth and random encounters CDPR looking to hire for.

+
Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.

I'm very pleased to note "both stealth and action based encounters" and "divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles".
I wonder if CDPR hires old ladies past retirement age?

Sardukhar;n9714171 said:
No, no they didn't. Not unless CDPR says they are in the game. And they haven't.

Way to kill the fun, man. I'm about to spread the news to my few million Twitter followers. HYPEEE! :p

so combat encounters will be scripted? maybe enemies will react to player gear, augmets used, number of companions, acpa?

and player taking cover, hiding, going full action hero.

if implanted nicly in aa way that still let players freedom it will be epic!

Eltyris;n9714211 said:
But seriously if they have companions, man I hope, we get something like D-dog.

Hey look, it's Geralt with dyed hair and an eyepatch, and with a doge.

But yeah, I... hate to be this "against everything" guy, so yeah, puppies for everyone. I most certainly wasn't going to say "enough with the dog companions already, please". No, sir.

tropit9;n9715201 said:
so combat encounters will be scripted?

I'd like to think it means those that "WILL" be scripted. E.g. story sequences that lead to a combat scenario.

Last edited:
I like companions, challenging AI & stealth.
  • Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
  • Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
Sounds good. I'm not sure what "random encounters" means. Also, just because someone gets hired to work on these types of systems does not mean they end up in the final product. So I wouldn't say "confirmed." More like "strongly suggested" or "confirmed to be one of the options they're considering and putting out job postings for" or something like that.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9719541 said:
It's kind of weird that "random encounters" is mentioned in OP's title. I think OP is probably making things up?

Yeah, now that you mention it. Almost as if something was pulled out of someones asshole.

You should ask him (or her, wihch ever way it goes) about it. An anonymous letter told me you two know eachother.

I hope we see some more context than "kill thugs". You encounter a group of snatchers doing their "work" on a victim.

- attack head on. ( there is a good chance victim will panic)
- stealth
- roleplaying: cop uses authority( dialogue option), rockerboy sics nearby gang on them
- netrunner hacks network and lures cops to same location
- environment: shoot down railing above them
- classic dialogue option ( scan info, use psychological background to "crack" npc)
- etc

They could also use some type of randomization/algorithm system that changes voice work/appearance to make every variation of encounter seem "unique"

Outside of that, CDPR would do well to look at Resident Evil IV when it comes to combat encounter design ( even if it's not an open world game).

I would laugh and laugh if there WERE "random"encounters like the old final fantasy games just to piss people off... I must be feeling trollish tonight

Guest 4149880

I think a companion system would work if the companions were almost completely independent of their actions. I'm not a huge fan of micro management of squads and all their levels, progression, stats and gear. Its not really about being lazy or wanting a less than stellar RPG system for companions, its needs to be more natural. I just find it more enjoyable when your companions have their specialized uses for various situations. I wouldn't mind a command system in combat but the companions need to be who they are and do what they do best rather then being a lost puppy without any sense of being, just a robot that follows you around for eternity.

It would be cool if as you play through the game you meet potential partners and stay in close contact with them to build up reputation the more you work with them. But these companions don't stay with you. They live their life, do their thing. When you need them for a specific mission, you call them, they'll meet you, you now embark upon the mission ahead. Once completed, the rep you build with them might go up, might go down depending on how much or little they agree or disagree with the actions of the mission.

If Companions include holographic companions projected from a console or stick a la BL 2049, then please make both female and male ones. Simulated personality should be a thing in Cyberpunk 2020, but old-timey sexism should not. Cyberpunk 2020 should obviously have futuristic sexism. ;) Widen the scope and let the user decide. Why exclude a paying customer?

Top Bottom