+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kabukiman1973;n10677161 said:
OOC: Can Hernando make any investigation in the net about the place or the persons they ate supposed to meet? To see if there was any problems in the place?
Nothing outrageous.
Seems there are two clubs. One downtown that's a titty bar and another at the edge of the Beaverville that's a full strip club with "extras" for a price. Presumably each would require it's own band (DJ, or whatever).

Hernando gives that info to Gremlin and Chita.
"It seems we are not going to a classy place; it's more like a gentleman's club except the people going there won't be playing bridge if you understand me. Mouse would probably love the place. Or maybe no".

Gremlin shrugs; "For a band new to the area a gig is a gig."

"One will get you ten they offer me a job." Says Chita.

(( Guess you're waiting on me, I was waiting to see if anyone else had anything to say. ))

Ya'll arrive at the downtown location, it's not very large and the "stage" for the band is TINY. The office is a broom closet so you meet at one of the tables in the main lounge. Anita makes the introductions (Mr Harvest and Mr Allen) then sort of sits back to let Setsuna and his manager (Hiroshige Hakuryu) sell themselves. Hiroshige is a overjoyed Maiko is with you as she grew up in California and speaks flawless English. Obviously being the kind of place it is the band isn't the main entertainment. Everyone listens to the demo chip and while the style of the music may not be to everyone's taste from a talent/technical perspective the band is pretty good.

The biggest problem is going to be fitting everyone on the "stage", maybe the one at the other club is larger?

Hernando waits what chita "strategist" thinks, but he be remarks anyway to Gremlin and her:
"We are supposed to be all crowded in that space? Men, I wish I had bring a girl with me!"

Setsuna thanks them for their time and tells them they'll have a proper reply soon. Aside from that, he has no more reason to check the place out right now and wants to go to the second spot on their list.

kabukiman1973;n10690201 said:
Hernando waits what chita "strategist" thinks, but he be remarks anyway to Gremlin and her:
"We are supposed to be all crowded in that space? Men, I wish I had bring a girl with me!"
Gremlin replies, "I'm sure you can rent one here."

Soldowner;n10690921 said:
Setsuna thanks them for their time and tells them they'll have a proper reply soon. Aside from that, he has no more reason to check the place out right now and wants to go to the second spot on their list.
(( I think you misunderstand, these gentlemen own and operate both clubs. So if you want to see the other one you need to talk to them. ))

kabukiman1973;n10694311 said:
"Really? That would be nice AFTER we finish the job".
Gremlin just shakes his head slowly ... "Oh to be young again."

Soldowner;n10694871 said:
((Ahh, yup, read that wrong. Setuna still wants to see the other stage.))
(( Well then, talk them into letting you. ))

"I'm really digging this venue, but it looks like it'll be a squeeze for all of us and our gear. 'S there a bigger stage we could play on? Doesn't have to be huge, just has to give us some elbow room." If not, Setsuna guessed he would be doing his thing off-stage. Taking away one member made for a bit more space, and it wouldn't impede him playing at all.

"The stage at the other club is considerably larger, but they're doing try-outs over there today so it's kind of busy and noisy."

(( Unless someone has something they want to do/say we'll continue on. ))

Mr Allen agrees to accompany you to the other club. To no great surprise it's located not to far from the USN and USMC training bases here in San Diego (the other, smaller, club was downtown). You enter and all the lights are on ... it's rather strange to see such a place actually brightly lit. The bartender seems to be restocking or doing inventory, there are bottles of various types all over the bar but the shelves behind it are half empty. There's what's undoubtedly a recording running, classic "bump & grind"; several men and women are sitting around the runway, which it 'T' shaped and has two poles, most with what are probably soft drinks in front of them. A couple are talking to each other and apparently comparing notes on datapads.
Off to one side of the bar (which is opposite the runway) is a stage. It's hardly roomy but it's big enough you could easily fit everyone and their equipment. Almost no room for you to dance/perform ... but then again in a place like this the audience isn't suppose to be looking at the band are they?

"Naisu, naisu~" Setsuna already knows that all he needs is the space, and the sound from his group. He doesn't particularly need to dance, but again, if the crowd decides they can't keep his eyes off him for some reason, he'll just improvise off stage. He's very confident in his looks. "Yeah...yeah, this is the place! What do you think, Onee-san?"

There's some talk between managers (Setsuna's and the clubs) about money and dates but an agreement is reached. The only thing not set is the duration of the contract, initially it's a week, but with the club owners option to extend it to a month.

(( The exact week I'm going to leave a bit vague because we may have a new player soon and Hernando might want to take a few days off since he's been pretty busy lately. ))

Hernando speaks to gremlin (so Anita don't hear him).
"Well, this seems a job a lot easier than the last one. How long should we stay here?"

Top Bottom