Snfonseka Cyberpunk 2077 Lore Thread (Unofficial)

+
EXCELLENT VIDEO!

The "Mob War" illustrates a point I keep trying to make.
A player, no matter how skilled/equipped cannot fight the "system" and expect to win (or probably even live long).

The "mention" that security in the Corp Zone is tight is excellent. Don't expect to be able to carry your (semi portable) arsenal around. Also the comment that tourism is a major source of revenue for the Corps means the streets in some parts of the city (the Corp Zone) have to be pretty safe and violence cannot be as all pervasive as many here think.

Good points about the Mallplexs and Beavervilles too, also places you're not going to run around armed to the teeth.

Gee ... sounds like smaller/lighter concealable weapons might have some use in this game vice the "bigger is better" way most games operate.

Sard!
I want to give this vid multiple Red Points ... could you make this possible?

Last edited:
It was pretty well done..but the "Edgerunners carry around enough firepower to wipe out small gangs" made me wince hard and turn it off. Surprised that didn't trigger you, Su.

Sardukhar;n10039201 said:
It was pretty well done..but the "Edgerunners carry around enough firepower to wipe out small gangs" made me wince hard and turn it off. Surprised that didn't trigger you, Su.
Nope ... it was referring to their own turf, the edges of the Combat Zone.
I'd carry all the firepower I could too there.

Snfonseka Cyberpunk 2077 Lore Thread (Unofficial)

This is the fifth of multiple lore videos for the upcoming CD Projekt Red's game Cyberpunk 2077.In this video we discussed about Combat Zone. If you like the video please consider to give it a "thumbs up".

This is the fourth of multiple lore videos for the upcoming CD Projekt Red's game Cyberpunk 2077.In this video we discussed about Psycho Squad. If you like the video please consider to give it a "thumbs up".

This is the third of multiple lore videos for the upcoming CD Projekt Red's game Cyberpunk 2077.In second video we discussed about Cyberpsychosis. If you like the video please consider to give it a "thumbs up".

This is the second of multiple lore videos for the upcoming CD Projekt Red's game Cyberpunk 2077.In second video we discussed about Cyberwares. If you like the video please consider to give it a "thumbs up".

Last edited:
Nice vid.
Glad you mentioned the availability of cyberweaponry is based on who you know not how much cash you have.

I take it the next vid you have planned deals with Empathy/Humanity?
Should be amusing to see what happens when you release it and (some) people find out that if they don't start with a high Empathy they can't "afford" lots of cyberware.

Whoa! Great vid! I have a cyberoption I have available in my pnp game that I think CDPR would appreciate. It's called "Odintek Cyberscan." It is basically an upgrade of Image enhancement that allows the user to get a rough (Or not so rough, depending how enhanced the target is) idea of what type of augmentation the target has. It can provide a number of creative bonuses, depending on how it is used. (I liberally "borrowed" the idea from the movie adaptation of "Johnny Mnemonic" and the goggles that the "Lo-tek's" had.). The user must have teleoptics in order for the enhancement to be used at long range, though accuracy might suffer. Wadda ya think?

I've been a "bit" remiss in commenting on the vids here.

Every one is well done, taking CP2020 lore and presenting the most relevant points to the viewer; AND adding commentary not in the lore that allows the viewer to understand "why" the situation Night City finds itself in is the result of an evolution of cause and effect. Far to often games give no reason (other then 'its kewl' or 'because') and causes a player to go "but why and how?"

One of the main differences between RPGs and shooters is in RPGs players need to have some understanding of why the world is what it is and how it's likely to react to various actions the player may perform. Shooters on the other hand tend to stress "have fun figuring out, and overcoming, things and situations you had no reason to expect".

Last edited:
Top Bottom