Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

+
Decatonkeil;n7363380 said:
we may have people making a case that they aren't accountable for the crimes that they are making because their cybernetics make them do it

Wouldn't make much sense though in the case of Psycho Squad being called in. You get cyberpsychosis by replacing too much of your flesh with metal. That's on you.

The only plausible way for responsibility, or culpability, to be removed from an individual with cybernetic augmentation would be in the case of something like the Aug Incident from Deus Ex: HR/MD.

Sunder;n7392470 said:
Wouldn't make much sense though in the case of Psycho Squad being called in. You get cyberpsychosis by replacing too much of your flesh with metal. That's on you.

The only plausible way for responsibility, or culpability, to be removed from an individual with cybernetic augmentation would be in the case of something like the Aug Incident from Deus Ex: HR/MD.

I actually think it could make some sense. I was talking more along the lines of an episode in GITS: SAC 2nd GIG about a trial. It's one thing if you replaced your body with chainsaw arms and drill penises, but what if you went cyberpsycho and commited a crime after replacing too much of your body with, I don't know, anything that is supposed to make you more effective for your job or whatever?

Decatonkeil;n7392600 said:
but what if you went cyberpsycho and commited a crime after replacing too much of your body with, I don't know, anything that is supposed to make you more effective for your job or whatever?

Unlikely. If you're employed somewhere, your employers would keep track of this sort of thing.

No one wants to see their employees going psycho on them. It hurts the public image and profit margins.

Watched the teaser back in 2013, re-watched it today and I'm still amazed by how it's still so... actual.
Will keep on waiting for news. :look:

So, i woke up from cryo-sleep but still no news {insert sad face here/exec tears.py}
decrypting...

rewatching the trailer and everything known so far tonight. Making P.K. Dick evening after ;)

Hiiii
I'm new in this forum. I'm so excited for the game too *------*
Guys, what about CD Projekt shows Cyberpunk 2077 in 2020? Tie-in with original role game. Just ('just' you know) 3 years!!

It is something which many of us here have speculated that they might do. I do consider it to be a possability as well. We shall see what happends. :)

i'll discard metal and choose nanoware or bio-ware instead, logically i think that one have much lower humanity cost. To be honest we still dont know though, what truly causes cyberpshycosis. Is it wiring that gone that it start messing your nerve cell
like panachea incident from deus ex HR
or is it just a psychological expression of someone with superiority complex toward non-cybered human.

Eissa_Cozorav;n7980940 said:
i'll discard metal and choose nanoware or bio-ware instead, logically i think that one have much lower humanity cost. To be honest we still dont know though, what truly causes cyberpshycosis. Is it wiring that gone that it start messing your nerve cell
like panachea incident from deus ex HR
or is it just a psychological expression of someone with superiority complex toward non-cybered human.

Ah...that's a good question. In Cyberpunk 2020, cyberpsychosis is a mental condition linked to another mental condition called Technoshock. Technoshock is akin to a sort of phobia, or a break from reality when the human mind can no longer keep up with the modern age. In a few short years, the world changes a lot in Cyberpunk. AIs become real, humans jack into a world spanning neuralnet, addictive replays of other people's lives becomes common, the fashion, ( fashion no less) of cutting off perfectly good parts of yourself and replacing them with machine parts goes hugely mainstream, corporations push massive reams of distraction and consumption at you at a rate vastly outpacing our real world standards, the United States Collapses, solarr system travel and tourism becomes a very real thing -

So, yeah, Technoshock is the non-clinical term for people that just...can't keep up anymore. Sometimes this is minor - they retreat into themselves or lock themselves in their rooms or refuse to use the Net or just lose focus every once in a while. Totally treatable, by the way.

Sometimes technoshock is much more severe - the victim, goaded on not only by this overwhelming -push- of newtech and mass media, hyperfashion and constant change but also by the steady dwindling of the body he or she was born with, begins to suffer psychotic breaks with reality. When this psychosis overcomes the rest of their psyche, well, not good things happen.

Cyberpsychosis is relatively uncommon and seems to more easily affect those who are less connected to those around them in the first case.

That and psyberpsychosis is the excuse CP2013 used to limit the amount of cyberware you could have ... much the same way Shadowrun uses Essence.

Is it necessarily the "best" or "reasonable" or "logical" reason for it to be in the game in the first place... not really. But in any game some things exist for the sake of game balance.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7995500 said:
That and psyberpsychosis is the excuse CP2013 used to limit the amount of cyberware you could have ... much the same way Shadowrun uses Essence.

Is it necessarily the "best" or "reasonable" or "logical" reason for it to be in the game in the first place... not really. But in any game some things exist for the sake of game balance.

Oh, I dunno. Little doubt that's part of it, but the budget for me was always a better gate - and so much harder to get around. Humanity loss is handleable in multiple methods, especially after Eurosource came out.

Whereas money, that only the GM controls and is -easily- stolen or forced out on expenses? That's a piece of cake.

Sardukhar;n8008370 said:
Whereas money, that only the GM controls and is -easily- stolen or forced out on expenses? That's a piece of cake.

True, but you and I have both seen (to) many instances where money quickly becomes a non-issue. So some other limiting factor money CAN'T buy is useful.

Suhiira;n8009720 said:
True, but you and I have both seen (to) many instances where money quickly becomes a non-issue. So some other limiting factor money CAN'T buy is useful.

Never where I'm running a game. Well, not since I was 16. If the PCs earn the money, great. And as soon as money becomes a non issue, so does Humanity loss.

Sardukhar;n8008370 said:
Oh, I dunno. Little doubt that's part of it, but the budget for me was always a better gate - and so much harder to get around. Humanity loss is handleable in multiple methods, especially after Eurosource came out.

Its worth pointing out too that there are some Shadowrun games (and now Canon in Shadowrun: HK) that imply that certain individuals can chrome up without suffering ill effects from essence loss due to being somewhere further down the sociopathic spectrum. They aren't full on asocial psychopathic and definitely not kill crazy mindless, but they aren't exactly emotionally complex people either.

In practice it's pretty hard for a PC to pull off that kind of character though, considering how emotionally charged games can get, so take that for what you will.

Top Bottom