OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

+
OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

I dont have time to do all the factions but lets start with Skellige.

But before - ALL units are AGILE!!!

NERFS
NO MORE VETERAN TAGS!!! but plenty str buffs to veteran units. Not all.

Resurrections - BIG big nerfs aka RIP Skellige rez

Freya can resurrect only Bronze soldiers. It doesnt say Skellige soldier so it can bring any soldier you have in GY (example stolen with Donar).
- You cant resurrect Shieldsmith or Armorsmith, Battlemaidens, Ships or Harpooners.

Sigrdrifa can resurrect Bronze or Silver but only clan unit
- No more locked Morkvarg back, Gremist or Draig for example or any other Silver from neutrals

Arena Champion - totally reworked - Duel Higher Enemy (buffed to 7 str)

Clan En Craite warrior nerfed to 5 str (from 6) buffs only 1 dmg ally

Uldaryk buffed to 13 (12) even bigger spy :)

Ulfhedinn 5 not 8

BUFFS
Herbalist buffed to 3 str (from 2)
Skald buffed to 8 (from 5) - Changed to Boosts all allies from Clan of your choice by 1.
Axeman buffed to 6 (5)
Light Longship 7str (5)
CB Hunter - does not str with dmg unit near, but deals 5 dmg (up to from 4)
Raging berserker 8str (6)
Skirmisher 8 str (7)
Warmonger 8str (7)
Savage Bear 9str (7) Doesn't say deploy resolves so it might kill all 1 str units before their ability is resolved.
Zerk marauder 9 str (8)
Shieldsmith 9 (7)
Flaminca 9 (8)
Pirate 11 (9)
Warrior 12 (11)

Gremst 4 (3) Spawns Rain (not Fog), Clear Skies, Roar
Draig Bon Dhu 6 (5)
Holger - his dmg upped to 6, boost by 3 remains
Svanrige 9 (7)
Lugos 9 (8)
Jutta 13 (12)

Birna 6 (3)
Ermion 10 (6)
Vabjorn 11 (10)
Hjalmar 16 (14)

Changes
Pirate Captain nerfed to 1 power from 4 but totaly changed - Play Bronze Dimun from deck
CD Shieldmaidens - play All copy from deck (no more dmg but doesnt req dmg one to play other)

KAMBI - Hemdall is 20 power spying. Destroy ALL units, clear all Boons and Hazards. Token!

Some bonus

GOLDS
- Geralt is 15
Yen Conjurer 9
Ale is 9 no armor
Villen is 10
Triss is 10
Ciri is 6
Triss Butterfly is 8
Lambert is 8
Ciri Dash 11
Geralt Yrden 6
Saskia 10

Silver
Aeromancy is Aeromancer - 4str spawn Frost Fog or A.Thunder
Operator nerfed to 5
Cleaver lost LOCK - 7 str (nerf) - Deals dmg for each card in hand. Great opener :)
Sarah and lesser demons are 11
Ocvist is 8 (might see play now)
Myrgtabrakke - 2 2 2 dmg

Dorregaray funny really - Mork for everyone - Summon any bronze silver beast or draconid.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks for the info. Having said that...

(insert a plethora of profanity)

They just add to mess with my priestesses. Now there's multiple medics for each type of units you want to rez, that sucks. And of course, they had to nerf Kambi even further, thanks CDPR.

Liked the buff to Ermion, 6 to 10 makes him really nice now. And the silver dragons buff is nice too.

Also, OP what did you mean with 'Geralt Quen'? Did you meant Geralt Igni?

so glad devs implemented and limited the unlimited res power of SK, res mechanic went out of control with every update giving SK better and better bronzes.
and why do you think ocvist with a 1 or 2 point buff may see play? remember alzur's thunder hits 9 points, unless ocvist gains armor.

Than I will continue with NR.
General:
-Crewman changed to crew, so we won't see units with more than one crewman in the future.
-Fresh Crew is no called Crewed
-Bond does not exist as a tag anymore, but Reaver Hunters still have the same ability with a text instead of a keyword
-Mulligan is called swap now

Leaders:
-Henselt can't play Support units anymore

Golds:
-Dandelion 11(9)
-Vernon Roche 3 Strength, 7 damage on deploy, at game start at a Blue Stripe Commando to the deck
-Pricilla: Deploy boost 5 random allies by 3 (does not include herself)
-Keira got Alzurs, Thunderbolt and Arachnas Venom
-Bloody Baron 9 (6 before) boosts whereever he is, but doesn't go to the top of your deck anymore

Silvers:
-Pavetta 3(7) (doesn't mention anymore that she can't shuffele herself back)
-Dethomold 4(3)
-Odrin 8 (5)
-Nenneke 10(9)
-Thaler 13(11)
-Ronvid of Small Marsh 11(10): Ressurect does now happen at the end of your turn
-Síle de Tansarville 4(7), targets silvers as well now
-Lubberkin 5: Summon a botchling
-Bothling 10: Summon a Lubberkin
-Ves 11, Swap to cards
-Trollolo 11, 9 armour

Bronze:
-Blue Stripes Scout: now targets all loyal Temerian allies and not only Bronze ones. (In my tests it doesn't target Foltest, even if he is on the board)9
-Temerian Drummer 5(7): Boost an ally by 6
-Dun Banner Light Cavalry now called Dun Banner
-Field Medic: Boost all Soldier allies by 1
-Kaedweni Siege Master 6(5): now targets any allied machine instead of only NR
-Battering Ram 6(7): Initial Damage is up to 3
-Redanian Knight: ability triggers at turn end
-Kaedweni Siege Support 7(6)
-Redanian Knight Elect: now called Aspirant 7(6) and triggers at turn end
-Reinforced Siege Tower
-Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry now called Kaedweni Cavalry (8)7
-Reinforced Trebuchet 8(7): triggers at turn end and no longer ignores armour
-Redanian Elite 8(6)
-Kaedweni Sergeant 9(8), now has 3 armour instead of 2
-Ban Ard Tutor: Targets any special card
-Tridam Infantry 10, 4 armour, no effect

Continuing with a few cards from Nilfgaard, nothing complete:

Gold:
-Cahir 1, resurrect a leader
-Vilgefortz 9(8)

Silver:
-Vanhemear 4(3)
-The Guardian: no death wish but immediantly puts 1 golem on top of the enemy deck
-Cantarella 13(11): Draw 2 cards, keep one and move the other to the bottom of the deck.

Bronze:
-Impera Enforcers: now exactly the same as the Impera Guard but with damage an enemy by 2 instead of boost self by 2
-Black Infantry Arbalest now Deithwen Arbalest 7(6): Deal 3 damage to an enemy, if it was spying deal 6 damage instead
-Infiltrator 10(9)

This leads me to the question, why were the top decks buffed?
With all the non-leader Crewman units getting better, the machines archetype definetly got a buff. And even if Henselt can't pull normal support units anymore he still can pull Siege Support and Master as they are Kaedweni. The only nerf I might see is the Battering Ram swapping one base power for one ability power, but I think that is more of a buff. And it got a new special card and a new silver unit.
At the same time the other archetypes were much worse off and didn't get so many buffs.

The same for Nilfgaard, I think I listed all cards from the Emhyr Reveal archetype, which got changed and except the Guardian it all seem to be buffs. In particular the Impera Enforcer, which was already really oppressive got a lot stronger. And Cahir resurrecting the leader instead of retriggering it, will be a +3 points in most cases now.

I wonder how this will play out. I am afraid that those 2 dominant archetypes will become even worse.

I also noticed two more changes for Skellige. Clan Brokvar Archer and Hunter are just Clan Archer and Hunter and got Tuirsearch tags. The flavour text of the Clan Hunter nonetheless still talks about Spikeroog. Really strange.

Last edited:
DRK3;n10029621 said:
And of course, they had to nerf Kambi even further, thanks CDPR.

Of course. Imo, for a Kambi deck is way harder to conceal scripting (rigging) behind the RNG sintagm. Even if it is not so easy to play it can ruin the predefined "randomness" of games. I mean in how many games they can push for hiding kambi as the last card in the deck, and arrange all the others so that the player to not be unable to extract it. My probabilities calculations shows that there are less then 0.6% chances not to get the Kambi in hand, while using a discard/draw cards deck.

I played only Kambi so far...it is too damn funny to see all my opponents running to stack more and more points, just to see them vanishing in the end ....In , say 3 months, I didn't get more than 2-3 matches against another Kambi deck, so was really no need for them to nerf it other than have full control over matches.

SK has completely lost the veteran, GS, and self-wounding archetypes. Discard took a serious blow as well, likely only fringe T2. Axemen is the only other existing archetype that remains, and Bear is being added. So we go from 5 viable archetypes to 3. Cool changes.

lakired;n10030891 said:
SK has completely lost the veteran, GS, and self-wounding archetypes. Discard took a serious blow as well, likely only fringe T2. Axemen is the only other existing archetype that remains, and Bear is being added. So we go from 5 viable archetypes to 3. Cool changes.

There are new or improved ones for all factions instead. Beast(SK), Hard Damage/Control(SK,ST), Cursed(NR), Armor(NR), Alchemy(NG) etc.. Hybrid archetypes will prevail. This is good.

Thank you for posting this. I'm really looking forward to playing the update myself but I'm a console player. The wait is killing me. ):

Last edited:
Prize Winning Cow has been adjusted to 1 and no longer has a deathwish. Found this out from playing Dorrygrey. Dorry only gives a choice of 3 cards, so you might get Mork, but chances are slim.

All the new spawn/create cards are pretty high in RNG, so I doubt they'll end up in competitive decks. Just not enough consistancy. Playing around with Aguara: True Form and Dopplers. Some times you get lucky and pull something useful. Most of the time, it's a mix of dead cards or cards that don't really have any synergy with your deck.

All those extra shieldmaidens that will be appearing in our collections might be giving full scrap since they no longer deal damage. Essentially they've become SK's version of arachas.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10030511 said:
Continuing with a few cards from Nilfgaard, nothing complete:

Gold:
-Cahir 1, resurrect a leader
-Vilgefortz 9(8)

Silver:
-Vanhemear 4(3)
-The Guardian: no death wish but immediantly puts 1 golem on top of the enemy deck
-Cantarella 13(11): Draw 2 cards, keep one and move the other to the bottom of the deck.

Bronze:
-Impera Enforcers: now exactly the same as the Impera Guard but with damage an enemy by 2 instead of boost self by 2
-Black Infantry Arbalest now Deithwen Arbalest 7(6): Deal 3 damage to an enemy, if it was spying deal 6 damage instead
-Infiltrator 10(9)

This leads me to the question, why were the top decks buffed?
With all the non-leader Crewman units getting better, the machines archetype definetly got a buff. And even if Henselt can't pull normal support units anymore he still can pull Siege Support and Master as they are Kaedweni. The only nerf I might see is the Battering Ram swapping one base power for one ability power, but I think that is more of a buff. And it got a new special card and a new silver unit.
At the same time the other archetypes were much worse off and didn't get so many buffs.

The same for Nilfgaard, I think I listed all cards from the Emhyr Reveal archetype, which got changed and except the Guardian it all seem to be buffs. In particular the Impera Enforcer, which was already really oppressive got a lot stronger. And Cahir resurrecting the leader instead of retriggering it, will be a +3 points in most cases now.

I wonder how this will play out. I am afraid that those 2 dominant archetypes will become even worse.

I also noticed two more changes for Skellige. Clan Brokvar Archer and Hunter are just Clan Archer and Hunter and got Tuirsearch tags. The flavour text of the Clan Hunter nonetheless still talks about Spikeroog. Really strange.

I can't get why they changed Arbalesters to work with spies. They had an intresting sinergy with slave Hunters for a potential soldier deck and it's not like spies are going to use that much.

altaybek;n10031281 said:
There are new or improved ones for all factions instead. Beast(SK), Hard Damage/Control(SK,ST), Cursed(NR), Armor(NR), Alchemy(NG) etc.. Hybrid archetypes will prevail. This is good.

So they gained literally ONE archetype, and are LOSING 3, and receiving hard nerfs to their other 2. How can you possible say that is good? New archetypes are fantastic, but it's completely senseless for them to arbitrarily gut existing ones.

lakired;n10031841 said:
So they gained literally ONE archetype, and are LOSING 3, and receiving hard nerfs to their other 2. How can you possible say that is good? New archetypes are fantastic, but it's completely senseless for them to arbitrarily gut existing ones.

CDPR forcing us to combine two or more archetypes and this is a good thing. It may be challenging for those Discard SK, Spygaard netdeckers but that's the point.

The veteran archetype wasn't removed, but buffed. The Turisearch Veteran now strengthens all Tuirsearch units by 1 and there are 3 new ones of them

Some changes are realy strange.
That hatori is still a strength 3 unit and ita is now 4, that Harald is now a 16 power swing but Dagon lose his frost and that Franchesca is still the same like before,
the total destruction of Foglets (what i realy hope is just a bug but still without bug its weak), the wyvern changes,
why make this card a easy to use card you ahd to think how you construct it before now its just another dmg card.

i realy like the new Cards ( i think its favours some factions to mutch and other not enough but its just my opinion) but many changes to older cards look like "we have to make all easier and less different".

I think it makes sense to remove frost from Dagoon, as frost should be Eredins domain. So he can developp his own archetype independently an can be buffed accordingly, without the fear that he might replace Eredin.

I also dislike that a lot of cards were too much simplified the amount of cards that just are damage/boost + body for exactly 11 power is too high.

Top Bottom