Have big Corporations in CP2077 already taken away internet in the United States?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have big Corporations in CP2077 already taken away internet in the United States?

It would be cool to see something like that in the game. Imagine a scene where a forum user says something right before the internet is down in US, something like: "Goodbye, to every american user here, it was fun while it lasted!"

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST HAS NO RELATION WITH REALITY NOR POLITICS. EVERY SIMILARITIES PRESENTED HERE ARE PURELY COINCIDENCE.

Last edited:
OP clearly stated the topic is related to hypothetical net rules in CP 2077 to my knowledge. Not the current rule change in the States.

I think in the dark future, the Corps would definitely limit access to data as another way to squeeze every possible penny from the masses. And the Corporate Council rules in Night City (at least theoretically). Thus I think it would be neat if there were some hacking puzzles based on cracking into parts of the net that would normally be behind a paywall. Definitely could be a cool commentary.

Rawls;n10000151 said:
I think in the dark future, the Corps would definitely limit access to data as another way to squeeze every possible penny from the masses. And the Corporate Council rules in Night City (at least theoretically). Thus I think it would be neat if there were some hacking puzzles based on cracking into parts of the net that would normally be behind a paywall. Definitely could be a cool commentary.
Good idea.
This could be a good set of starter missions for a Hacker or any other class that wants to at least learn the basics.

Yesss.

Let's walk a FINE LINE HERE. I get heat whenever we wander into RealPolitik. If I get heat, y'all get heat. Infractions, bans, etc. In case you are wondering, this forum does -not- have free speech. We have Masters and standards and later, they whip me round the yard when you guys are bad.

SOOoo... posts deleted.

KEEP IT CYBERPUNK 2077/2020 RELATED. Or infraction time, keedz. I'm aware this will be a bit of a balancing act as Cyberpunk and our world look more and more closely like each other, but hey, that's why we walk on the Edge, right?

Exploring the origins of Corporate control of the Net in 2077 would be pretty cool. Also how it changed from 2020 to 2077 - is it tighter now? More freewheeling? Are most people comfortable with constant monitoring? Are Netrunners the last free netizens?

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n10005421 said:
Yesss.

Let's walk a FINE LINE HERE. I get heat whenever we wander into RealPolitik. If I get heat, y'all get heat. Infractions, bans, etc. In case you are wondering, this forum does -not- have free speech. We have Masters and standards and later, they whip me round the yard when you guys are bad.

SOOoo... posts deleted.

KEEP IT CYBERPUNK 2077/2020 RELATED. Or infraction time, keedz. I'm aware this will be a bit of a balancing act as Cyberpunk and our world look more and more closely like each other, but hey, that's why we walk on the Edge, right?

Exploring the origins of Corporate control of the Net in 2077 would be pretty cool. Also how it changed from 2020 to 2077 - is it tighter now? More freewheeling? Are most people comfortable with constant monitoring? Are Netrunners the last free netizens?

Sorry, Sard. :( It's a sensitive subject for us Americans, so sometimes we let it into general discussions. Won't happen again, cap'n. *Salute*

To the point of the topic, though, it is an interesting subject to explore. Even without the context of the real world to pull from, 50 years of corporate control beyond when we already had significant corporate control would be really interesting to see.

Beyond just exploring that, it would be fun to see what "underground" internetz have been established, and how people have coped with it over time.

If the internet is important to us now, I can't imagine what it would be like in 2077. Man, I really want to play 2020 now... SARD GET ON IT. ONLINE CAMPAIGN NAO.

Snowflakez;n10005531 said:
Beyond just exploring that, it would be fun to see what "underground" internetz have been established, and how people have coped with it over time.

If the internet is important to us now, I can't imagine what it would be like in 2077. Man, I really want to play 2020 now... SARD GET ON IT. ONLINE CAMPAIGN NAO.

Just move to Canada and play. Simple. You -can- teleport, right?

Not sure but I can not wait to find out more about the story and the game in general! Hope everything's going ok for the dev team.

Guest 4149880

Its ok if the Mega corporations take over the Net in the real wo... *Cough* Cyberpunk world. As long as we're being entertained! As in Cyberpunk 2077 of course, I cant wait to play a netstumbler in this game. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9998741 said:
It would be cool to see something like that in the game. Imagine a scene where a forum user says something right before the internet is down in US, something like: "Goodbye, to every american user here, it was fun while it lasted!"

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST HAS NO RELATION WITH REALITY NOR POLITICS. EVERY SIMILARITIES PRESENTED HERE ARE PURELY COINCIDENCE.

It would also be cool if in Cyberpunk 2077 the US had an egomaniac orange buffoon for president. This post has no relation to real life, I'm only speaking about the game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom