Interview with Mike Pondsmith at Neon Dystopia

+
Yeah, that was very interesting, despite the lack of info about Cyberpunk 2077. Max Mike doesn't make many public appearances or comments in social media or otherwise, so anything about him and the company is welcome. Thanx for posting.

ND: So with 2077 on the horizon, are you guys going to be producing a Cyberpunk 2077 Roleplaying game?
Pondsmith: Ahhh, if I told you that, I’d have to kill you.

Awwww Mike, tell us something!!!

Awwww Mike, tell us something!!!

what do you want him to tell you? release dates that will never be met? hype the final product will fail to live up to? BARBIE DOLL ART!?!?!?

what do you want him to tell you? release dates that will never be met? hype the final product will fail to live up to? BARBIE DOLL ART!?!?!?

Yeah, I know the rep of R. Talsorian in those issues, but with the support of CD Projekt Red I sill have faith, yeah call me naive, that they could put a good pnp version of Cyberpunk 2077. The thing is that I don't know if they are maintaining the hypothetical announcement of a new edition of the tabletop game under wraps until CDPR makes the great announcement, or there will be not Cyberpunk 2077 pnp at all.

Yeah, I know the rep of R. Talsorian in those issues, but with the support of CD Projekt Red I sill have faith, yeah call me naive, that they could put a good pnp version of Cyberpunk 2077. The thing is that I don't know if they are maintaining the hypothetical announcement of a new edition of the tabletop game under wraps until CDPR makes the great announcement, or there will be not Cyberpunk 2077 pnp at all.

I'm pretty sure there will be one.

that's kinda my point. they'd be FOOLS not to release a new printed cyberpunk game to coincide with the 2077 launch, it makes so much branding sense ... but then i look at the fools track record track record :fish:

I don't expect him to be the one to ever announce anything big on the Cyberpunk 2077 project. That's up to others in RED to do. This was just a good read for other reasons.

I'd bet on a CP2077 PnP release at about the same time CDPR announces, or releases CP2077. Not sure if an official release date announcement or a same date as the actual PC/console game release makes more sense from a marketing perspective, and it probably depends somewhat on the contract details between CDPR and R. Tal.

zcotty;n9093700 said:
I don't expect him to be the one to ever announce anything big on the Cyberpunk 2077 project. That's up to others in RED to do. This was just a good read for other reasons.

Given that CDPR still hasn't started 2077, and that most of the people they had hired to work on 2077 were shifted to Witcher 3, and THEY left after W3 completion? I don't think we'll see the video game before the pen and paper. In fact, I'm pretty sure Mike P. is sitting on the completed book.

Top Bottom