Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advancement isn't slower so much as some things just aren't going to happen.
It's a bit of both. Some things are not going to happen, some advance slower than anticipated. Deus Ex 2000 (or Matrix) was closer to depicting how hacking works in the future than cyberpunk (where you basically enter another plane of being). We only just begun to test tech that visualizes "cyberspace": Project Holodeck, Project Morpheus... We are closer to some sort of cyberspace (or at least elements of cyberspace as pictured in cyberpunk), but question is: "how close far?".

We are closer to some sort of cyberspace (or at least elements of cyberspace as pictured in cyberpunk), but question is: "how close far?".

10years or so.
[X]
Ray Kurzweil said:
2023: Full-immersion virtual realities
“Computer games have pioneered virtual reality, and within ten years — but probably more like five — these will be totally convincing, full-immersion virtual realities, at least for the visual and auditory senses, and there will be some simulation of the tactile sense. To fully master the tactile sense we have to actually tap into the nervous system. That will be a scenario within 20 years. We’ll be able to send little devices, nanobots, into the brain and capillaries, and they’ll provide additional sensory signals, as if they were coming from your real senses. You could for example get together with a friend, even though you were hundreds of thousands of miles apart, and take a virtual walk on a virtual Mediterranean beach and hold their hand and feel the warm spray of the moist air in your face.”

I think the problem is that people are using the logic that the aestetics should be changed to super modern because so much time has lapsed since 2020 aka 80s retrofuristic style and maybe thats the problem from the beginning that the game takes place in 2077 and not in the 80s era of cyberpunk in 2020. Either way if people want supermodern than the protagonist of the game would be sitting at his home playing flappy bird on his iphone 82. there is a reason why the movie Blade Runner is so iconic that it even birthed the cyberpunk series it would be a MASSIVE oversight by the developers not to go in that direction and do comteporary future which is very bland and boring like mass effect. I hope CDPR makes the right decision.

Its official Cyberpunk 2077 will never come out...

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE.

And it is NOT Cyberpunky. It utterly lacks both Cy and ber.

Little less ber than Cy, though. Damn it.

I liked Ber better. He had tremendous....hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Withcher 3 delayed again. personally i have no interest in the witcher games so i feel extra shafted when this game gets delayed cause it makes the wait for cyberpunk 2077 so much longer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-delayed-again/

My face when I saw title and later read post(s).

Seriously you could be clickbait writer.

Ahahah! Yes! Someone does something vaguely punishable in MY forums! Looks like trolling thread to me!

MWahahahahaha! Hmm. What to do, what to do...suggestions anyone?

Oh, link to W3 thread:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32690-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-An-Open-Letter

it does push cyberpunk 2077 further into the future into 2018 area, dont understand the need to ridicule me.
I also dont understand why you needed to link my thread in the offopic section to this one, are you abusing your mod powers? I would say yes.

Sard Edit: Oh probably. I do those kinds of things. I could, for example, edit your statement to reflect your total love for me..or just delete it. SO MANY CHOICES. Take it to PM if you want to discuss my evil ebuses in future. Ooh. e-buses. Did I coin a word?

Last edited by a moderator:
it does push cyberpunk 2077 further into the future into 2018 area, dont understand the need to ridicule me.

Ridicule? Actually, that was evil laughter of enjoyed evillry. Because you titled your thread, "It's official Cyberpunk 2077 will never come out..."

NONE of which was accurate. All of which was inflammatory. Which makes it a troll thread. Which means I can do whatever I want to it.

Don't start troll threads. It's bad, mmmkay?

If you want to communicate your concerns about the game's possible delay, hey, we have a current thread for that! Some guy started it, has a thing for animals, you might know him...

On topic, we have no idea if this means a 2077 release delay, although that's not an unreasonable assumption. It amost certainly means a delay in news about 2077, since that was to come out post Witcher 3 release.

Ridicule? Actually, that was evil laughter of enjoyed evillry. Because you titled your thread, "It's official Cyberpunk 2077 will never come out..."

NONE of which was accurate. All of which was inflammatory. Which makes it a troll thread. Which means I can do whatever I want to it.

Don't start troll threads. It's bad, mmmkay?

If you want to communicate your concerns about the game's possible delay, hey, we have a current thread for that! Some guy started it, has a thing for animals, you might know him...

On topic, we have no idea if this means a 2077 release delay, although that's not an unreasonable assumption. It amost certainly means a delay in news about 2077, since that was to come out post Witcher 3 release.

im not trolling i am exaggerating for emphasis. ok its what the printing press do all the time. its both eye-attracting and sarcastic. get with the times.

i would also like for you to delete all this from this particular thread i dont want it polluted with all this nonsense.

So. Information about CP2077 around this time (the last quarter) of next year... earliest. And probably release a year, a year and a half later. I'll mark my pocket calendar and see how correct that is when the time comes (ok, not really, I don't even have a pocket calendar at the moment).

So. Information about CP2077 around this time (the last quarter) of next year... earliest. And probably release a year, a year and a half later. I'll mark my pocket calendar and see how correct that is when the time comes (ok, not really, I don't even have a pocket calendar at the moment).

Seems reasonable to me. I still figure 2017 release, frankly. Maaaybe late 2016. But I sincerely doubt it.

Forum veteran
So many delays. They're obviously having serious problems with W3, so I wonder if that means they'll end up stripping down their vision of 2077 to something more manageable? I wouldn't mind a W2-level 2077. The number of people who'd cry bloody murder would make it that much sweeter, too. Mmm, tears.

Between the open-world thing and wolf fur and a bunch of other design decisions, it seems like they've forgotten what people end up enjoying about games. Didn't the same thing end up happening to the Gothic series? It's like feature creep that ends in really specific amnesia. Freepnesia.

(Sorry you got banned, AF. I'm a big fan of your son's work.)

I don't really see the point when someone claims that modern (or "supermodern", whatever that means) automatically translates into "protagonist playing on his iphone and not leaving his home". We have a separate class for this. It's called a netrunner. There are also other types around, ones that involve leaving home (which is probably what most of us do when not posting here, or even when posting here). I don't find anything unique in a'la Bladerunner retro style (and no sense in assuming that game has to be done in this style to be good. Or cyberpunk-ish). Am I missing something or is this just nostalgia speaking?

Last edited:
So many delays. They're obviously having serious problems with W3, so I wonder if that means they'll end up stripping down their vision of 2077 to something more manageable? I wouldn't mind a W2-level 2077. The number of people who'd cry bloody murder would make it that much sweeter, too. Mmm, tears.

Between the open-world thing and wolf fur and a bunch of other design decisions, it seems like they've forgotten what people end up enjoying about games. Didn't the same thing end up happening to the Gothic series? It's like feature creep that ends in really specific amnesia. Freepnesia.

To be fair, CDP RED is ONLY polishing (he, he :p ) The Witcher3, so it would be fair to asume that NOT everybody in Warsaw (150 people now) is working on that, say half of the studio maybe? And we dont count the 20-50 people studio on Krakow. So CDP RED MIGHt have smthg to show regarding CP 2077 during Summer conference next year.

At any rate, a little more delay, ABSOLUTELY NO WORRIES AT ALL.
I'll be outside in my garden with my homeboys, in case anyone needs me...

Last edited:
So many delays. They're obviously having serious problems with W3, so I wonder if that means they'll end up stripping down their vision of 2077 to something more manageable?

The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are two different project, it'll probably be two totally different game (I doubt CDPR want to release the same game just pasting a new name over it), I think that if they solve some problem on TW3, it's on the oposite side, a good thing, because those problem won't be one when they'll have to deal with CP77, at least, if those problems are upon the Redengine or something.

If it's something about The Witcher 3 (like story, quest, or whatever) I doubt it'll impact much on CP77, just delaying it a lil, but anyway I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will be "perfect", it'll probably be a good game, but since it'll be their first shot at the genre, there will probably have some flaws here and here that they will fix as they'll release sequel (since they plan on making it a licence).

When you see how some games are released full of glitches and all (like the last Assassins Creed, which is almost unplayable on PC, a friend of mine had it with his last gen PC, even here, it lags to death, textures are just... Can you even call this textures? everything is shinny, it's like starring at the sun, Assassins Creed : Blank Screen, a lot of people are complaining about it, and Ubisoft don't seems to hurry themselves to fix it.), I'd say it's a good thing that they actually try to perfect their game.

But yeah, I want Cyberpunk 2077 badly :(

Last edited:
Perhaps it is just my memory...but the trailer is not that far off from many of the Japanese 'cyberpunk' shows/movies/manga (i.e.: Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed). Sure it is more modern than Bladerunner...but shouldn't it be, given when Bladerunner was made/set and well what year it is now/when the game is set?

Sure, if the goal here was a steampunk type game then it wouldn't work as well. But that's a whole different story.

If anything was bound to give them trouble, it's not the fur tech, horse riding, swimming, boats, etc. It's getting their nonlinear style quests to work in an open world. They would have had this major issue in mind right from the start, and been working on it ever since. I'm optimistic about it since the game has technically been finished for some time and they're fine tuning now.

I'm worried they might do the console parity thing. I hope they build it for PC and just scale it back for consoles but hard to say whats going to happen with this game it wont be comeing out for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom