Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4149880

lord_blex;n9855081 said:
that milestone isn't necessarily the engine being done. that was a separate question, and he didn't say they "just finished" it, just that it's working.
so the milestone could be anything. even the engine being done :D

I mean.. that's how journalism works

most of what was said was general enough that yes, they would know. the current state of the game really wasn't the point of the video. even he pointed out that the game could be different now than what he was told.

Regardless, its all hearsay, and no it wasn't general enough that they could know all of that, as it was pretty specific and far reaching. But hell, if its all 100% (which I doubt) then CDPR are masters at cleaning up their mess time after time.

I'll admit I'm a bit concerned about the project. Not that it won't be good, or that it won't eventually release, but rather that we might see a LOT of major features cut. From YongYea's video, it sounds like "the latest prototype" had a set player character (like Geralt), limited customization, no multiplayer, etc.

I'm really, really hoping they can stick to MOST of their promises, but we'll see.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n9855231 said:
I'll admit I'm a bit concerned about the project. Not that it won't be good, or that it won't eventually release, but rather that we might see a LOT of major features cut. From YongYea's video, it sounds like "the latest prototype" had a set player character (like Geralt), limited customization, no multiplayer, etc.

I'm really, really hoping they can stick to MOST of their promises, but we'll see.

But none of that represents what the original PnP was, it all doesn't add up. And even in Mike Pondsmith fairly recent interview only 4 months ago, he states all the classes are in the game.

BeastModeIron;n9855281 said:
But none of that represents what the original PnP was, it all doesn't add up. And even in Mike Pondsmith fairly recent interview only 4 months ago, he states all the classes are in the game.

Sweet. Good to hear. And, after all, a prototype is just a prototype. I'm not rooting against them.

animalfather;n9854021 said:
Took about 5 years to get that engine running. Now they can just focus on making the game.

They have already been making it, the engine and content can be developed in parallel, especially if it is an evolution of RED engine 3. If I recall correctly, the engine in TW3 reached a feature complete status with working open world only around 2014. But it is not clear exactly where it is now in CP2077. According to Shavod, there will be slightly more people working on the game, rather than a lot more, that would suggest it is not in an early stage.

I would not mind the fixed protagonist too much, of course it would be even better if CDPR could implement a custom character well, but if the game is "only" like The Witcher 3 just all around better, that is hardly something to be disappointed by.

Snowflakez;n9855231 said:

if the game is slated for 2020 i dont see why it couldn't have all that..unless its a design choice of having a fixed character. im hoping for multiple fixed characters like GTA5.
like a RockerBoy, NetRunner and Corporate.

animalfather;n9855481 said:
if the game is slated for 2020 i dont see why it couldn't have all that..unless its a design choice of having a fixed character. im hoping for multiple fixed characters like GTA5.
like a RockerBoy, NetRunner and Corporate.

I'd prefer one character that is very customizable, letting me choose my own class. Don't see a need for multiple protagonists. But that's just me.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9851661 said:
Q: Release date?
A: You have to wait patiently for the official announcement. We will not announce the date of this year or next - I will not answer.
He did inadvertently answer one question ... looks like a 2018 release isn't in the cards.

Suhiira;n9855711 said:
He did inadvertently answer one question ... looks like a 2018 release isn't in the cards.

once again, google translate is bad. he says no release date this year (not a surprise) and he can't say anything about next year now (not a surprise). so this doesn't tell us anything.

that said, 2018 is very close if they really "just" started ramping up development. not to mention they still have to officially release gwent, and they probably don't wanna actively market the two at the same time.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9855711 said:

Q3 of 2018 to Q3 of 2019 is the expect release date for this game as they have to follow up on Consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One or they can just make this game for future Consoles such as PS5. Q4 of 2019 to 2020 is my expect release date for PS5 and I guess Xbox Two.

Not a bad deal for players who bought PS4 Pro and Xbox One X after 2-3 years. It’s a new start for me as a Console and PC gamer.

There is this PS4 Exclusive game going to come maybe on Q3 2018 to Q2 2019 made by Kojima Production. It’s called Death Stranding and I have a feeling it will have the same quarter of release date of The Last of Us Part 2. 2018 is a Year of Playstation Exclusive as a Reminder that’s why I’m 80% accurate what am I saying right now for just basing on Consoles Time Length to evolve.

exogenesis09;n9855951 said:
Q3 of 2018 to Q3 of 2019 is the expect release date for this game

I would say, no, no it's not. When It's Done is the release date. Console tech is not going to force CDPR to early release their game.

animalfather;n9854021 said:
Took about 5 years to get that engine running.

I seriously can't believe it took them that long to make the engine work. Like, they started to focus on Cyberpunk 2077 around early 2016, so it took them 1 year and a half to make the engine? So besides concept designs, the development is in absolute early stages?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9857191 said:
I seriously can't believe it took them that long to make the engine work. Like, they started to focus on Cyberpunk 2077 around early 2016, so it took them 1 year and a half to make the engine? So besides concept designs, the development is in absolute early stages?

well if CDPR Black started work on the engine in 2012 even with a skeleton crew it would be about 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom