PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
((yes, Maxine is scouting around, as Rodik do, but seemingly the last posts indicated nothing special was notified, so Maxine is ending her scouting, and joining Gremlin and Hernando. Except I missed something myself ?))

Suhiira;n10875791 said:
(( I was under the impression Talon and Max were going to scout the area together, this isn't the case? ))

*OOC: Yeah I think there was a misunderstanding there. Rodik took 'Helping the band find a place to play' as staying around until they are situated and then going scouting. Maxine seems to have taken it to mean that we were just taking them to a location and then to leave them to set up with Neko while we scout. Max's interpretation seems to be what Gremlin intended now that i re-read it, but Rodik both misinterpreted and is more comfortable with this current arrangement as he wants to make sure the band gets set up as they are a vital part of the operation.

"Anata wa jimoto no hitobito to sutekina asobi o suru junbi ga dekite imasu ka, Hakuryu-san? (Ready to play nice with the locals, Hakuryu-san?)" Setsuna, having always been set up given the functional simplicity of his instrument, was always down to make friends and talk big. As far as talking went, he'd like to think he was pretty good at it, anyway. "Atashi wa shinchō ni naru to yakusoku suru~ (I promise to be careful)" He said that, but he was already taking a pretty big gamble on the locals. Then again, music was a universal connector. It wouldn't be too hard to find some sympathetic muscle.

Neko gives the rodie a slight bow before turning around. Placeing one foot in front of the other, producing an alluring swagger she leaves the parking garage heading on the direction of Gremlin.

“Neko to Grimlin over.” Says neko as she activates the radio.

((Neko keeps an eye on her surroundings))

Syssiah;n10875981 said:
((yes, Maxine is scouting around, as Rodik do, but seemingly the last posts indicated nothing special was notified, so Maxine is ending her scouting, and joining Gremlin and Hernando. Except I missed something myself ?))
Durzo_Steelfin;n10876851 said:
*OOC: Yeah I think there was a misunderstanding there. Rodik took 'Helping the band find a place to play' as staying around until they are situated and then going scouting. Maxine seems to have taken it to mean that we were just taking them to a location and then to leave them to set up with Neko while we scout. Max's interpretation seems to be what Gremlin intended now that i re-read it, but Rodik both misinterpreted and is more comfortable with this current arrangement as he wants to make sure the band gets set up as they are a vital part of the operation.
(( Not a huge issue, mostly I wanted to make sure everyone is on the same sheet of music. ))

Neither Max nor Talon run across anything they'd consider out of the ordinary.
Max, of course, has every male (and several females) she passes drooling and making "offers". But for her that's "business as usual".
Talon, being somewhat less of an exhibitionist, get's folks watching him pass by, but since he's just passing by no one seems inclined to start trouble.

As Gremlin recently told Hernando, for gangers 10 AM is the "middle of the night". Things should pick up come afternoon when they drag their asses outta bed.

Soldowner;n10881041 said:
(Ready to play nice with the locals, Hakuryu-san?)" Setsuna, having always been set up given the functional simplicity of his instrument, was always down to make friends and talk big. As far as talking went, he'd like to think he was pretty good at it, anyway. "(I promise to be careful)" He said that, but he was already taking a pretty big gamble on the locals. Then again, music was a universal connector. It wouldn't be too hard to find some sympathetic muscle.
This time of day you're seeing a lot more parents, kids, and older folks going about their business then gangers. But Hakuryu and Setsuna soon locate some kids just a bit to young to be in the gangs full time and ask who controls the local area. After a bit of chatting (and slipping the kids a few EC) they get a lead on where to find the crib of the local gang leader. Arriving at the rather run-down building they see what seems to be a pair gang couple pulling a two-wheel grocery cart up to the building. Stop them and inquire or let them enter?

GinWashi;n10881461 said:
Neko gives the rodie a slight bow before turning around. Placeing one foot in front of the other, producing an alluring swagger she leaves the parking garage heading on the direction of Gremlin.
“Neko to Grimlin over.” Says neko as she activates the radio.
((Neko keeps an eye on her surroundings))
(( Not a parking garage, a parking lot. ))
"Gremlin here, whatcha need?"

GinWashi;n10884971 said:
Keying the radio Neko says, “November Papa setting up enroute to your location.”
"Damn! Someone actually knows the phonetic alphabet!"

Maxine smiles up at the proposal, because she likes been hit, even the most vulgar ways. She was like that, it was her opium.
Anyway, she arrived at the place, noticing finally Gremlin and Hernando and took time to approach them in a way to not reveal their location while in the hiding.
"Hey boys. So, what's the plan for you two now ?"

Syssiah;n10887841 said:
Maxine smiles up at the proposal, because she likes been hit, even the most vulgar ways. She was like that, it was her opium.
Anyway, she arrived at the place, noticing finally Gremlin and Hernando and took time to approach them in a way to not reveal their location while in the hiding.
"Hey boys. So, what's the plan for you two now ?"
"Sit here and watch." replies Gremlin. "Over the course of the day we'll have everyone, as individuals, go in and do a bit a' shopping an' see what they can see. Why don't you an Talon see if you can find a place you can watch the back door from. If ya need a micro-cam let me know."

Suhiira;n10887871 said:
"Sit here and watch." replies Gremlin. "Over the course of the day we'll have everyone, as individuals, go in and do a bit a' shopping an' see what they can see. Why don't you an Talon see if you can find a place you can watch the back door from. If ya need a micro-cam let me know."

Talon arrives a short time later giving his report to the trio assembled. "Hey there Gremlin. Hernando, Max. Not much going on out there right now. I hope it stays that- the less trouble those rockers have to deal with, the better. We nesting here for the day or do you have something else that needs done"

Now that Rodik isn't near the band he goes about finding a way to situate his helmet over his headset that is the least uncomfortable, making note that he'll need to make some adjustments after the mission. He leaves his goggles off for now.

Neko joins the group, "Well for shopping I could always take my pet across the street to take a look if they have a bone she can play with."

Neko then turns to Max, "Now what was this about falling into the hands of some poser Dogs, your my human pet not some dogs toy. Seems like i will need to discipline you with a licking when we get home."

Max blinked and laughed with bemusement at Neko's comment, for once surprising her, and even embarassing her a bit. Which was new, and fun in an odd way.
She muttered back, extending a hand so Gremlin could give her the micro-cam.

"Alright. We girls are going to look for the rear of the building, and see if we can install the cam. We keep you informed when needed."

With that, she turned, winked at Neko, and invited her to follow outside, to scout the other part of the building.

Neko turns to follow Max outside and stops, "Perhaps Hernando can checkout the local part of the Net and see if they have anything set up in the net.", says Neko before stepping outside after Max.

Durzo_Steelfin;n10889141 said:
"Hey there Gremlin. Hernando, Max. Not much going on out there right now. I hope it stays that- the less trouble those rockers have to deal with, the better. We nesting here for the day or do you have something else that needs done"
"That's why we came at this time a' day, it's fairly quiet, rest assured things will pick up come afternoon." Replies Gremlin.
"Hernando an' I 'll stay on this roof as a "command"/'"surveillance" post, rest a ya get to interact with the gangers once they get outta bed. For now I'd suggest scout the immediate area so you don't run down a dead-end alley later and have a few hidie holes in mind just in case. You lead a pack a pissed off gangers up here I'll shoot ya myself."
"Oh! An' figure out a way to keep an eye on the back door." With that he tosses Talon a mico-cam.

GinWashi;n10891151 said:
Neko turns to follow Max outside and stops, "Perhaps Hernando can checkout the local part of the Net and see if they have anything set up in the net.", says Neko before stepping outside after Max.
"He already did, nada, no suprise here in the Zone. Seems most folks don't want to make it easy for people that wanna spy on 'em, go figure."

"An ya'll keep in mind, while they probably can't understand what yer saying on them radios they can use 'em to track ya if ya broadcast too often."

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10891341 said:
"That's why we came at this time a' day, it's fairly quiet, rest assured things will pick up come afternoon." Replies Gremlin.
"Hernando an' I 'll stay on this roof as a "command"/'"surveillance" post, rest a ya get to interact with the gangers once they get outta bed. For now I'd suggest scout the immediate area so you don't run down a dead-end alley later and have a few hidie holes in mind just in case. You lead a pack a pissed off gangers up here I'll shoot ya myself."
"Oh! An' figure out a way to keep an eye on the back door." With that he tosses Talon a mico-cam.

Talon smirks at Gremlins comment about leading gangers back here. The techies got a nice sense of humor. Catching the mini-cam and gives it a once over. "Sure thing Gremlin. I'll leave you two here and go for a flight. You know how to contact me if you need me." Turning to leave, Rodik gives a wave over his shoulder. "I'll let you know once the cams set up."

With that Talon heads out onto the street. for a time he wanders around the area making note of the various alleys and back roads, forming a mental map of the area, as well as any balconies that exist on either the second or third floors of nearby buildings. After wandering for a time, he will make his way over to the other side of the target building and see if there are any structures he could set up in to surveil the back door.

As Neko joins her, Maxine smiles up at her. Quite a naughty smile in fact, and she flicks the kitten tag hanging at her neck.

"Feeling playfull hmm ? I like it. Do what you wish to do, baby. Just do what I tell you to, if things become dangerous, ok ?"

She'd then tour that part of the streets, building herself a mental map of the surroundings, and looks for a place to install the micro-cam, in order to get a perfect vision of the building rear entry. Once done, she says in the radio.
"Grem's, do you copy ? Cam installed, confirm the signal is good. Over."

Durzo_Steelfin;n10893781 said:
Catching the mini-cam and gives it a once over.

With that Talon heads out onto the street. for a time he wanders around the area making note of the various alleys and back roads, forming a mental map of the area, as well as any balconies that exist on either the second or third floors of nearby buildings.
Syssiah;n10894761 said:
As Neko joins her, Maxine smiles up at her. Quite a naughty smile in fact, and she flicks the kitten tag hanging at her neck.

She'd then tour that part of the streets, building herself a mental map of the surroundings, and looks for a place to install the micro-cam, in order to get a perfect vision of the building rear entry. Once done, she says in the radio.
"Grem's, do you copy ? Cam installed, confirm the signal is good. Over."
(( Looks like Gremlin is getting forgetful in his old age (he has to be mid 50's ... an "old" man by street standards) since he gave both Talon and Max micro-cams. Guess Talon can find someplace else to stick his *smirks*. ))
Streetwise or Lore: Night City rolls from Talon, Max, and Neko please. Let's see how good your mental maps are.

"Wait one ..." Gremlin responds to Max's call "Tilt it up 45 degrees and left about 30."
Assuming Max does so.
"Looks good."

"Gremlin to Talon. Why don' ya be the first shopper, don't give a damn what ya say yer lookin' for, just don't hang out in there so long they get suspicious. Couple hours we'll have Neko take a look, and Max an hour or so later. Ya see anythin' outta-tha-ordinary inside Talon let us know."

(( Hernando, how brave are you feeling? Wanna try cracking some real security and see if you can find out more about our target? This isn't going to be easy. ))

https://rolz.org/dr?room=cyberpunk
Streetwise check for Mental Mapping;

Maxine rolls 1d10 = 6

Int (7)+1d10(6)=13

Maxine did her best to follow Gremlin's instructions, orienteering the micro-cam. Once done, she walked off the spot, grabbing Neko by the arm.
"Max done here. We're going to move to a place to look like normal couple that makes out in the street. Over."

She winks at Neko, as they walks in a back alley.

Top Bottom