Madqueen Show: Cyberpunk 2077 Data Videos (Unofficial)

+
DarthRaver8686;n8859840 said:
Madqueen id like to hear more about the corporations and the corporate war...specifically the 4th corporate war since that was the final big event leading up to cp2077 storyline

Here's the first chapter about Corporates and Megacorporations, and that is needed before talking about corporate wars!

Lisbeth_Salander;n8719780 said:
The soundtrack that may be featured in CP2077 is a nice subject. Not to mention that the whole "Synthwave" genre is focused on cyberpunk. You may actually attract a lot of views since artists like Perturbator, Dance With the Dead and Carpenter Brut don't get too much coverage in the media even though they are famous.

Aaand your wish is my command!

(Unofficial) Potential minigames on the works (and speculation about them)

And I'd love to know your thoughts about the potential mini-games inspired on CP2020, I'm sure I missed some!

*Raises her hand* - I collect knowledge and information.

So basically you're proposing simulated interactive VR in CP2077 as a minigame?

In the comments to the video I already proposed that bloodsports would be a mine for this.

Inside Cyberpunk 2077 you could play these bloodsports two ways:
- If your character is physically apt, they could enter the real league.
- Everyone else, including them, could play a videogame version of it in whichever implanted portable or implanted device they have.

The real league would be deadly. Real athletes would be maimed and have their limbs constantly replaced. Maybe even have prosthetic bodies specifically designed for the sport like Gally in Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita. They would even die irreversibly.

The virtual version, it would be implied, is a common pastime for people of all ages. It would include two main modes: playing the actual sport, like one plays FIFA or Madden; and playing a team manager, a kind of fantasy football. In this fantasy football you would be assembling your team and managing their day to day: contracts and wages, injuries and hospitalization, doping and enhancements... The players and special gear and cyber would be the collectible aspect, and it would be especially funny if it would expand on the world building by tieing into it. "Oh, they didn't take this athlete's likeness from the store even though he died/ was caught in a drug or sex scandal/ you name it...", or we're playing a pirated copy or using our Netrunner character to rig it or whatever.

I think this bloodsport mode could be greatly expanded as its own thing and cater to an entirely different audience than the core Cyberpunk 2077 and Gwent, while allowing for a great and meaty distraction in CP2077 proper.

So, the video is awesome. That was a great watch, and I agree with most everything said there.

Here's something that occurred to me. Could they not reach out to the makers of NetRunner and see about implementing a digital version of their game in CP? Just think of the possibilities!!!

But I do very much agree with collectibles getting players' attention. But at the same time, they can be very immersion breaking in open world games unless done just right. The Gwent cards in Witcher 3 was perfectly done. You only need those collectibles if you're doing the minigame they are tied to. And if you're doing it, you're pretty much getting them all anyway.

So maybe you could have something similar. If there's some minigame that's detailed, you could have collectibles for it that you get either through beating opponents or winning tournaments. And you'd have stores too. I mean, if there's something popular, there's going to be a hobby shop where you can buy stuff. And I think that might be the better way to handle collectibles in general. Make them appropriate in where they're found, instead of searching the sewers and finding that ultra rare card pack... for some reason. :p

Also, I think it would be good if they could leave some moddable opportunities for third party game attachments. Let's players design and add in their own minigames, which could show up in arcades or whatever in the world.

BjornTheBandit;n9790611 said:
Is this really LEAKED news, or is it just speculation....

We don't need mini games anymore, we need big multiplayer/singleplayer modes like GTA V where you had car deathmatches, plane battles, bank robbery, etc;

Guest 4149880

Lisbeth_Salander;n9796171 said:
We don't need mini games anymore, we need big multiplayer/singleplayer modes like GTA V where you had car deathmatches, plane battles, bank robbery, etc;

Nothing yells Grand theft Auto more then over the top silly and childish super online deathmatch modes... Maybe I'm getting old or I just can't get into this new generation of stuff.

AdamTaylor;n9776281 said:
So, the video is awesome. Could they not reach out to the makers of NetRunner and see about implementing a digital version of their game in CP?

You mean Android? I'm not sure if the game belongs to Fantasy Games or to Wizards of the Coast (and the edition is made by Fantasy Games paying royalties. Honestly, I didn't try Android yet, is in my pending list, but I should do it soon! Did someone play it here?

Decatonkeil;n9756811 said:
In the comments to the video I already proposed that bloodsports would be a mine for this.

Oh, yes please. Bloodsports

BjornTheBandit;n9790611 said:
Is this really LEAKED news, or is it just speculation....

It starts with leaks and then goes on with speculation.

Suhiira;n9754271 said:
*Raises her hand* - I collect knowledge and information.

So basically you're proposing simulated interactive VR in CP2077 as a minigame?

Yes! Well, actually that are the videogames inside 2020, so it would be like going back to the future of the origins (probably this sentence only made sense in my mind :p). But the possibilities in here are endless, as you're not bond to your real statics when entering VR!

MadqueenShow;n9819301 said:
Yes! Well, actually that are the videogames inside 2020, so it would be like going back to the future of the origins (probably this sentence only made sense in my mind :p). But the possibilities in here are endless, as you're not bond to your real statics when entering VR!
Interesting idea ... and just how would you go about simulating VR for those (the vast majority) players that don't own VR equipment?

Suhiira;n9819701 said:
Interesting idea ... and just how would you go about simulating VR for those (the vast majority) players that don't own VR equipment?

The character puts a VR headset on and then you play a new character. Like a metagame or minigame.

MadqueenShow;n9867581 said:
The character puts a VR headset on and then you play a new character. Like a metagame or minigame.
I don't follow how this simulates VR?
Braindance, maybe, but not VR.

Guest 4149880

Suhiira;n9867681 said:
I don't follow how this simulates VR?
Braindance, maybe, but not VR.

It has nothing to do with gaming VR sets literally, its simulating VR within the game. Similar to Fallout's VR pods. The character in the game uses a device and then inserted into a virtual world.

BeastModeIron;n9868031 said:
It has nothing to do with gaming VR sets literally, its simulating VR within the game. Similar to Fallout's VR pods. The character in the game uses a device and then inserted into a virtual world.

Like Fallout, it could be a nice opportunity to show a Better World from Yesterday. Maybe, say, our world or the 80s? Be a nice little reference - hair, the Cure, chrome, etc.

Wander around 1984 Los Angeles. You know, the place and time they set and filmed Terminator. Or 1982 - Blade Runner.

For an extra bonus, make it an actual VR-capable level.

guess the number would be a good mini game for netrunners to "hack" a password.

the one where you guess 4 numbers and the game tells you if one of the numbers is correct in right position and/or if a numbers is correct but in the wrong position.

ANY minigame that's an integral part of a games operating mechanics (i.e. Skyrim/Fallouts locking picking minigame) is an inherent problem.
Too easy and it's merely an annoyance, too hard and it's a roadblock to some players.
Also keep in mind, chances are you're not going to be playing it just once or twice, but over-and-over-and-over during the course of a game.

Minigames are fine as an optional side activity, but when necessary for gameplay, no, just no.

Last edited:
Top Bottom