Registration/Login FAQ

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keth

Ex-moderator
Registration/Login FAQ

As of 28.01.2014 one account is all you need to take active part in our community discussions.
A CD Projekt RED account, how we call it, gives you access to all of our message boards and websites with no need to remember separate login credentials for each one of them.

If you are reading this, there’s a chance you can’t log in to our forums and seeking help. There’s no need to panic, please take a look at the solutions below and try them out accordingly to your situation.

If your REDkit account was registered under the same email address as your The Witcher account, then you should log in with your REDkit credentials (REDkit forum login and password).

If you didn’t have a REDkit account but were a member of either The Witcher or Cyberpunk 2077 forums, then please log in with your credentials from The Witcher or Cyberpunk 2077 forums, respectively.

If you forgot your password or can’t log in for some other reason, please use the “Forgot my password” option and follow the instructions received via email.

Username_xxxx - If your name was changed to Username_xxxx, don’t worry. That just means that your previous name contained some forbidden characters or might have been taken by somebody else first. To set your nickname to a more desirable one, please go to your profile settings, then “Edit Profile” and pick the option called “Edit Username”. Please keep in mind, however, that our new forums only allow for one-time change of your display name, so consider this fact while selecting a new one.

IMPORTANT: Every member of our forums (even if your account hasn’t been renamed) is allowed to change their name only once.

Lastly, if none of the solutions suggested above worked, please send an email directly to marcin.momot@cdprojektred.com. I will do my best to assist you in solving the registration/login problem.

Last edited:

Keth

Ex-moderator
Frequently encountered issues:

Wrong registration date and amount of posts

It means you probably had at least two accounts created in our forums (TW, CP, REDkit), with different e-mail addresses. Please, log in with the other address. Registration date and amount of posts on the account shall be correct, but your nickname may have the form of username_xxx (if you used the same nick in both forums). Don’t worry! On each account, you can change your name, only once, though.

Anytime I try to save changes on my account, parent e-mail address is required

We know about this error and are still working to find a solution. For now, please enter your own e-mail address connected with this account.

I don’t see emoticon button etc. in post editor

If user didn’t have a REDkit forum account, some options are turned off in the profile as a default setting. In order to turn them on, go to Settings (top right corner), find General Settings, scroll down to Message Editor Interface and choose third option: Standard Editor – Extra formatting controls.

I can’t send Private Messages, other users cannot comment on my profile

If user didn’t have a REDkit forum account, some options are turned off in the profile as a default setting. In order to turn them on, go to Settings (top right corner), find General Settings and turn the above mentioned options on.

My achievements haven’t been calculated as they should

Some achievements need more time to be calculated in the proper way. We are trying to solve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom