Create (Spawn) Mechanic Discussions

+
Create (Spawn) Mechanic Discussions

After playing the PTR for only a few hours today, I feel like the SPAWN/CREATE cards have some bad synergies with many cards in gwent. For example, spawning a cursed unit and having a botchling as an option to choose from feels fairly pointless. The RNG of spawn/create cards is higher then I hoped it would be. What are you first impressions on the Create/spawn feature in the PTR? I need to play MANY more hours in the PTR and see if the RNG feels a bit too high for all the factions or just for specific ones. At first glance it's hard to see it being very competitive.

Last edited:
The new awesomething PTR Gwent: Let's gamble gwent. Alea iacta est. You are forced to have fun.

I think Create should be 4 different cards to choose from. The risk of RNG is too much otherwise.

Makhil;n10032381 said:
the 3 random cards are selected from your deck ? from your faction ?
If card states so yes, otherwise no.

Guys spawn is there as long as many removal / dmg spells in this expansion for new game mode. It will be draft mode for sure. You will highly pick those cards

For the currently available game modes I'll likely avoid cards with a Create ability. From what I've experienced so far in PTR, it's too risky for me. Some cards are pretty conditional and it seems possible to get three bad choices in a certain situation. And even if it were four choices, I wouldn't want to take that risk.

I'm not against these cards in general. Just because I dislike certain types of cards, doesn't mean that they shouldn't exist. I'm not forced to play these cards.
Besides, maybe Create will be fun in different game modes. We'll see.

However, I don't like it when Create leads to cards from other factions. For me it hurts the immersion a bit.

CDPR already explained in their stream that most create cards are meant for the upcoming game mode. That doesn't mean you can't use them in the normal game mode, but it does mean the overall synergy might be less. Still, I am sure some RNG decks will emerge, if only to stave off the stale meta. It should at least be a fun alternative in casual play.

EDIT: PS. updated the title of the topic to better reflect its content.

Last edited:
After a few tries with various "create" cards, I must say it's quite effective. I haven't been able to get anything from those cards up until now (even the new - and awesome ! - nilfgaard leader allow for some pretty darn good moves).

devivre;n10032851 said:
However, I don't like it when Create leads to cards from other factions.

Unless stated otherwise, the default behaviour of Create is to pick cards from your faction's pool and the neutral's.

I tested a few of these "create-spawn" cards and i did not like them. Why would anyone prefer a deck with cards that may help you, over a well-built deck?
So no, I am not interested in this kind of cards.
I am also disappointed from some changes regarding the old cards. They removed some unique mechanics and gave to these cards a buff/damage ability making them boring and generic. One example is the field medic.

Theodrik;n10034621 said:
Unless stated otherwise, the default behaviour of Create is to pick cards from your faction's pool and the neutral's.

And I never said that all create cards act like that. I simply don't like if they do (for example the new NG leader).

Top Bottom