Why people hatin' on Cyberpunk v3.0?

+
It didn't fix anything anyone actually had problems with, and broke all new things...

The majority of CP 2020 felt the same way, which was why Interlock Unlimited was written.

And Sard, it States pretty clearly that ALL the rules in IU are optional, and Initiative even lists different ways of handling it, including the original way. So... am I to assume that this means you think IU is beyond perfect now?
FUZION, as a whole system, fixed most of the stuff I had problems with; particularly spitting up Reflexes into Dexterity and Reflexes, splitting Body into Body, Constitution, and Strength, the addition of Perks, Talents, and Complications, The additions to the Lifepath (such as marriage and pregnancy), etc. The only new "issue" it created was the use of Dexterity for defense and Reflexes for attack, when it should be the other way around. I was disappointed that Cyberpunk 203X didn't include the Complications plug-in, but it's not hard to port it in.

And Sard, it States pretty clearly that ALL the rules in IU are optional, and Initiative even lists different ways of handling it, including the original way. So... am I to assume that this means you think IU is beyond perfect now?

I don't like the font. So fuck you. And your heretical fonts.

Also the name. IU sounds like some kind of contraception device.

Pbbbbl!

unfortunately this IU (D) was unable to stop maximum mike's latest cyberpunk splooge from coming to term ;)

also, judging by it's misshapen form... I'm guessing there was either some inbreeding or fetal alcohol syndrome involved.

Poor artwork / setting is not cyberpunk / I do not really care about number crunching, so the system is not really a concern.

I believe Cyberpunk V3.0 does not exist.
Anyone pretending otherwise is to be immediatly sent to the nearest reeducation camp for rehab....

So we need a new pen and paper edition of or beloved game!

Yes, I know I'm getting repetitive, but I'm dying for a PnP version of Cyberpunk 2077.

It's good to repeat it once in a while in case Maximum Mike is reading...

It's good to repeat it once in a while in case Maximum Mike is reading...

Hey. You can always ask.

I'd like one, too. Chrome 5 would also be solid. Give it a year or two more though. R.Tal is smart, they'll try to do it around 2077 hype.

Attachments

• usb-syringe-flash-drive_3_4Wm6O_1292.jpg
    usb-syringe-flash-drive_3_4Wm6O_1292.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 71
To answer your question in my humble opinion: Because "V3" was a piece of diseased camel excrement. 'Nuff said.

Sellty;n29964 said:
Hello!

So I'm an old school Cyberpunk 2020 player that only recently decided to pick up Cyberpunk again after many years and I've decided to run with the v3.0 rules because in my opinion it's Cyberpunk evolved. Killing cyberspace was brilliant, making Netrunners less god-like, the Alt-Cults give some wonderful variations, and overall I think the system is better. Not to say that 2020 isn't awesome, I still use all of the 2020 supplement books in my game, I just don't use the core rules. So yes I like v3.0 and I don't understand why everyone seems to avoid it like the plague. For example, when a new version of D&D comes out and everyone's up in arms and hates it but over a year or so they warm to it and use the new version, and a small minority stick to using the old rules. It seems the reverse in Cyberpunk, everyone is sticking with 2020 and a small minority are using v3.0. Just wondering why? Pull v3.0 apart and tell me why you don't play it. This isn't meant to be a 'v 3.0 is better than 2020' or vice versa thread, both rule sets are valid and equally epically awesome, just curious as to why other people don't play it and I wonder what your opinions are.

Personally, I understand what the TRG crew was trying to do with "V3". They tried to make a PNP game able to compete with video games. I HATE the Fuzion system and vastly prefer the original Interloc system and, to me, "V3" was a HUGE disappointment. They took a genre' I loved and stripped it of everything I came to love about it. In a word, I thought "V3" was a complete and total joke and a failure of "EPIC" proportions.

NECROMANCY MOST FOUL! Thankfully you didn't say anything good about G.I. Joe-punk, so you might escape being burnt at the steak like the last guy... might ;)

A lot of fans of Cyberpunk 2020 were just that - fans of Cyberpunk 2020. Shoulda made a whole new game instead of overhauling the old one, choomba.

Personally I didn't like CP 2030 for these reasons: It looked awful. Those dolls were bleeh. They didn't support the contents of the text. The look and feel of the layout in general didn't match the subject matter very well. This may at first seem like a minor issue, but I assue you that a poor first impression can ruin a lot for a new game. When it sits in your hand for the first time and you open it up and your initial reaction is "whoa, thats just disgusting!", that's a significant negative factor for the consumer. I was invested in the story of the meta characters and I didn't like what was done with them. The new rules system never appealed to me. The new campaign background with alt cults, destruction of history, and transhumanism themes didn't resonate with me at all. Frankly I thought a lot of it was just plain silly. Destruction of the internet AND destruction of all paper records? Saywhat? And what about people? People just forget what year it is? It falls apart immediately on inspection. Poor effort.

The thing about V3 that I couldn't fathom were some of the proposed changes to the setting, like the 'Paper plague'. Paper is a dead material, a physical virus cannot sustain itself on that sort of material. Also, virii have a nasty tendency to mutate and given how prolific humans are... NYOM NYOM NYOM! Second, just how stupid are the corps? A single electronic virus shuts them ALL down? Really? What no one, not even the CIA would have thought to have sealed backups on intranet systems that are never connected to the outside wired world?

Is that the best the setting can offer for us? Alt.cults? That's the logical progression? Really?

I didn't mind the FUZION system, as I had a couple of issues with the 2020 ruleset, namely the special abilities. So a cop that works the DMZs and gang sectors of Night City wouldn't have 'Combat Sense' as WELL as 'Authority'? Uh, no, they would, cuz whereas some people get cowed by uniforms, others see target practice. But the V3 layout, and the fact that chunks of rules seemed to have been missing, or placed in strange places, that was another detriment to me.

Top Bottom