Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Interview:

In an interview with Strefa Inwestorow, a Polish investment site, Kicinski talked about a wide variety of topics including the future of The Witcher, Gwent, and of course - Cyberpunk 2077.

“We want to experiment in new fields that were not yet explored in the Witcher. I can’t say much about Cyberpunk, although our ambitions are set really high because that is our style of work. We want to go even higher, and especially seeing how we’re having a business chat, we’re interested in Cyberpunk being commercially even more significant.”

“Online is necessary, or very recommended if you wish to achieve a long-term success. At some point, we have mentioned that there will be a certain online element related to Cyberpunk.”

“Multiplayer is strategically important, playing online is strategically important, because we want to have a commercial leg for service type games, games which generate stable income, period to period, which are built. Of course, every game ends after a number of years, some service type games function even after 10 years, but outside our main source of income, meaning big names, it’s building a stable source of income. And in the future, we can imagine a lot of connections between big games and service type games – We have to acknowledge it, it is obvious.”

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/13/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-online/

a sigh of relief its a SP game with SOME elements of MP its not a destiny style game.

with cdpr constanly hiring new staff to flash out evan more qaulity of this game, i don't see them meeting the 2019 gov't fund deadline by along shot. two years are a lot, but when you keep on "bigger, faster better" it does not seem achivable.

so i speculate that some of those hires will only be showing their talent at future expansions.

oh and the "beefy: online part is a total turn dawn, but if they will stick to their " firstly amzing sinlge playthroughs" i will be satisfoed.

Rawls;n9848191 said:
but I suspect not.
And ye suspected wrong, laddie.

In a questionable fit of unsolicited altruism, I've painstakingly restored 2000+ posts of this thread to their -- approximate -- original sequence. Theoretically, all should be put to rights. You're welcome, cyber citizens.

It was rather like a stumble down Memory Lane. Observations: People speculate rather a lot; I have never once posted an on-topic comment here (this little salvage operation probably absolves me of this crime, however); Sard is a hilarious lunatic; and
Benzenzimmern is a clever chap, who has noted just how much people delight in speculation.

Cheers.

Guest 4149880

animalfather;n9849471 said:
a sigh of relief its a SP game with SOME elements of MP its not a destiny style game

So many people fear Cp2077 having any sort of online elements which is a shame but understandable after the trash games that's been coming out, I don't blame people but I think CDPR will find their own unique way to integrate it without ruining the core single player experience. No matter how the online will end up working, I think they will get it right. They have went to such measures to get the extra money to even build the game and want to 2077 to be way more successful than Witcher 3, I hope they won't rock the boat.

I don't fear it having an on-line element, I fear an on-line element detracting significantly from the single player experience.

With a multi-player game a single person can't have much impact on the world (a guild or what-have-you maybe, but not an individual) nor can a really good story be crafted and centered around a single player because it can't possibly take into account all players.

""We reached a milestone. The engine is there, and it's working" CDPR NEW INTERVIEW

Most important moments:

"we reached a milestone, thus we are even more calm right now"

"the engine is there, and it's working"

"Right now arround 300 people work on the game. Aside of that, arround 100 people work on Gwent."

"Right now we have the biggest and the best programming talent that we ever had in our history"

"We pay the national average, and sometimes even higher salaries plus bonuses. We share the profit with our employees, on every single level. The cumulated amount of bonuses was actually higher than the cumulated actual salaries. Employee rotation is on a very rational level"

"Sometimes the level of discussion goes so low, it makes no sense to comment on that"

FULL INTERVIEW:

Q: "Puls Biznesu": How are the works on "Cyberpunk 2077" going?
A: Adam Kiciński: We just closed an important stage of production. We had a lot of equipment left in this room, including a big screen, which proves the level of production. We are happy with the results.

Q: Are there any threats to the production?
A: There have been no recent problems that could affect production. On the contrary, we have a milestone behind us

Q: Work on the game engine has been completed?
A: The engine is up and running. Of course it will be further developed. At each of our games we had to develop technology very well and this time it was the same. It must be appropriate for our needs with the specific title and the world we create and match the capabilities of the devices available on the market. Therefore, the engine needs constant updating - its modifications usually take place to a very late stage.

Q: Release date?
A: You have to wait patiently for the official announcement. We will not announce the date of this year or next - I will not answer. Commenting on the speculation market would be unfavorable for us. The most important thing is to build the most interesting players, which will translate into sales.

Q: What will be the cost of the game?
A: From the beginning we assumed that it was significantly bigger than "The Witcher 3", whose budget amounted to just over PLN 300 million. Approximately half of them were marketing expenditures, most of which were not seen as costs but reduced revenues from distributors. Direct costs of production exceeded 90 million PLN. "Cyberpunk 2077" will be more expensive, but also more ambitious and, as we believe, will have significantly greater sales potential.

Q: How many people are involved in production?
A: Over 300 people work on the game. It's more than the peak of The Witcher 3, but there will be a lot more in the future. About 100 people work on Gwent. At present we have the largest and best team of programmers in our history.

Q: Is the personnel policy of CD Projekt the same as other companies in the industry?
A: Our goal is to make the best games in the world. The competition is sharp - not only do we have an appetite for a gold medal. In this business is like in sports. The prize, apart from financial gratification, is pride. Our people, in spite of their hardship, may say that one of the best games in the world is their work. We do not know the prescription for a perfectly planned and quiet production process, which would result in an outstanding game. Multiple iterations are an integral part of this process.

Q: Has the rapid development of the company in recent years had a negative impact on the team?
A: This is an additional organizational challenge, but we have a natural continuity of team. We try to provide the best possible working conditions, because in our industry we have an employee market. We pay Polish market rates or even slightly higher, and to this large bonuses. We have a permanent profit sharing program with employees at every level. The average of the team bonuses paid in the past three years was higher than the total value of basic salaries. Rotation in the company is on a rational level.

Q: How will you respond to the allegations that the company, in the face of information that has surfaced on the Internet, has insufficiently communicated and has not calmed down the mood on the stock market?
A: We have our own style of communication and it does not fit in the concept of "hiding your head in the sand". We want to do business so as not to be ashamed. When a problem arises, we always try to talk about it. After the first video material unfavorable for us, we published an extensive commentary by Adam Badowski, the head of the studio, and Marcin Iwiński, the co-founder and member of the board. At times, however, the level of discussion goes so low that it makes no sense to comment.

Q: Star on bumps...
A: CD Projekt is the largest video game company on the GPW (Giełda Papierów Wartościowych - stock Exchange) and the undisputable leader of the main floor. Its capitalization peaked at over 12 billions PLN recently it reached 10.2 billions PLN. According to analysts, CD Projekt is a very strong candidate for WIG20 - index of the largest and most liquid companies. The creators of the three parts of the The Witcher game have long been favorites to investors and analysts, who are most interested in buying shares in the company. This week the good pass has been broken - for two days the CD project rate fell by about 20%. The sale, at times panic, triggered unofficial information from former company employees that the game "Cyberpunk 2077" is still very early in production, the authors have engine problems, and the release even in 2020 is unrealistic. There were also unfavorable comments on the working conditions in the CD Projekt. The bad news was conveyed to the YongYea youtuber, and then wrote about them. Eurogamer.pl and ppe.pl.

link: https://www.pb.pl/cyberpunk-liczy-ka...-milowe-898363

Last edited:

Last edited:
One of the milestones that should be reached before E3 2017? Take your time, guys, as long as it's closer to it's RPG roots than Fallout 4 to theirs, it's not an issue.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9851661 said:
"the engine is there, and it's working"

I wonder what that means exactly, is it the first build that runs at all and is barely functional, or did it already reach alpha stage (which is where TW3 was in early 2014) so updates and fixes are still needed, but it is mostly complete? Perhaps a milestone earlier than alpha. Also, I recall previous reports about more than 300 people working on the game, or was it only planned to hire more? In any case, to me it sounds like the release is still at least a year from now, but within 2 years.

sv3672;n9852471 said:
I wonder what that means exactly, is it the first build that runs at all and is barely functional, or did it already reach alpha stage (which is where TW3 was in early 2014) so updates and fixes are still needed, but it is mostly complete? Perhaps a milestone earlier than alpha. Also, I recall previous reports about more than 300 people working on the game, or was it only planned to hire more? In any case, to me it sounds like the release is still at least a year from now, but within 2 years.

it just works

But seriously, "working" may imply lots of things, including being in the early stages or in the late stages. There is no way to guess, specially considering that this interview is both focused on gamers and shareholders, if you catch my drift.

​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9852221 said:
My reaction when thanks to YongYea, CDPR's shares went down this last week so I bought some shares

Yeah...except on the 14th Blizzard and EA shares also dropped substantially. And rose..then dropped sharply again. Square Enix started a drop all the way until the 16th. So, no, I doubt it was YongYeas video.

Why? Maybe because EA crapped the bed and it affected all the big video game companies. Maybe part of a market shift. My eldest who is in the markets muttered something about ETFs.

I don't know why, but it wasn't just CDPR stocks that dropped by more than 10 points this week - consistent with all the big devs.

Took about 5 years to get that engine running. Now they can just focus on making the game. i definitely see a 2020 window for this game. 2020 E3 is going to be all about Cyberpunk. Man it took so long but it will be worth it for sure. i remeber back in the day when we thought the game would launch in 2016-2017 lol.

Guest 4149880

kofeiiniturpa;n9854241 said:
I could say "sounds like damage control", but it'd be mean of me (and at this point, none of us knows what's the truth).

When they say "At times, however, the level of discussion goes so low that it makes no sense to comment." Sounds like things being said are so ridiculous that its not even worth them arguing about. And even at this point, there's no concrete evidence of anything, especially some Yongyea video with no proof of the information he claims he's been given and is all hearsay. A guy that doesn't work at CDPR claims he's been given information from people that they claim, USED TO work at CDPR but somehow know the current state of the studio and what's going on. Don't buy that shit.

BeastModeIron;n9854311 said:
When they say "At times, however, the level of discussion goes so low that it makes no sense to comment." Sounds like things being said are so ridiculous that its not even worth them arguing about.

That's actually what stroke my eye the biggest. I don't know, that sounds exacrly like something one on an authoritarial position would say to diminish criticism.

He might of course be sincere, and it's even likely, but that's the sort of "personal" comment that sounds a bit too eager (and they wouldn't admit if there was some serious trouble).

We do not know anything about anything about this game, we can only guess. That much is true. I don't trust any of those Youtube pseudo e-celebs, they all sound too full of themselves, but the info we have is what we have. I'm looking at things from my own perspective - taking everything at least somewhat believable into account to what ever degree of common logic I find credible - until there's something concrete on the table. Talk is cheap.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9851661 said:
Q: How many people are involved in production? A: Over 300 people work on the game. It's more than the peak of The Witcher 3, but there will be a lot more in the future.

This part was mistranslated and Adam actually said that there will be slightly more people working on Cyberpunk, not a lot more.

2-3 years then ( and enough of a time for me to clear my backlog). Guess this was unavoidable, I'm sure this is not the end of this drama . Given how long it was in development, people are left with Glassdoors "information", and whole thing can get out of control, turning into PR nightmare.
They'll probably never repeat the same and instead switch to announcing games more near the release.

A guy that doesn't work at CDPR claims he's been given information from people that they claim, USED TO work at CDPR but somehow know the current state of the studio and what's going on. Don't buy that shit

I've seen a lot of people get fired and it was never their own fault. Really. :p

all these good announcements, like moving vehicles, and now the engine is done. could be PR speak for sure. but im going to be optimistic instead.

that milestone isn't necessarily the engine being done. that was a separate question, and he didn't say they "just finished" it, just that it's working.
so the milestone could be anything. even the engine being done :D

also, according to people on reddit the correct translation of this:
We will not announce the date of this year or next - I will not answer.
is this:
We will not announce the date this year. Next year - I can't say.

A guy that doesn't work at CDPR claims he's been given information
I mean.. that's how journalism works

from people that they claim, USED TO work at CDPR but somehow know the current state of the studio and what's going on.
most of what was said was general enough that yes, they would know. the current state of the game really wasn't the point of the video. even he pointed out that the game could be different now than what he was told.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom