PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stepping out of the cart at the station, his left hand on the shoulder strap of his pack and his right free to reach into his leathers if he has to, Rodik begins to glance around until his eagle eyes spot the gang. Walking up to who he considers the leader of this flight he says with a grin, "Hey there Gremlin. The runner staying in his nest or are we waiting for one more?"

Last edited:
"He should be on his way here, haven't heard otherwise. You have a built-in frequency hopping encrypted radio or ya need a headset?"
Gremlin holds out a headset.

Rodik reaches out and takes the headset. "Aside from my cell, no, and thats not encrypted either. You're certainly keeping up with the precautions. Any resistance your especially worried about?"

*OOC: is this headset something that could be worn under a nylon helmet?

Last edited:
Hernando arrives at that moment.
"Hi. I made some investigations and... still don't own the place. I mean, who really owns it."

Durzo_Steelfin;n10845581 said:
*OOC: is this headset something that could be worn under a nylon helmet?
Not comfortably, but it can be. Maybe in the future have a radio built-into the helmet, wouldn't be that difficult.

Last edited:
kabukiman1973;n10845961 said:
Hernando arrives at that moment.
"Hi. I made some investigations and... still don't own the place. I mean, who really owns it."
"Gather round folks, let's hear what our cowboy found out."
As an aside to Hernado Gremlin quietly says. "Legally owned by a shill and really owned by someone we don't wanna piss off, right?"

Last edited:
To Gremlin:
"yeah, the legal owner is a Thaddeus Bell who is a Mr. nobody, but the real owner isn't traceable. In theory I could dig a bit more, but that would be too dangerous so I decide to leave it".
Then to the gang:
"I'm sorry guys, it seems this was more complicated than I thought, The legal owner is some random dude, the real owner is nowhere to be find".

Maxine lightens up a cigarette, as the guys are explaining, and she blows the strawberry flavored smoke with a model pose.
"Ok, so, we keep the damage at minimal if possible, and we try to make our move as fast as possible. I'm curious to know how long our rockergirl thinks she can keep the crowd busy and active ? I'll say we have at best half this estimated time to act before things get out of control."

Neko seems to be in thought for a while before saying, “Gremlin do you know the percentage at which they are buying and selling the cyber ware?”

"Our little street corner performance could be a plus, or a minus. If they don't hold the crowds attention when, not if, when, the bells go off the opposition is already gathered. But if they can distract them we have more time."

"Not entirely sure what ya mean by percentage kitty, you mean how much of a mark-up between what they buy used gear for and what they resell it at? Pretty standard, buy at about a quarter a what it's worth, sell for around half to three-quarters; so 1-200%."

Gremlin also runs thru basic radio procedure:
1 - Transmit only when and what's needed, radios can be intercepted and traced. Even fancy encrypted frequency hopping ones, it's just harder.
2 - Don't shout into the radio, everyone can adjust their own volume, and the point is NOT to let nearby bad guys know what you're saying to whom.
3 - Start a call with your handle, so in the middle of shit people know who's speaking.
4 - If you're speaking to someone in specific use their handle so people know who the message is for.
5 - Radios are for messages, not discussions.

Last edited:
Maxine winks as Gremlin comments about the radio use rules.
"Point two. I thought WE were the bad guys darling. Ok, Setsuna, do you need some muscle backup for your show, or can you handle it by yourslef ? You and your band I mean."

Neko rubs her chin before speaking, “Three questions for you gremlin. First is that they are selling the cyber ware as is. So bring your own tech to make sure it is working.”

”Second how long has it been in operation.”

”Third is are they selling any disportional amount of cyber ware from any one company?”

GinWashi;n10854571 said:
Neko rubs her chin before speaking, “Three questions for you gremlin. First is that they are selling the cyber ware as is. So bring your own tech to make sure it is working.”

”Second how long has it been in operation.”

”Third is are they selling any disportional amount of cyber ware from any one company?”
"Probably."
"Not sure, couple years at least."
"Nope, just whatever folks bring in far as I know."

Maxine, Rodik would you run a threat assessment of the gangs only selling cyber ware? Asks Neko as she thinks of one of night city’s 900 lb gorillas sitting up in the corporate circle.

Maxine looks up at Rodik interrogatively. She smiles back to her lover, and idly flicks the tag on her locked collar.
"Let's hope I don't fall onto some K9 oriented boostergang. Ok, I'll see what to expect around. While I'll be away, need anything else someone ?"

GinWashi;n10856191 said:
Maxine, Rodik would you run a threat assessment of the gangs only selling cyber ware? Asks Neko as she thinks of one of night city’s 900 lb gorillas sitting up in the corporate circle.

Rodik, content to let the details of the mission be explained and allow Neko to ask her seemingly disconnected questions, perks up when she turns to address him. After hearing her question he shrugs,
"I suppose I could go for a walk and see what I see. I'm not much for accessing the web, but my eyes rarely fail me. That said..." Turning to Gremlin, "when are we looking to get this operation underway, and will you 3 be able to handle yourselves while me and Max explore? Any specific gangs and locations you want scouted? It would be fairly difficult to see what these gangs peddle in unless we caught them in the act. Or if we went and asked them ourselves" Rodik finishes with a devilish grin.

((Neko must have rolled a 1 on her speak English))

Neko laughs at their replies. "Something must have been lost in the translation," she proclaims as her ears twitch with a slight blush. "If you where running a black op for Arasaka securities to gauge the strength of the gangs of Night city would you run a store that only handles cyber ware or would you run a store that buys and sells everything?" asks Neko

Syssiah;n10856501 said:
"Let's hope I don't fall onto some K9 oriented boostergang. Ok, I'll see what to expect around. While I'll be away, need anything else someone ?"
Durzo_Steelfin;n10856951 said:
"I suppose I could go for a walk and see what I see. I'm not much for accessing the web, but my eyes rarely fail me. That said..." Turning to Gremlin, "when are we looking to get this operation underway, and will you 3 be able to handle yourselves while me and Max explore? Any specific gangs and locations you want scouted? It would be fairly difficult to see what these gangs peddle in unless we caught them in the act. Or if we went and asked them ourselves"
"One a ya'all go with the band and help em select a location where they have a way out if things go south." Says Gremlin. "I'd prefer not to have one a ya staying with em, but you're the experts, so if ya think one needs to, so be it. Be better to have the band hire a couple a the locals as security, less suspicious, and the locals know who's who an what's what. Today the band can hopefully generate enough interest that when they announce just before they call it a day they'll be back tomorrow everyone tells their friends 'an most of the locals show up there tomorrow. After ya get the band situated take a cruse around the area and see if anything interesting catches yer eye. Rest of us'll be finding a place we can set up surveillance on the shop. Hope'n to spend today 'an tonight watching an' do the job tomorrow."

GinWashi;n10857041 said:
Neko laughs at their replies. "Something must have been lost in the translation," she proclaims as her ears twitch with a slight blush. "If you where running a black op for Arasaka securities to gauge the strength of the gangs of Night city would you run a store that only handles cyber ware or would you run a store that buys and sells everything?" asks Neko
"Nothing that complex going on here ... that I'm aware of."

Suhiira;n10857111 said:
"One a ya'all go with the band and help em select a location where they have a way out if things go south." Says Gremlin. "I'd prefer not to have one a ya staying with em, but you're the experts, so if ya think one needs to, so be it. Be better to have the band hire a couple a the locals as security, less suspicious, and the locals know who's who an what's what. Today the band can hopefully generate enough interest that when they announce just before they call it a day they'll be back tomorrow everyone tells their friends 'an most of the locals show up there tomorrow. After ya get the band situated take a cruse around the area and see if anything interesting catches yer eye. Rest of us'll be finding a place we can set up surveillance on the shop. Hope'n to spend today 'an tonight watching an' do the job tomorrow."

"Max, I'd suggest you help them find a place while I look around. With your figure there, at least at first, you might catch a couple eyes more than otherwise. Once they're set up we can meet up and continue looking around. That is of course if you don't need either of us to help find and set-up a good surveillance location, Gremlin. If thats the case I can help you while Maxine helps the band."

Top Bottom