Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4149880

sv3672;n9819381 said:
Maybe all classes will be in the game as NPCs, or in multiplayer, but the protagonist of the story is limited to one class or only a small number?

Classes are only related to the playable roles, Npc's are just what they're called, None Playable characters. It would be point less to suggest the game will have all classes if its just Npc's characters roaming about the game.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9819521 said:
The first thing I thought when I first heard about CP2077 not having classes nor custom character was: "This is bullshit, how can CDPR chose to make something that will disappoint fans?"

My thoughts as well. Sure, I expect features and things to change with the game over time of development but if they intend for the game to be something else then what they've promised, they need to inform us now before a final reveal. Even then, if they've changed the initial design to be more linear without classes, I think I'm in the same boat you are, it is bullshit if this is true. A linear open world game with a main character, those are only a dime a dozen.

There seems to be a disconnect of information as Mike Pondsmith's recent interview he states the classes are all there, but with subtlety, but also states, he thinks fans will really like it. I would think if the game was so far off course, Mike wouldn't be fueling the fire with disinformation.

It seems to me that after all of this information has come to light, the reviews and negative reception CDPR has been getting, and their response also means it can't all be fake even if some of it is. And also that Cyberpunk 2077 might be CDPR biting off more than they can chew at this point. I don't think any of the news should be pushed under the rug and I think their PR team might be sweating a bit with what's been going on, which is what exactly, no one really knows for sure.

Lisbeth_Salander told ya losing those leads was up to no good. And discarding prototypes part was really dumb from REDs side. Instead of taking time prototyping roleplaying system, developers just did nothing in the end.

But yeah, if the game moves away from VtM:B+GTA V(-ish) type of RPG to Witcher 3 with guns, no amount of cutscenes, story and shiny graphics will convince me buying this game and investing time into aswell. Damage of losing video game adaptation of Interlock is too big.
Betrayal is betrayal.

At least there's moral message in this story - don't promote your leads to run the whole studio. Especially artists and other visionaries building imaginary castles.

Last edited:
"It might be true"

"the game will BOMB"

"Betrayal is betrayal"

Yay drama.

Still no actual data.

Still haven't bought the game... or invested money in it.

Still just a videogame.

Perspective, people. This might be accurate or mostly bullshit.

Getting worked up over expectations vs reality will cause you upset. Maybe wait for reality first?

Just, you know, try not to turn the forums that we are all guests in, into an angry unhappy place. Regardless of your reasons.

Sardukhar;n9820271 said:
"Betrayal is betrayal"
Hey, that's actually was on a joke side, since true or not, that's kinda grim stuff to know.

You know what, I'm still angry about Witcher 3's butchered finale.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n9820271 said:
"It might be true"

"the game will BOMB"

"Betrayal is betrayal"

Yay drama.

Still no actual data.

Still haven't bought the game... or invested money in it.

Still just a videogame.

Perspective, people. This might be accurate or mostly bullshit.

Getting worked up over expectations vs reality will cause you upset. Maybe wait for reality first?

Just, you know, try not to turn the forums that we are all guests in, into an angry unhappy place. Regardless of your reasons.

the bare minimum of expectations for a Cyberpunk rpg is being able to pick your Role...especially after we were promised multiple Roles.

If that's true really sucks gameplay/combat alawys their biggest weakness i'm no interest in cinematic journey like witcher4:cyberpunk
game is play not watch if someone like "cinematic journey" just watch Blade Runner 2049

animalfather;n9820371 said:
we went to poland early on 2012-2013 he hasn't been there in a good 4 years now.

he's probably still hard at work on chrome 5, which is only a couple years overdue at this point :confused:

animalfather;n9820371 said:
we went to poland early on 2012-2013 he hasn't been there in a good 4 years now.

He visits Poland quite regularly, he was even at Pyrkon this year and he talked how he visited CDPR studio at march of the same year, where they show him the game. According to the Yong video, the roles supposed to be dropped back at 2016, but since Pondsmith saw the game just a few months ago and still claims that roles are in, anything is possible.

LegateLaniusThe2nd;n9819631 said:
Yea but somehow they have the resources in developing a useless multiplayer for Cyberpunk that wastes even more time and money than making a voice actor do extra lines for each different class.

If the classes are voiced by different actors, then it is not exactly a minor expense, for example, in Witcher 3 GOTY, more than 18000 of the 64000 lines in the game are said by Geralt. All those had to be recorded in 7 languages and feature movie-like facial animations. And replacing him with someone else would also involve changing many NPC lines, scenes would have to be different or cut, and so on. It is easier in a game with text only dialogues, but after their previous titles, "cinematic" quality is expected from a CDPR game.

BeastModeIron;n9819871 said:
There seems to be a disconnect of information as Mike Pondsmith's recent interview he states the classes are all there, but with subtlety, but also states, he thinks fans will really like it.

I wonder what it actually means that the classes are there, but with subtlety. It does sound like they might not be implemented the obvious way one would expect it (i.e. pick a class at the beginning and the whole game will be different accordingly), or they do not make a major difference to the game.

Shavod;n9820511 said:
He visits Poland quite regularly, he was even at Pyrkon this year and he talked how he visited CDPR studio at march of the same year, where they show him the game. According to the Yong video, the roles supposed to be dropped back at 2016, but since Pondsmith saw the game just a few months ago and still claims that roles are in, anything is possible.

This is a great argument. Mike's reports are newer than YoungYea. My hopes may be coming back. I rather see this game coming out in 2022 with classes/custom character than to see it coming out in 2019 without them.

Sardukhar;n9820271 said:
"It might be true" "the game will BOMB" "Betrayal is betrayal" Yay drama. Still no actual data. Still haven't bought the game... or invested money in it. Still just a videogame. Perspective, people. This might be accurate or mostly bullshit. Getting worked up over expectations vs reality will cause you upset. Maybe wait for reality first? Just, you know, try not to turn the forums that we are all guests in, into an angry unhappy place. Regardless of your reasons.

Clases/custom characters are the at the core of Cyberpunk 2020.

I don't care if this game is first or third person, I don't care what the size of the city is compared to Witcher 3, I don't care how "perfect" the graphics will look. These things are irrelevant since none of them have connections with the original Cyberpunk 2020 game

But having a custom character and roles/classes is the basis of Cyberpunk 2020, and CDPR hinted several times that classes will exist in the game, therefore I and the whole Cyberpunk community care a lot about classes/custom characters.

My worst nightmares:
  • All 9 classes/roles will be reduced to perk threes and each classes/roles will have 3 perks.
  • You'll either have to chose a character named Joe with a crazy sense of humor or a female one named Mary who is a badass know it all.

Tbh, roles aren't really classes per se and not 2020's *core* but they could provide a great replay value in a video game format. So they should be kept but for different reason.
Lisbeth_Salander;n9820771 said:
You'll either have to chose a character named Joe with a crazy sense of humor or a female one named Mary who is a badass know it all.
Now THAT's a horror.

this has turned into a nightmare scenario, i remember we joked about the protagonist being Ciri..that might actually happen now.

yyb0568;n9820411 said:
If that's true really sucks gameplay/combat alawys their biggest weakness i'm no interest in cinematic journey like witcher4:cyberpunk
game is play not watch if someone like "cinematic journey" just watch Blade Runner 2049

i agree. not into that at all.

Shavod;n9820511 said:

maybe the roles are for the MP and the SP has a locked protagonist.

Last edited:
I have been downvoted in /r/cyberpunkgame by simply mentioning that everybody is talking about the time rumors but not about the classes/set protagonist ones. What the hell?

animalfather;n9821881 said:
that infamous PR team..

Speculations ahead:

Considering the possibility of CDPR members (at /r/cyberpunkgame) downvoting user posts related to the Classes/set Main Character rumors, it is safe to assume that CDPR doens't want people to know about it.

Which one is more likely: CDPR not wanting people to know about the classes/set Main Character rumors because the rumors themselves are true, or because they are false?

It may be because they're false.

Considering that the rumor is true, then letting the community know about it has no harm. But considering that the rumors in question are actually FALSE, then letting the community know about it would have 2 huge negative impacts: misinformation and disappointment.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9821951 said:
Speculations ahead:

Considering the possibility of CDPR members (at /r/cyberpunkgame) downvoting user posts related to the Classes/set Main Character rumors, it is safe to assume that CDPR doens't want people to know about it.

....ahaahaHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Just, no. I mean, CDPR doesn't want people to know anything about anything about CP2077. At all. Period. So, you got that part right.

How about, "considering the possibility of angry green elves downvoting my posts, I may have offended the elven community at some point in the past with my radically pro-faerie perspective.."

C'mon, Liz. I honestly can't tell if you're trolling here or not, but I did laugh.

In the end it all comes down to the usual:

"We want to know more about the game! Not letting us know is damaging the game! Somehow! You should tell us stuff! For your own good!"

Noooope. Silencio is the rule. I don't -like- the rule, but that's the PR approach this time.

Maybe they change that but I really doubt this will be the reason why and IF IT IS, it's because CDPR felt sorry for people, not because they were...downvoting..reddit posts...heh.

I love the image of the PR guys bent over their PCs, one evil eyebrow cocked. Maybe rubbing hands together in evil glee sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom