PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
Man... I love the way this is structured... but I really don't want to screw up that story of yours xD.... And I've never play something like that, so that's another point on my score.... I'll just "watch and listen" :)

xHUNKx;n8910380 said:
Man... I love the way this is structured... but I really don't want to screw up that story of yours xD.... And I've never play something like that, so that's another point on my score.... I'll just "watch and listen" :)
Feel free to join it, that's part of the point of this. To expose people not familiar with tabletop RPG to the basic concepts.

Hmm, I don't know ... I'm going to read the first post again and think about my character ... But just to be sure, how "mysterious" can the character be?, I mean, how much do you need to know about his/her past?... I love the mysterious / rogue characters in Cyberpunk stories, like the Laughing Man in GITS: Stand Alone Complex, so I want to create something like that

I, as GM, need a full character sheet with all the relevant details. After all I have to determine what your character knows (background wise) and if they can in fact hit the broad side of a barn or drive a tank. The character sheet is for administrative purposes and has virtually nothing to do with how you play the character or their personality.

Now ... what the other characters "need" to know ... only what they can see and hear (maybe smell if your character doesn't bathe often), and your character chooses to tell them.

If you like you can create a character and let me, the GM, create their background ... but it you do you're STUCK with what I create ... and I guarantee you won't like all of it.

Last edited:
It took longer than I thought it would, but I finally made it back! Now the question is how do I reinsert myself into the story after taking a months long hiatus...

Months for you, merely a couple days for the characters.

Unfortunately there's no way to insert your character into the campaign at the moment, so I'm afraid you'll have to sit back and Monday Morning Quarterback.

I'm down to chill. Just let me know the first available opportunity I have to do things again.

Using the standard PnP rules, with the modifications listed on the first page of this.
If you don't have access to a copy of the CP2020 rulebook I'm sure you can find it on the net.

Since I'm not a forum moderator I can't edit a year old post.

I'm REALLY REALLY interested in jumping in on this if it isn't too far in. I'm thinking a medtech. I can get something together if you'd like, but if it's too late I won't bother

BjornTheBandit;n9697661 said:
I'm REALLY REALLY interested in jumping in on this if it isn't too far in. I'm thinking a medtech. I can get something together if you'd like, but if it's too late I won't bother
Never to late, whip something up and post it here and I'll look it over.
Please note the "house rules" in the character generation post.

Kinda in the middle of a run at the moment, but I'll get you into the game as soon as it's practical ... maybe you and our Rocker (Setsuna Muramasa - a.k.a. Soldowner ) could get something going on the side. I.E. a second session within the "Game Itself" thread.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9698011 said:
Never to late, whip something up and post it here and I'll look it over.
Please note the "house rules" in the character generation post.

Kinda in the middle of a run at the moment, but I'll get you into the game as soon as it's practical ... maybe you and our Rocker (Setsuna Muramasa - a.k.a. Soldowner ) could get something going on the side. I.E. a second session within the "Game Itself" thread.

I've read the whole thread so I'm up to speed with the game so thus far. Also, I did alot of thinking about it today, and how opposed to a medtech/cop would you be? as far as appearance goes, I'm just gonna go with Albert Wesker because I'm not an artist and that's the vibe I'm after. Mirrorshades, black leather trenchcoat, etc... pretty standard fare

Last edited:
BjornTheBandit;n9702011 said:
Also, I did alot of thinking about it today, and how opposed to a medtech/cop would you be?
I'm not opposed at all.
I however suspect the other active player might be less then pleased at a cop, and I KNOW at least one of the NPC's will be.

Hahaha, should get interesting. I was thinking something of a early forced retirement because he was framed, but still holds to those ideals and is at odds with himself about having to take the work he does to survive. Learned everything he knows about medtech-ing from his old partner, who coincidentally is the one who framed him. Just gotta pump out a character sheet and I think I'm good to go. Besides, I remember reading in the 2020 source book that having pc's who don't trust each other but are stuck together whether they like it or not makes for interesting roleplay, and I agree ;)

Last edited:
Just make sure he's not to hung up on "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and recites the Boy Scout motto as a bedtime prayer.
He's working the other side of the street now ... NOBODY on this side is clean (I'd suspect a tiny percentage of cops actually are Dudley Dowright idealists).

Suhiira;n9708051 said:
Just make sure he's not to hung up on "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and recites the Boy Scout motto as a bedtime prayer.
He's working the other side of the street now ... NOBODY on this side is clean (I'd suspect a tiny percentage of cops actually are Dudley Dowright idealists).

No, He's experienced, not straight out of cadet school, so he's realistic. Which is why he considers this line of work an option, albeit grudgingly. I've been busy lately, I'll get a character sheet soon

A human slowpoke approaches Alright, let's give it a try. But first, a bunch of newb questions.
-How many career skills recommended to take?
-Good distribution between stats?
-Minimal number for stat, 3 IIRC?
-Should I bring portrait?
-Lifepath - roll literal dice or free to choose for myself?

Last edited:
Top Bottom