PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It turns out Gremlins arm isn't broken, just BADLY bruised; and Chita snags Gremlin to do a bit of work on her left knee (cyberlegs) and she's also fine. Other then Nic and Maiko no one else seems to be suffering from anything worse then relatively minor cuts and bruises. Word reaches you that Maiko will be released tomorrow morning as they want to keep her overnight for observation (concussion). Nic is the worst off with several broken and cracked ribs from the steering column, He'll be released in a day or two but isn't going to be good for much for a few days till the nanites repair his bones.

Gremlin swings by Hernando's room just before dinner. "Looks like it's decision time. Given the Yak is after Chita big time I can see why she wants, hell needs, to go Mob. What about you? Play your cards right the next couple days you'll be in."

"Look, let me honest: I have done some dangerous work before; in the streets there is always danger. But as you said before this is the big league and my chance to crawl out of the streets. Besides, I like working with both of you. About Chita and the Yakusa, well, if I wanted a safe life, I would look for a safe job".

"Well, I'd prefer to stay independent. But that doesn't mean I can't work with ya'll as long as it's understood I'm not joining the Mob. I'll talk to Mr Mob Underboss about that when we get back to Night City. If you want inside I'd talk to Chita, the Mob ain't the Yak but I'd bet she can give you some advice on how to make the right impression if you want in."

Last edited:
"And obligations you can't turn down. Why do you think Chita is so interested in cozying up to the Mob? Given her skills and cyberware she'd do really well as an independent. She needs the protection the Mob provides to keep the Yakuza at bay. You think she bought all the cyberware and training on her own at her age? Chances are she was bought, kidnapped, whatever as a kid and been in training ... at Yakuza expense ... ever since. She didn't become that exotic by choice, some Yak big wig thought it'd be cute to have a furry bodyguard. I seriously doubt she want's to be Mob, but what other choice does she have? At best she's trading a small cage for a larger one."

Last edited:
Suddenly the perspective of joining the mob wasn't so attractive... Hernando liked to pick is jobs, not having someone giving orders to him forever..
"I never thought about that. You are right, if I stay independent I can continue to work to them, if I want... and refuse any job I'm not interested. And if there is a war, I'm not forced to choose sides. Thanks for the advice. Wow, poor Chita!".

"Yeah, I feel for her too. Yer welcome kid ... Hernando. If you can come up with an alternative for her I'm sure she'd love to hear it, hell, so would I. We best go eat."

Meanwhile ...

Hiroshige stops by Setsunas' room.
(( Tho the conversation will be entirely in Japanese we'll stick to English for the sake of our audience. ))
"Muramasa-san, I just heard from the hospital, Maiko will be rejoining us tomorrow. The want to keep her overnight since she got knocked out. How are you? Any damage to your hands?"

"Thank goodness...Big Sis had me worried. Just for a bit." Setsuna is still clinging to his bear...sitting cross-legged and frowning at the whole situation. He looked at his hands and shook his head. "A little cut here and there, Hakuryu-san, but they aren't broken or anything. I can just wrap 'em up."

"We're suppose to meet the owner of a couple clubs tomorrow morning, I have some demo chips but he'll probably want to hear you play and sing, you gonna be up for it? Also without Maiko I'm a bit worried about the negotiations, your English is far better then mine, think you can handle it?"

"Always up to do my job, Hakuryu-san." Setsuna smile cutely, confident that he could never go wrong when his talent was involved. As ar as negotiations were concerned..."Uhh...sure? I'm not the best on the business front, but I'm good at convincing people to see things my way. Who could say no to this cute face, huh?"

"I don't need your cute face, I need a quick and accurate translation of what they say and what it means. Maiko is invaluable because she understands what they mean when they say something. I know you never lived here so I don't expect that, but give it your best."

(( Maybe speak to Gremlin, he apparently has a chipware socket and language chips, and he certainly understands Americans. I'd suggest Hernando but you don't know he has chip socket. ))

"You're so mean, Hakuryu-san." Then again, it was just business. "I'll figure something out. I'm not gonna blow this, Hakuryu-san."

At dinner Anita informs Hernando's crew getting in a traffic accident is NOT "combat", so other then Chita who's filling in for Nic you're not getting the bonus. Given Nic's medical condition he's being sent back to Night City and she will be fulfilling his duties for the duration of your stay in San Diego.

"We'll be getting a new van tomorrow courtesy of a rental arranged by the hotel." Anita informs everyone. "The Japanese girl, Mayko was it?, is due to be released around 10:00 and we have a meeting with a club owner scheduled for 1:00 so unless there's a significant delay we should be OK. Chita will be driving and ..."

"II will not." Says Chita. "I cannot properly perform my duties if my attention must be on driving."

"But Nic ..."

"What Nic chose to do is not my concern, your welfare is, I will not be both bodyguard and driver."

Anita looks a bit peeved to have an underling telling her what they will and won't do.

"OK, who can drive well?" Anita sort of ignores Setsuna and looks toward Gremlin and Hernando.

"Very well, thank you." Anita replies. "Any reason you can't attend the meeting with the club owner Setsuna?"

(( And after an incredibly brief ... and quiet ... meal everyone retires to their rooms. Unless someone wants to do something else? Clubbing? Burglary? Pick up a hooker? Go to church? ))

OOC: n hooker seems a good idea. But Hernando won't risk this night.

Actually I changed my mind. I'l look in the net for info about the following subjects:
-The restaurant where we made business.
-After I discovered who is the owner, all the info I can get (by legal meanings)
-How much cost a radical cosmetic surgery

Last edited:
kabukiman1973;n10404242 said:
-The restaurant where we made business.
"Little Sicily" - Not on the map, created to fit the scenario.

-After I discovered who is the owner, all the info I can get (by legal meanings)
In theory it's owned by someone named "A.L. Capone" ... yeah, right. Non-existent person who does however scrupulously pay their taxes according to records.

-How much cost a radical cosmetic surgery
REALLY varies depending on what's being done and how extensive, 500-50,000 EB.

Top Bottom