Nilfgaard Spies is Still too Powerful

+
Nilfgaard Spies is Still too Powerful

So Nilf-spies was extremely broken for the whole time and CDPR buff them even more? Is it a joke or guys don't know what they are making?

Yeah i have to say i feel like i'm the only one playing the new patch, pretty much my every opponent plays the same old netdecks, mostly NG spies, probably streamers aren't out with the new decks yet.

Also I don't think that NG spies were overpowered (I usually went 2-0 on them before the patch, or at least stalled second round), the buff for Impera Enforcers is disgusting.

they were not op before so sure as hell are not op now. give it a few days and the whole archetype will be yrdened to history.
nr machines and sk will be the new(old) meta.

Updated the title of the topic to better reflect its content.

Anyhow, aren't we a bit quick to complain about this while the meta hasn't even had time to settle?

slow_cheeetah;n10051301 said:
Yeaa, we're for sure too quick to complain. Would be even better when we don't complain AT ALL!!

Instead of complaining (or raging), how about giving constructive feedback that can actually be used by CDPR because just saying "X is too OP, please nerf" isn't really helping anyone. Furthermore, if you start complaining about something that might not even become an issue, then there would be no end in sight. Better to focus on things that are a problem now (and can be fixed). Also, it's funny to see that already three threads have popped up, each saying a different faction is too strong. Now if they are apparently all strong, then it isn't really a problem. It seems that player are just annoyed and want to vent their frustration.

4RM3D Ok, you convinced me, people are just frustrated because of no reason, thanks. There are tons of threads with feedback after update. And no one even believe CDPR are going to read it.
Let players complain, they have right to do it. Players buy a lot of kegs for real money at this point of game development. So after such a crappy update devs should peacefully listen to all of the complains and raging too.

I disliked the Impera Enforcers before the patch too, because they felt slightly too strong for me and most of all far too oppresive, because against them hardly any key unit stays on the board.
What got worse now in my opinion is that it is even harder to counter them. Before they had to be on the board as early as possible to get their max value, but now they can be kept in the hand until the point the player wants to use them and then deal instantly a lot of damage. With the standard Emhyr Spy deck it is easily possible to get at least 5 spies on the board in 2 rounds, probably even 7 or 8 thus that they deal instantly so much damage that they can remove nearly everything. And while Impera Guard can be scorched, resetted and other things, there isn't anything that can be done against their damage.
The only way to counter it for the enemy is to remove the spies, which isn't possible for most factions. With the removal of old Field Medics the only deck which can do that effiently is Consume and maybe Bloodcurling Roar for Skellige.

To sum it up, due to the new Impera Enforcers the deck has a great round finisher, which can't be interrupted in any way and at the same time is able to interrupt any other setup requirering archetype.

So far I have only played one game against them, but I am not looking forward to more encounters.

FG15-ISH7EG;n10051901 said:
What got worse now in my opinion is that it is even harder to counter them. Before they had to be on the board as early as possible to get their max value, but now they can be kept in the hand until the point the player wants to use them and then deal instantly a lot of damage

This is true. Enforcers were strong and good as they were. I have no idea why they thought a change would be a good thing. I mean, not only they are stronger now, but also they make the deck easier to play. Before you actually had more setup to do and removing it was easier for the opponent. On the other hand I still stand by my first assessment. It is a pointless and unnecessary change(boost) to an archetype that is on its way out.

Before you had to blast IE's off the board with AZ or lock. That meant running a specific deck to counter that deck. BORING! Hence, spellatell.
I played a few of them NG decks again today.
I suspect it's because people still running the spy deck, milled all the cards from other factions before the patch came out. They Netdecked that NG deck originally...which is a (c$%s) deck anyway. And they can't create many new cards...because they don't have enough currency to do so.Now they are stuck! haha...waiting for the season to finish to give them rewards.

The one card that didn't need buffing

Impera Enforcer might just be the strongest bronze card in the game, and definitely no card that needed to do even more damage, which it does with the new update. Why did anyone in the devteam thought this card needed to be stronger than it already was?

Unfortunately, you are right. Make a deck to counter this unpleasant card. Then scorch the rest. Still, it's not a lose every time sort of card. The IG buff themselves to. Then the infiltrators take away your cards. So,basically as a ST player. Why should I put any bloody points on the board for cards like this.

Anybody had the Emhyr/Spies taking your first card situation? Came across it today; R1 - I take the coin and play first card. Oppo plays Emhyr as first card and returns the card I'd just played out on my side of the board to his deck - so he's now a card + points up at beginning R1.

That has to be a bug right?
I've never seen that before in all the games I've played against Nilf/Spies.

And don't even get me started on Enforcers; as a mainly Scoia player they've been decimating my hands since update.

I laughed at people claiming NG is OP. People are too lazy to include removal.

But don't tell me enforcers are now retroactively dealing damage? As in, they can be used AFTER spies are placed down? Like impera brigades boosting themselves? Because if true, it's broken.

I like spies, NG is my favorite faction. It used to be that you need to set stuff up before using it. Now it's just spam spies and get value right away, without fear of early removal. Another victim of the lowest common denominator.

Granted that I assumed this correctly?

Top Bottom