Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4149880

111elf;n9826151 said:
My number one fear for the game would be a set protagonist with no classes.

For some reason most high budget RPGs or Action-Adventures already feature set protagonists and that's just a major down side for me. The only exceptions are basically games by Bethesda or BioWare. Now BioWare has been inconsistent with the quality of their games and with EA there's always the danger of their next title becoming a "service-game" with always-online requirement (Anthem *cough*).

So I'd really hope for CDPR to become another developer to create RPGs with heavy customization options including race, gender, classes and preferably character backgrounds etc. Basically what Obsidian and Larian are doing :)

Unfortunately things aren't looking too good if the latest update from YongYea is correct (custom protagonist and classes have allegedly been cut due to mismanagement/overly ambitious scope). If that were true that would be a real bummer for me personally since those features would have been my number one hope for CP2077 :(

I think that's a lot of peoples fear as of now. And it seemed like CDPR knew exactly what people wanted when they first revealed Cyberpunk 2077, seemed like a dream game come true. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guest 4149880

Suhiira;n9797181 said:

Absolute joke, the cost of games is directly related to the goals set out by the developers and publishers to begin with far before the game even hits its peak sales yet they implement these features from day one knowing they will profit without them. Games are to expensive to make? Yet the entire mobile market is made up of games that cost nickels to produce and make millions based on this micro transactions sales model.

Even IF games were to expensive to make, the industry needs to take a step back before they dig their own grave because if they need to abuse and take advantage of players to this degree just to produce games from now on, they need to rethink how they even produce games, its not sustainable, because it goes far beyond just making a company money, everything in the industry effects everyone else to some degree.

Its sad when so many game development studios are always on the verge of death from their publishers if their game doesn't make enough money even when the game was profitable, just not enough for the greedy tyrannical overlords.

And at this point, the vision for games has only narrowed to how much money it can produce based on industry trends, rather then how will it revolutionize gaming.

This argument certainly doesn't justify their actions. Good video

Yep, I have no problem with the gaming industry making a profit, even a good one. But currently I think publishers see it as a "least investment - highest profit" industry.

I don't really blame the publishers, tho I have issues with the greed over product quality approach some take, the market has to wise up. But then since much of the game industry is aimed at the late-teen early-20s market how wise can you expect them to be :p

I do think they can put up a Microtransactions from this game. AS LONG AS if it’s on multiplayer BUT ONLY for cosmetics and stuffs. You know game like LoL, buy skins with real money to support the company.

There has been an announcement for Online components. I’m guessing this will get included. I mean I want to get a very looking character in a Multiplayer game to show off!! We may not have any info on Online yet but I really do have a feeling it’s gonna be so great that it can be a crossover of LoL, GTA Online, and PUBG. 3 Big Online Games today and don’t forget that Hearthstone (Gwent Card Game) to include too! It’s hype for Players who play Online a lot and never got bored by it isn’t?

That is CDPR Goal Right Now!

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-20-core-pc-games/

Off-topic, but have no good place to put in.

Since CDPR CEO so talkative about how important Multiplayer component is, I'd like to have a taste of it in beta-test before game launches. Open, closed, gated behind pre-order - doesn't matter. JUST DO EEET.

i will buy the game,
i won't buy any lootboxes or anything with real money i hope i can buy it with the game currency/credits, etc
i will buy expansions, like the expansions for witcher 3

the best for everyone is that the devs do the same as witcher 3

free dlc and paid big great expansions, everyone is happy

metalmaniac21;n9843001 said:
Off-topic, but have no good place to put in.
Since CDPR CEO so talkative about how important Multiplayer component is, I'd like to have a taste of it in beta-test before game launches. Open, closed, gated behind pre-order - doesn't matter. JUST DO EEET.
With Gwent CDPR invited select people to play it during it's development and their feedback was incorporated into the final game. No need for a public beta-test, CDPR already has a list of who can be "trusted" to abide by an NDA from the Gwent testing. But feedback from PLAYERS is critical if multi-player is going to be an important part of CP2077.

Suhiira;n9844291 said:
With Gwent CDPR invited select people to play it during it's development and their feedback was incorporated into the final game. No need for a public beta-test, CDPR already has a list of who can be "trusted" to abide by an NDA from the Gwent testing. But feedback from PLAYERS is critical if multi-player is going to be an important part of CP2077.
Err, I feel CDPR should fine-tweak their trusted players' list, last time I saw Gwent closed betas keys for sale, just after the first giveaway to those "trusted", especially replies left from "Igromir" show.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9845161 said:
Err, I feel CDPR should fine-tweak their trusted players' list, last time I saw Gwent closed betas keys for sale, just after the first giveaway to those "trusted", especially replies left from "Igromir" show.
I should have been clearer.
The "trusted list" would be people that were given keys and actually participated in the test NOT just anyone who (somehow) got a key.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Here's your loot boxes you filthy casuals.

M.png

"In short, CD Projekt Red wants Cyberpunk 2077 to make money for a very long time, either through elements that will make players pay more than the price of the game, if possible for content that is worth it. "Online is necessary, or highly recommended if you want long-term success," he says, opening the door to microtransactions."
SOURCE

Ok, so a GTA5 online, in worse because "pay-to-win" (if you want player to pay for your stuff, it's kinda the only way) where you'll be bulied by rich kids.

BeastModeIron;n9776751 said:
I wouldn't think CDPR would attempt this at all. They're an independent developer without any pressure or tyrannical control from publishers.

Last edited:
Maelcom404;n9847841 said:
"In short, CD Projekt Red wants Cyberpunk 2077 to make money for a very long time, either through elements that will make players pay more than the price of the game, if possible for content that is worth it. "Online is necessary, or highly recommended if you want long-term success," he says, opening the door to microtransactions."
SOURCE

[SENSE OF PRIDE AND ACCOMPLISHMENT INTENSIFIES]

that's awesome

It's true, though, that if they want to make lots and lots of money they need to appeal to that great big grey mass that happily pays for anything that's shoveled in their mouths.

Last edited:
On this last matter about the game possibly having sacrificed character creation and classes for a fixed protagonist: while this would be terrible, there are some ways to navigate the problem and have a more RPG-focused result than just going TW3 way and accepting absolute defeat.

One way for instance, is that the game could end up having a mostly fixed protagonist, perhaps even in gender and present time life conditions/situation, but:

1) - There are at least some Life Path choices we can make to customize the past, except that they will cause very isolated small scale consequences throughout the adventure.

2) - The different classes and/or play styles can be more or less dynamically adopted as you play, as if they were factions, and while each one has a bit of exclusive content in form of quests, encounters, and so on, most of them are limited to giving you a somewhat different experience but with the same quests and characters, which would form the main story.

My point is, even if in a worst case scenario they gave up on building the whole thing to be as wildly different as possible for character builds, they can still build a world around a more fixed PC that's ripe for experiencing what different classes/characters could do to some degree.

After the rumors said the most ambitious version has been greatly scaled down, even then I still think this could be more or less the game we end up with; a sci-fi witcher 3 clone being an extremely pessimistic and distant possibility imo.

Your Fears For The Game

AAA filled video games industry with all the other AAA video games publishing companies

Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer will have microtransactions or loot boxes.

Thankfully Belgium is the first country right now to investigate the loot boxes as gambling.

CD Projekt RED why can't you be the golden one left for the AAA video games industry and release for sale only the video game and release content like new maps, new skins, etc for FREE in BOTH the singleplayer and multiplayer? Like back in the 1990's and early 2000's?

Why do you have to chase money and try to squeeze money out of your customers like every other AAA video game publishing company is doing?

I feel like the video games industry just got the greediest ever.

I think in the next five years I will just quit purchasing and playing video games permanently.

I had faith in gog.com until GWENT: The Witcher card video game was released there.

Here's the CEO of CD Projekt RED interview. With a YouTube video.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cy...e-of-gaas-must-be-acknowledged-cdpr-ceo.6520/

Yeah, this has been covered already and is absolutely speculation. What Kicinski says in a business meeting vs what happens in a game not out yet are a big difference. Merging with Fears thread.

And merging is sooo borked right now. One post from Fears got moved here..took all posts from Fears with it. Argh.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Maelcom404;n9847841 said:

You won't be saying that later kiddo

And here on your left kids is what seems to be your average simple minded gamer. Blindly falling for the traps of todays gaming cultures most monstrous creature. It's sad really, they're continuously being fooled time and time again not even knowing any better. Give them some credit will ya kids, they weren't born with a brain. M.png

Last edited by a moderator:
WoW style skill trees, I want every character to be unique in the MP and I want your own actual skill to matter in the MP. lets create some real netrunners in the MP.

No skill trees.
They never work.
There's always an optimum skill set and the rest are a waste of both the developers and players time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom