Best adventures

+
Since I'm the Ref for our group, any game where I can instill LOTS of paranoia in my players, between themselves and the corporations / factions, and / or amongst each other. Heh.

The best session I've had was the one where our gm set out the plan for our group to sneak into Europe. The group was fairly experienced at this point, most of us had around 6 figures in the bank along with good hardware, so he wanted us to go work for some Germans, extracting a high level physicist from an American corp office in France.

His plan was to sneak us all in via some weird gyroject pod things dropped from outside the borders that were supposed to 'fire' us across from Morocco, across the shortest stretch of sea and over the border into Spain. I wrote down something on a peice of paper, folded it up and told to to wait before reading it. So, the plan unfolds and it goes badly. Border patrols pick up 2 of the others while one got away but was being chased down. He told me to make a few rolls to escape the pod and avoid capture, I told him to read the note. All it said was; "My character is English."

I then explained that I needed to give me a bill for first class tickets to Gibraltar and a week in a 5 star hotel.

He got pretty pissed at that, so he hijacked the plane and crashed it. I was so badly hurt I had to drop most of my wealth into getting stuffed into a cryo chamber and express travel to Sweden for immediate full body conversion surgery. He did let me play the bad guys for the game though and I ended up with a sweet custom FBC - because there was no way I was going to settle for an Alpha class.

Oh, and the physicist, yeah, marksman shot him during the evac rather than let him work for rivals.
(Pretty sure I mentioned I was in control of the NPCs... lol)

Last edited:
Once got a contract to break someone out of an orbital prison.
We started the "Will Kill Pest Control" company and arranged to have some of the supplies going to the prison contaminated with cockroach eggs. When the prison finally started taking bids to come up and deal with their massive cockroach problem we had to sabotage another (legitimate) pest control company that had underbid us in order to get the contract. The prison sent a shuttle down to pick up up, because of course we sure as hell weren't going to pay the cost of transportation to orbit!
Hidden inside each block of roach poison was a timer and a binary knock out gas. And any areas in the prison we weren't allowed into we just gave the guards a few blocks to place. Shortly after we returned to the shuttle for transport back to the surface our knockout gas went off ... all over the prison! And then we hijacked the shuttle, not to hard there was only an unarmed pilot and copilot aboard. Not like we were prisoners, we were the pest control people.
One of the few times a plan actually worked. Not that it was really complected or dangerous. It was rather a shame tho, our pest control company was actually making a profit.

My introductory adventure to one group.

The group was assembled and given the mission. In order to get to the mission we had to travel to Seattle. Inquiries were made about crossing the international border. We learned what was and wasn't illegal. We decided to take a train rather than fly. Tickets were bought and we traveled, getting to know each other a little.
We arrived at the station and were going through customs. My character went through customs ahead of the rest of the group.
The solo approached the customs counter and placed his bag on the belt. The bag rolls through the scanner and the tech looks puzzled. The tech pushes the bag onto the agents counter. The agent opens the bag and his eyes go wide and his face pale. The agent looks up at the solo in disbelief.
Alarms sounded and a door behind the agent is flung open and a reaction team came pouring out.
The solo grabbed his bag and shoved the agent backward.
Another member of the group picks up a lady and threw her in front of the reaction team.
The solo ducked through the crowd as it dove for cover.
The character who interfered with the reaction team leaps over the counter and runs toward the door.
The other characters in the group also break for the door.
My character dove for cover with all the other patrons in the train station.
My character was the only one not labeled as a terrorist for the rest of the game.

That thread made me think that I haven't played CP in a long, long time.

A short adventure in which characters had to move a corporate asset from place to place before a set hour. It would seem like an fast and easy endeavor, but the travel was so full of setbacks, delays and unsuspected twists that by the end of the session players were stressed. It felt like the After Hours film with cyber or like Homer's Odyssey at 2000rpm.

Also I had great fun running Tales from the Forlorn Hope back in the day.

I created one several years ago called "Six" ( Short for "Six flew over the MUCJUC.") which I wrote while I was in the Army. (They idea came to me out in the field when I was stuck inside of a 113 Armored Personnel Carrier during a snow storm and my only entertainment was my buddie's portable TV/VCR setup. We couldn't get any channels with the antenna and he only had one movie with him on tape: "One flew over the Coo Coo's Nest." Which I watched over...and over...and over again!). The basic premise was the group had 72 hours to find, apprehend/kill 6 escaped psychos on the streets of Night City . The six were a pretty weird and dangerous bunch: "Tombstone Lover" : A homicidal necrophiliac who had a Masters Degree and a penchant for attractive co-eds, "Malice": a former adult film star turned homicidal nymphomaniac, "Axeman" and "Leatherface" : Two crazed former loggers who got screwed by the timber industry going automated, "Hellfire": A former Pyrotechnics expert and fireman who became a homicidal pyromaniac and "Dr.Death": A guy just out for revenge after a former partner shafted him and cost him everything. Needless to say, without going too much into detail, a good time was had by all involved.

Last edited:
Two best adventures are of course two I took part in.

1st I played as a player. Heavily enhanced latino girl. Te whole adventure (campaign) was set in Nigeria and we had to navigate the factions of the civil war to get rich and save some people in the process. Think "Bloody Diamond: with cybernetics and shit :)

2nd is my own creation. Called Johnny Save the Queen. The group. led by titular Johnny got involved into covert operation to save Britich Monarchy. They had to navigate and make and brake alliances between Royalists, Republicans, MLA, US intelligence, Militech and crime syndicates.
I've got AARs to both, but the're both in Polish.
Gambit.jpg

Top Bottom