E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowflakez;n9984381 said:
Good lord. I did not know that. Do you happen to have a full map of the city on-hand? From what I read, sounds like it doesn't really exist.
As far as I know no official map of the entire city exists. It's left to each GM to create whatever they want outside the downtown area.

Suhiira;n9984701 said:
As far as I know no official map of the entire city exists. It's left to each GM to create whatever they want outside the downtown area.

Ah, interesting. Makes me think they probably won't be including the entire city in the game, hah. I didn't realize it was this stinking big. That central area alone could be the entire game world (although they'll undoubtedly have wastelands and other varied places) and most people wouldn't complain.

Suhiira;n9984691 said:
Interesting end eclectic collection.
For some reason I find myself surprised at the ratio of NATO vs WP weaponry. I expected more WP given Polands recent history. But then these are probably replica weapons not real ones and replica WP weaponry may not be all that common.

just eyeballing that collection, there's a couple little details that make me think that's a wall of airsoft, so blame japan for not loving the PKM/PPSH/Makarov the way we do. Not that airsoft is bad per se... but it would be better if the designers had access to factory deactivated real deal, so they could how the parts interface and move in concert. Also I don't want them thinking rifles weigh next to nothing and are prone to breaking in half when dropped... which is only true of french guns :p

Moved a bunch of OT posts to Gameplay thread. Topic is speculation on Release dates and recent news, not level based play or linearity.

So cruising the Street View of CDPR and in VR I noticed a couple things, 2 just fun and one significant. Keep in mind when I was there they buttoned everything Cyberpunk down, though.

First, these boxes: so cool! They aren't connected, they are just there for theme. Nothing happens if you, say, flip them open and press things. Sadly.

Key Points.JPG

Quite encouraging!

Attachments

• Boxes.JPG
    Boxes.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Boxes 2.JPG
    Boxes 2.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 38
Sardukhar;n9991341 said:

Quite encouraging!

That is actually very nice to see. It means those are still core tenants for the development of the game - probably. Dunno why else that poster would still be up.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n9993071 said:
Ah, great... I can't view that since I don't have an LI profile, does it say why or anything? Or does it just say he's unemployed currently?

Quoted from Profile

Start and end dates of employment from November 2013 to December 2017 (4 years, 2 months) Warsaw, province Masovian Voivodeship, Poland

"Creating visual effects for the games The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, both expansions Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, Cyberpunk 2077, and working with the programming team on new visual effects related tools and features for upgrading the in-house game engine software."

BeastModeIron;n9993161 said:
Quoted from Profile

Start and end dates of employment from November 2013 to December 2017 (4 years, 2 months) Warsaw, province Masovian Voivodeship, Poland

"Creating visual effects for the games The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, both expansions Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, Cyberpunk 2077, and working with the programming team on new visual effects related tools and features for upgrading the in-house game engine software."

Man, what a bummer. I hope he wasn't too critical, as harsh as that sounds. I care about the developers, but I also want a good game.

Snowflakez;n9993191 said:
Man, what a bummer. I hope he wasn't too critical, as harsh as that sounds. I care about the developers, but I also want a good game.
That's pretty cold Snowflakez.
I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.From the interviews I saw in 2014 he seems like a very cool dude.Not as cool as you tho Snow.
Sorry,I'll stop.Promise.

Last edited:
Mefris;n9993381 said:
I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.From the interviews I saw in 2014 he seems like a very cool dude.Not as cool as you tho Snow.
Sorry,I'll stop.Promise.

I smiled.

Looking at Teixeira profile, he seems to stick around for about 4 years per studio. That seems reasonable, especially for artists. They like to stretch themselves.

500+ people at CDPR, many of them very talented and hungry, gonna see a lot of this in the next forever years.

I know it's from reddit but damn, if CDPR moves CP2077 to 2019, I guess I'll pass. 2018-2019 is more likely to be years of System Shock and various CRPGs recently announced at least for me.

metalmaniac21;n10008991 said:

I know it's from reddit but damn, if CDPR moves CP2077 to 2019, I guess I'll pass. 2018-2019 is more likely to be years of System Shock and various CRPGs recently announced at least for me.

Who the heck is QArtyom?

Also, CDPR themselves very recently said they don't know if it's going to be 2018 or not. I'm going to take what they say over some random Twitter user with no actual sources to speak of.

It's possible, though. Thronebreaker DLC is meant to be coming out this year, but it sounds like it may be pushed back to early 2018. Not sure if one update constituesa whole "year of xyz", but we'll see.

At the very least, I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't have any Cyberpunk showing at E3 - I'm certainly not expecting a release in 2018, but at least some info or gameplay.

Last edited:
I mean the only semi-official source that can be treated as a released date only if you want is those Game INN docs that specifically state that the projects they are contracting for are supposed to run until June 2019.

That is without any extensions and that is ASSUMING that these projects are for Cyberpunk 2077.

Snowflakez;n10009021 said:
Also, CDPR themselves very recently said they don't know if it's going to be 2018 or not. I'm going to take what they say over some random Twitter user with no actual sources to speak of.

If I recall correctly, the CEO said that the release date of CP2077 will not be announced in 2017 (which should be obvious with only a couple of weeks remaining), and that he cannot tell if it would be announced in 2018 or not. Whether that is because they do not know yet, or they know but do not want to tell because it is a secret, I am unsure.

sv3672;n10009831 said:
If I recall correctly, the CEO said that the release date of CP2077 will not be announced in 2017 (which should be obvious with only a couple of weeks remaining), and that he cannot tell if it would be announced in 2018 or not. Whether that is because they do not know yet, or they know but do not want to tell because it is a secret, I am unsure.

Right, that's what I was saying. It's still up in the air, it hasn't been "confirmed by sources" from a random dude on Twitter - that was my point.

But it's interesting that you note that it could be that they genuinely don't know or don't want to share. I think that's where stuff can get lost in translation, because voice inflections/tones really do matter. He may have meant it one way, but it could mean two things.

Not to read too much into it, but just as an example, if you ask me what's in a dish we're eating at a restauraunt, I can say "I can't tell you" and it could mean either it's something gross/surprising and I don't want to tell you (or it's just a SHEECRET) or I actually can't tell you because I don't know. Text alone can't convey that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom