PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chita takes the chip and looks puzzled for a moment then says, "Oh, SCUBA 100 ... yay ... thanks I guess."

You find Mouse busy evesdropping on wireless traffic in the area, frankly you think Gremlin is right and it's a waste of time, but hey, it gives Mouse something to do.

"Whatcha need?"

""This operation is completely out of my usual line of work . But it has a certain scale I was lacking. and those two are real pros: you can see they know what they are doing."

Mouse seems to think over what you just said for a moment.
"That a nice way to say 'Do what you're told and you might learn something?'"

Last edited:
"Actually it's more like "do what you're told and you may survive with some money in your pocket". We are really expendables. If something goes wrong, chita can run away easily and nobody will get her. I don't know about gremlin but I suppose he have some tricks too. But me? I'm not able to beat a bunch of second rate boostergangs"

Mouse nods ...
"Yeah ... wonder if we're outta our league here? Them two sure seem a lot more experienced then we are."

From where she's been crouching looking over the edge of the building Chita speaks up; "And we were just as green not long ago ... well ... maybe not Gremlin ... he ran with the dinosaurs."

Apparently her hearing is pretty damn good too!

"You two know 100 times more about the net and 'puters then I ever will. It's Gremlins job to get you where you need to be to work you magic, and mine to get you there, and back, in one piece. He and I trust you to do your job, could you trust us to do ours?"

Last edited:
"i trust yours no doubt about that. And we have the element of surprise, that should count to something. The sooner we enter in action, the better".

That said ...

After Mouse goes thru the SCUBA tutorial Gremlin leads you all to a beat-up ground van parked near the arcade. He has you wait a moment as he speaks with the arcade bouncer (who's not far from where the van is parked) and slips him a little something then returns and hands each of you a duffel bag. When Mouse starts to open it Gremlin says "Not here." He then leads you to the west (harbor) end of the New Harbor Mallplex. This is the admin complex for the mall and there's little foot traffic on the outside of the building. You then climb down a service ladder to a small nook with a security door at one end and another ladder down to the water at the other. Drafty, damp, and chilly apparently even the street people apparently find this area unappealing since no one is squatting here.

"OK, dry suits for everyone since we don't wanna leave a trail of wet footprints at our destination. You'll find a waterproof bag, put everything, even stuff you don't need, in it cause we're not leaving anything here." Instructs Gremlin.

As you all struggle into the gear you finally settle the question of Mouse's gender ... male. He's pretty androgynous.

Gremlin checks everyone's gear then ropes you all together, Chita in the lead, then you, Mouse, and himself last. "Hernando and Mouse keep an eye on each other cause I'm gonna be busy monitoring those sensors Chita placed yesterday."

With that the four of you descend into the harbor. Well ... you are dry ... pretty much, there is a bit of dampness around one of your ankles however. Since this is your first time underwater make a COOL roll (10+ to succeed) not to start hyperventilating.

You have no clue if you're swimming in circles or in a straight line, you sure hope Chita has a compass or something.

Hernando takes a few fast shallow breaths as the water closes over him then the chip "speaks up" and does it's kung-fu breathing mantra ... "breathe in" ... "breath out" ... "breathe ...

He soon settles into the pattern, and ya know what, other then being dark as hell (since it is the middle of the night) it's really not that bad under water ... kinda cool actually.

Glancing back at Mouse but can barely make out his shape all of 2m behind you, but he is keeping up so you guess he's doing OK. You also realize you could swim faster then Chita is leading you, maybe she can't swim either ... or is intentionally taking it slow.

After a while you crash into Chita and she holds her fist up in front of your face mask then unties herself from you and swims off ... wait ... no one said anything about this ... what are you going to do? Mouse crashes into your legs ...

Last edited:
Chita did untie herself from you so are you going to assume she continued in the same direction ... whatever it was ... you don't have a compass.
Also, Mouse is tied to you ... so are you dragging him and presumably Gremlin along?

And silent isn't really an issue, you really can't hear a thing (well, anything useful, it's anything but quiet underwater in an active harbor).

Hernando swims along for a few meters then notices a large dark shape in the water slightly to his left and having no real clue what he's looking for he turns toward it and makes contact with what may be a cement wall covered in barnacles, algae, and seaweed.

The question now is ... left? Right? Up? Maybe down?

Hernando also notices he seems to be drifting slowly to the right ... the tide or a current?

Last edited:
(( In this case COOL ... it's more a "what do you notice" then a "what can you do" thing. So Awareness(3)+COOL(5)+1d10(5)=13 ))

Hernando recalls looking over Gremlins shoulder at the sensor data and images presumadly from the ones Chita placed last night. He remembers seeing what appeared to be the corners of the pier the warehouse is on. One corner was pretty bare, the other had a bunch of old, broken down looking loaders and fork lifts (probably being kept around for spare parts) parked on it. Trouble is He doesn't remember which corner was which.
Hernando assumes the intent is to exit the water near the broken down machinery ... but which corner is it on?

Left?
Right?
Up?
Down?
Stay put?

Top Bottom