• Regret spending every dollar

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No regrets. Will keep supporting in future

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Spent a little too much. Regret a bit

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
So how much have you spent on Gwent?

Not sure if this thread will last long. Just bored and curious about how much people have spent on Gwent and do you regret it (disappointed with the changes etc.) or are fine with it and will keep supporting CDPR?

I for one, have spent over $200 and it's kind of nuts when I think about fact that I've never spent this much on any game let alone a 'Beta'. But I've no regrets. I believe the full finished product will be nothing short of amazing and same goes for Thronebreaker.

Last edited:
1x 60 Keg batch initially and that's it.

I'm attempting to do Free to Play as I have absolutely no money right now; this limits me on card choice (particularly gold cards), but as I only really play SC and NR factions (I chose Scoia as my faction of choice before even downloading the game) and have milled pretty much everything else away to build up those factions.

In all honesty it's been very difficult and I lost a lot in the very beginning, but would say that I have a reasonable win/lose ratio now.

I do try and support CDPR as much as I can as I think they make amazing games; I've purchased a fair few old games from GOG and have all the Witchers etc - I just wish I had more disposable income to spend on my hobby....

Buying kegs is not a necessity to compete in Gwent. CDPR are quite generous with the rewards with the dailies and especially Season End rewards for Ranked. I've saved up 2k ores, 11k scraps, 6k meteorite and 15 kegs so far just by playing. So yeah, play ranked and do the dailies for kegs and you won't have to mill any cards.

m0bius8;n10009761 said:
So yeah, play ranked
TBH I don't think my decks are strong enough for ranked - dipped my toe and got decimated twice - the most I lost by was 117pts.
And are the daily rewards there different from standard?

You get rewards in Ranked as you rank up. You can check the rewards in the Main Menu. And it's easy to reach rank 15 as you lose a considerably lower amount of points on a lost game than you gain on a win. I suggest you check the Season End rewards as well. From dailies, I've collected 15 kegs within a week and as I'm Rank 18 - I'll get 850 scraps, 550 meteorite and 17 more kegs when the season ends.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I havent really spent a cent on Gwent... which is a bit unfair since it's now my 2nd most played videogame of all time!

Oh well, that'll eventually change when Thronebreaker comes, i promised long ago i would buy all the SP content. Need to support my favourite dev, some way.

m0bius8;n10010161 said:
You get rewards in Ranked as you rank up. You can check the rewards in the Main Menu. And it's easy to reach rank 15 as you lose a considerably lower amount of points on a lost game than you gain on a win. I suggest you check the Season End rewards as well. From dailies, I've collected 15 kegs within a week and as I'm Rank 18 - I'll get 850 scraps, 550 meteorite and 17 more kegs when the season ends.

Sounds good; going to tweak my deck a little and give it a go - cheers.

m0bius8;n10009401 said:
Regret spending every dollar
No regrets. Will keep supporting in future

That's a pretty binary choice. You should have added a few more options, like "Spent a bit too much money and partly regret it".

Anyhow, I try to look at it objectively, by comparing the time I have spent to the money invested into the game. Even if, in the most extreme case, Gwent ceases to be right now, I still have fond memories (and some frustrations) of Gwent and the time spent justifies the amount of money I've put into the game. It's a very simple equation.

It's like buying a laptop and having it break down after 3 years. Sure, if would have been nice to be able to use it for another year or two, but 3 years is still a decent lifespan (considering hardware also improves over time). The regret would probably only surface when it breaks down after a year just as the warranty has expired. But even then, you could not have known.

Believe it or not I brought 70 keg pack twice + new player pack...that's actually not a small sum of gold :rly?:

Well......Honestly I gotta say I would probably spend more, especially new 109 cards and thronebreaker are coming..however....

I donno if anyone else feel this or just me, I kinda feel guility spending on Gwent more than spending for Witcher series (which I brough all 3 games)....I mean I get that Gwent is online and the maintenance, artwork and all that cost no small money of CDPR, but I just feel like masterpiece like witcher 3 worth more money than any online card game and spending more on Gwent feels like i'm encouraging something I shouldn't. (Not saying CDPR will turn greedy or sth, but afterall companies look for profit, and if games like Gwent generates more money than games like witcher3....companies will tend to decide on develop those benefits more)

Actually around 70 Euros or so. This game is way too cheap. I have an absolutely large collection without playing that much, hardly every day. For example, i started Hearthstone when end of closed Gwent beta and the near wipe was announced (didnt want to play any longer with a wipe in mind) and i liked it. Problem is, i like to play a large variety of decks. And Hearthstone IS expensive for newbies (actually when you make dailies and spend around 100 Euros on every new expansion you get nearly all playable cards, so thats 300 a year which ist quite ok for me, but when you start with no cards its hard). And for a large cvariety of decks you need a lot of cards. So, becaus its nuts and because i can, i spend around 500 Euros on Hearthstone in a few weeks to get a large collection. Was worth it, never regretted any single euro and will also spend more money on Gwent when new cards arrive. So i think Gwent could be more expensive ;-).

Raunbjorn

CaptainGen;n10012581 said:
Actually around 70 Euros or so. This game is way too cheap. I have an absolutely large collection without playing that much, hardly every day. For example, i started Hearthstone when end of closed Gwent beta and the near wipe was announced (didnt want to play any longer with a wipe in mind) and i liked it. Problem is, i like to play a large variety of decks. And Hearthstone IS expensive for newbies (actually when you make dailies and spend around 100 Euros on every new expansion you get nearly all playable cards, so thats 300 a year which ist quite ok for me, but when you start with no cards its hard). And for a large cvariety of decks you need a lot of cards. So, becaus its nuts and because i can, i spend around 500 Euros on Hearthstone in a few weeks to get a large collection. Was worth it, never regretted any single euro and will also spend more money on Gwent when new cards arrive. So i think Gwent could be more expensive ;-).

Dude, don't go that route. The price is just fine. Actually it's a bit too steep at least for Scandinavian countries. The game is generous in other ways though.

No, its ok. But sometimes i think: if i wouldve played every single day (like i do with Herathstone on tablet, often just 20-30 minutes) i wouldve earned a full collection without spending a dime. Thats a little bit weird i think. Or just too generous? I am just concerned they do not make any money with Gwent :p. The playerbase is ok, but not soooo big and with a lot of regular players that dont even have to spend a single cent.....just dont know.

I haven't spent anything on beta, but I would surely pay for adventures like Thronebreaker.
The​​​ game should be adapted to Android phones asap, the prices reduced. More importantly change what can be bought.
Starter pack is great, make more packs : gold pack, silver pack, faction pack, premium pack... no reason to buy random kegs when you can get them so easily by playing.

Last edited:
I've been playing gwent for so many months now... compared to hundreds of hours playing, it would be kind of weird for me to regret spending money on it, even if a lot of the kegs I've bought were disappointing. For me it is more about supporting the game, than anything else.

x1Cygnus;n10010011 said:
TBH I don't think my decks are strong enough for ranked - dipped my toe and got decimated twice - the most I lost by was 117pts.
And are the daily rewards there different from standard?

As long as you capable of winning ANY games in ranked it's 100% worth it to play there. You get a ton of rewards that you wont' get anywhere else. Just check the rewards section on the main screen to see.

You don't have to win consistently to rank up. Losing in ranked at the low levels does nothing.

DRK3;n10010411 said:
I havent really spent a cent on Gwent... which is a bit unfair since it's now my 2nd most played videogame of all time!

Oh well, that'll eventually change when Thronebreaker comes, i promised long ago i would buy all the SP content. Need to support my favourite dev, some way.

I'm with you. Spent nothing on this game because I don't need to. BUT I will definitely buy throne breaker.

I've supported this game throughout the closed beta and into open beta.
it's been my top game for over a year.. so yes I have supported it all along its existence
Did I need to? No... but I wanted to..
The Red team has done an amazing job all along the way..and if my little bit of money here and there helps..I'm glad to do so

StrykerxS77x;n10013841 said:
As long as you capable of winning ANY games in ranked it's 100% worth it to play there. You get a ton of rewards that you wont' get anywhere else. Just check the rewards section on the main screen to see.

You don't have to win consistently to rank up. Losing in ranked at the low levels does nothing.

So I started with this properly in anger yesterday. Like I said I'd dipped my toe in a couple of times a long while ago, and as I went back in to the Ranked section the game decided that as I'd played (and I also presume won) enough casual games, my rank had increased by 1. Nice bonus straight away without even lifting a card. Played on/off the majority of today and won a fair few matches and got another + 1 rank as I didn't need that many points to get +1. So now rank 11.
I haven't had enough time to complete the whole daily rewards ladder yet as I have family stuff to do, but will try and complete before midnight - only 4 rounds to complete IIRC and bonuses are a lot better - got a bronze card for +1 rank that I didn't have in my collection, so that was also nice.

Cheers all for recommending this way of playing.

Top Bottom