E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, lessee if I can recall the gist of what Iwinski and Co said.

1. They have a marketing plan for Cpunk well planned out already.

2. It will be huge and exciting.

3. We don't see it until they are happy with what they have to show us.

4. They aren't happy until what they have to show us is the game they want us to play.

So, basically, until that last point is reached - the game we are going to play is ready to show - we see nothing.

That might change or we might get very limited tidbits, but as far as I know, that's still the plan. And that means a very open-ended release date and marketing timeframe.

Sardukhar;n10010301 said:
Well, lessee if I can recall the gist of what Iwinski and Co said.

1. They have a marketing plan for Cpunk well planned out already.

2. It will be huge and exciting.

3. We don't see it until they are happy with what they have to show us.

4. They aren't happy until what they have to show us is the game they want us to play.

So, basically, until that last point is reached - the game we are going to play is ready to show - we see nothing.

That might change or we might get very limited tidbits, but as far as I know, that's still the plan. And that means a very open-ended release date and marketing timeframe.

Wonder what huge and exciting means. Maybe we'll get some pre-release merchandise? I'd be all over that.

metalmaniac21;n10008991 said:
I know it's from reddit but damn, if CDPR moves CP2077 to 2019, I guess I'll pass. 2018-2019 is more likely to be years of System Shock and various CRPGs recently announced at least for me.

That's 100% sarcasm.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10011361 said:
That's 100% sarcarsm.

My sources have told me that the game will be released in 2077. Don't ask me who. THEY'RE MY SOURCES. I must protect their identity at all costs.

Also, the development has been halted and they've had to rebuild the engine from the ground up. Also something something xyz developer has left.

Snowflakez;n10011421 said:
My sources have told me that the game will be released in 2077. Don't ask me who. THEY'RE MY SOURCES. I must protect their identity at all costs.

Also, the development has been halted and they've had to rebuild the engine from the ground up. Also something something xyz developer has left.

That's 200% sarcasm.

A true evangelist of the Meme faith."Thou shall never haveht enough memes!" I admire your commitment and devotion to the cause.
Also if ever the forums decide to add an "Off-topic" achievement of some kind I propose the last rank should be called Lisbeth Salander for no particular reason.

My only source for the release date base on how our current consoles are going to run this game. This includes PS4 & Pro and Xbox One & X. I am speculating that if they going to release this game next year or two then the graphics and frame rate must be the same and similar to Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3 on PS4.

The most confusing part was how this game going to run on our consoles where it’s x4 bigger than the Witcher 3 and had an equivalent graphics of 2016 Graphics? I would be so mad if they are not going to release it on our current Consoles and have to wait for Next-Gen Console by 2020.

My speculation for release date is by Q4 of 2018 to Q2 of 2019. “IF” they are planning it to release for consoles and by then it will be on E3 Sony aka PlayStation because they do support Singleplayer Games.

You heard it right 2019. A game on development by Kojima called Death Stranding [PS4 Exclusive] speculate to be release on 2019 by he said about the game going to release to before Tokyo Olympics 2020. That’s why there is a chance for Cyberpunk 2077 to be moved to 2019.

Meccanical;n10009281 said:
I mean the only semi-official source that can be treated as a released date only if you want is those Game INN docs that specifically state that the projects they are contracting for are supposed to run until June 2019.

That is without any extensions and that is ASSUMING that these projects are for Cyberpunk 2077.

If this is true maybe what I am saying here will make sense for us. PS4 and Xbox One can still handle games till next 2 years. I’m going to base on PlayStation here. Sony actually just stopped supporting new games on PS3 by the year of 2015 and that was 9 years on service. PS4 was release on 2013 and we are still on the end of 4 years of game service on PS4. That means we still have 3-4 years for of game services on PS4 compare what PS3 did. I started feeling that my PS4 is weak by the end of 2016 and I do not know if I should worry to buy PS4 Pro for it by then when i saw how PS3 manage to play 2015 games like MGS 5, I just ignored the fact that it’s weak and look straight for next Console.

So everything I've ever heard from CDPR really does point to this release date: when it's ready.

I know that sucks, but they are so determined about this game to be great. They are risking a LOT of money on it. Like, a lot a lot. Heavily invested not only professionally but also personally.

So although it will have ( small, forgivable) flaws, of course, you can bet that Iwinski, Badowski and Co. are trying to get you the best game they can make.

And outside of internal milestones, I'd be very surprised if they had anything like a release time in mind. They can estimate it for stockholders, but that's all it would be. If they need more time to make it better, they'll take that time. CDPR's largest stock block by far is controlled by the devs and company people, so they have the fiscal pull.

It might not be the Best Game Ever, ( although why not?!), but it will be the Best Game CDPR Can Make For You.

Even if that takes 10 years. Which it won't! Probably.

No Title

Yes we know...for the last 5 years..we know.

Attachments

• photo185911.jpg
    photo185911.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 32
Edo34;n10012561 said:
Yes we know...for the last 5 years..we know.

And yet....people keep asking. Probably because although -you- may know, Edo, not everyone in fact does know they said that.

exogenesis09;n10012081 said:
My speculation for release date is by Q4 of 2018 to Q2 of 2019.
exogenesis09;n10012081 said:
You heard it right 2019. A game on development by Kojima called Death Stranding [PS4 Exclusive] speculate to be release on 2019 by he said about the game going to release to before Tokyo Olympics 2020. That’s why there is a chance for Cyberpunk 2077 to be moved to 2019.

Do you think that CDPR is afraid of Death Stranding? I wouldn't bet that Death Stranding being a competitor to CP2077, specially since we know nothing about it. Oh, those 3 teaser trailers? We have nothing about gameplay yet.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10013101 said:
Do you think that CDPR is afraid of Death Stranding? I wouldn't bet that Death Stranding being a competitor to CP2077, specially since we know nothing about it. Oh, those 3 teaser trailers? We have nothing about gameplay yet.

The game will probably be released whenever it is done. I do not think CDPR would delay an already finished game because of a competitor or even GWENT (since it targets a different audience).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom