CP2020 getting a new iteration anytime soon?

+
CP2020 getting a new iteration anytime soon?

Hey, folks. I'm not super well-versed in the Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop universe, I've mostly stuck to D&D 5E recently.

I'm having trouble finding online groups for 2020, and I figured part of that may be attributable to its age. Does anyone know if Mike is working on a new iteration, like D&D 5E (Not in terms of simplicity, necessarily, just in terms of newness)?

It has been whispered in rumor that a new edition of cyberpunks tabletop game would be released at the same time as the upcoming video game. Fact is Mike Pondsmith is a pretty good tabletop game designer with a lousy track record when it comes to meeting deadlines and promises. Most hardcore punkers chose to forget cyberpunk 3rd edition exists and hold onto 2020 as the last real cyberpunk game on the planet. There are at least 4 games recruiting on roll20 that I found.

Doomblade403xxx;n9985291 said:
It has been whispered in rumor that a new edition of cyberpunks tabletop game would be released at the same time as the upcoming video game. Fact is Mike Pondsmith is a pretty good tabletop game designer with a lousy track record when it comes to meeting deadlines and promises. Most hardcore punkers chose to forget cyberpunk 3rd edition exists and hold onto 2020 as the last real cyberpunk game on the planet. There are at least 4 games recruiting on roll20 that I found.

Hmmm...Thanks for the info, I'll take another look.

Here's hoping we get one eventually!

Regarding Cyberpunk RED from Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit:

Hi. I'm Kirin, the official RTG media guy. FYI, Cyberpunk 2020 is still in print; it never stopped in fact. If you want a copy, just drop by our store https://talsorianstore.com/ and we'll hook you up. As for Cyberpunk Red, it's basically Cyberpunk 2020 v.1.5. The rules are streamlined, there are more options for play, and much of the tech has been updated so that it's a more a reflection of current designs. Expect it this summer. As for a Cyberpunk 2077 version--we'll see.

Link to the thread:
http://​​​​​​​https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/7n4qz9/are_they_going_to_reissue_the_pen_and_paper/

I'm working on my own iteration of "cyberpunk", called ""Overload 2060", using some lore of CP2020, Cybergeneration, polish cyberpunk comic book series you've probably never heard about called "Status 7" and some of my better ideas from 20 years of gaming (better, because I also hade a lot of very bad ideas... :) ) However, because it's aimed mainly for my gaming group it will run on heavily modified DD5ed rules (please don't kill me...) When done I'll put it on Dungeon Masters Guild for everyone.

Cyberpunk 2020 is getting an update in the form of 'Cyberpunk Red'. Treat it as Cyberpunk 2020 v1.5. R. Talsorian's social media spokesperson Kirin said it was initially due release for Summer '18, now being postponed to up to Winter '18(/19).

they're missing their announced release window, I must say i find this turn of events most shocking indeed! :facepalm:

but real talk for those of you who don't know the company that well... get ready for that to be the first of many blown deadlines ;) :wisegirl:

eraser7278;n10921166 said:
but real talk for those of you who don't know the company that well... get ready for that to be the first of many blown deadlines

Perhaps they have a history of missing deadlines, but in turn they also have a history of delivering good games : )

90k;n10923512 said:
Perhaps they have a history of missing deadlines, but in turn they also have a history of delivering good games : )
I'll take a good game over a deadline any day of the week.

eraser7278;n10946171 said:
cyberpunk 2020 hit the shelves in 1990... have they released a good game since then?

Well, depends. They released a lot of great sourcebooks. That's worth a lot to me.

They should be releasing something this year. I don’t see them paying a sponsor package for gen con without having a new release.

alright, what sucker wants to bet they make their deadline? I'll take the over in a heartbeat, because i know this company :rolleyes:

Unless they find a major problem with the rules at Gen con I think it will make it for Christmas 2018

GinWashi;n10949519 said:
Cyberpunk red is on the schedule for Christmas’s 2018.
https://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/
Which rather strongly implies a major CDPR reveal of CP2077 at about the same time since both games would want to take advantage of each others press.
I'd guess a CDPR official reveal followed by an R. Tal. release with CP2077 itself releasing after.

Suhiira;n10950053 said:
Which rather strongly implies a major CDPR reveal of CP2077 at about the same time since both games would want to take advantage of each others press.
I'd guess a CDPR official reveal followed by an R. Tal. release with CP2077 itself releasing after.

Sounds about right. All signs point to the perfect storm.

90k;n10920014 said:
Cyberpunk 2020 is getting an update in the form of 'Cyberpunk Red'. Treat it as Cyberpunk 2020 v1.5. R. Talsorian's social media spokesperson Kirin said it was initially due release for Summer '18, now being postponed to up to Winter '18(/19).

Wait, wasnt they supposed to make Cyberpunk 2077 PnP alongside video game from CDPR?

Top Bottom