Not all Nerfed Cards are Eligible for a Refund

+

myc24

Forum regular
Not all Nerfed Cards are Eligible for a Refund

Some of these cards changes just baffels me. You have a solid loyal customer base and why you continue to abuse it, is just strange. When you completly change a card why wouldnt you offer full refund in scraps for said card???

Customer A spends 200 scraps to make a silver he's been needing badly for a deck, 2 Days later CDPR completly earases card and makes it different?? Are you kidding me? You can now just change a card so you dont have to offer full scrap refunds because hey it wasent "NERFED".

This is bullshit and you should do better buy your customers. At the very least you should offer scrap value if you completly change a card. Its at the point now where ive invested a decent amount of money on this game and Im done. The least you can do is toss some scraps to players if you're not going to offer scrap values on all these card changes. You've done this in the past and why it stopped I dont know.

Milling changed cards.

Why not all the changes gives the full scraps? Like nerfed blue dreams and other cards like that?

Didn't see the post, but yeah, I agree. I have the same question about some cards I've made and now they don't work as they should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess the guys at prettygooggaming with their video was right on their worries. They can do the same video and just replace Cyberpunk with Gwent and they have a relatively valid concerning video. But most windowlickers and CDPR cult followers will not recognize the worries at had. But to me they already showed what they want to do with the future of the game. It may now be just a little at a time, than a full on approach.

Imma just quote myself with couple of things that really frustrated me:

partci;n10047371 said:
I'm highly frustrated with the nerfs to some cards and the way that their Mill value was handled - like Kambi, for example - Hemdall was BUFFED, or as it is NERFED, to 20, but no full Mill value for the card. Like the Kambi decks were a thing ever...

Or the Archespore, which I find it later in the last patch to be really nice and useful with it's Reset every turn mechanic. Now it's 7 and it dies like a mofo when there is a weather on the board.

How do you make these decisions of what to Mill at full price and what not? It's so annoying.

I can also add the "OUR SHIELD ARE OUR RAMPARTS!" gals, nerfed from 15 to 9. For giggles.

Or the NG Pikemen.

Should I continue?

I believe that it is completly natural that not all nerfed cards should get a full refund. When the game gets to a stage, where patches come out much more often, players shouldn't be able to mill half their collection every few weeks for full value, in particular as this makes netdecking much more interesting, because netdecking the best decks automatically ensures you that some of the cards get changed and so you will get great refunds.

It is one of the main points what patches are supposed to do, to balance the game and therefore nerf and buff cards. And simple point increases/decreases won't destroy a whole deck even if they will affect it. Therefore simple balance changes shouldn't be refunded as they are only natural and expected.
Also, changes to cards to balance them more without changing their basic functunallity, for example making an effect trigger at the start of a round instead of the end,
On the other hand reworks or bigger changes to functunaility which don't allow you to use the card as it were before in most cases, should be refunded.
To sum it up, in my opinion every change that forces players to restruct a deck to make it work (work in contrast to good) again should be refunded.

FG15-ISH7EG

I agree that not everything should be millable for full price, but there are some so obvious nerfs, that my head explodes.

partci;n10051091 said:
FG15-ISH7EG

I agree that not everything should be millable for full price, but there are some so obvious nerfs, that my head explodes.

Look I totally feel you, I had just that week crafted an Arena Champion. But he's right, you can't let people mill and net deck. Otherwise everyone ends up playing the same decks. Look, think of it like this. In time, it's highly likely that the cards will either change to become usable in some sort of deck OR they will come up for milling at full value.

That said I do feel that a possible compromise could be that all gold cards that have been altered should receive full mill value. Just because of how difficult it is to acquire and craft gold cards.

partci;n10051091 said:

Yeah, this. While CDPR are indeed generous with refunds, total consistency would be good.

And as you have said, it's not that many cards few Bronzes and Kambi, which is really obviously a mistake to left out since he just got straight up significant nerf with no changes

And let me show you an inconsistency: can you please explain me why is Tuirseach Veteran millable for full price, while he actually got a buff?

Guest 4205021

this is very annoying for single deck slops like me. unseen elder is pretty useless for me now but its the only leader i got so i got no other choice then to grind for more scraps to buy a new one.

that said, this update is amazing, i havent stopped playing sinse it came out.

partci;n10052021 said:
And let me show you an inconsistency: can you please explain me why is Tuirseach Veteran millable for full price, while he actually got a buff?

Probably because Freya can't resurrect this card any longer.

But yeah, there are other cards where full milling value probably makes more sense.

Hi. My first problem is,we get a lot of new thing and the PATCH NOTES ar still from 31 october... wtf? We have to guess wich one of the cards are nerfed or reworked, what is this? We need a proper Patch Note!

One Example is Old Speartip (or whatever the name was) was changed completly,, and if you had him you now have Sleeping Giant and they made a new seperate card Oldsperatip. They dont let you mill the card you had for full value,which is now Sleeping Giant, but they do let you mill the new card Old Speartip for full value (the one no one had)?? How does that make any sense?? Am I missing something? Stupid stuff like that makes no sense to me what so ever!!

Draug is another one. Its not right to not offer full scrap value for these cards and others that were changed. If im on a serious budget and spent that hard eared money and scraps to make a few Gold cards to only have them changed the next week,,leaving me screwed with no options other than to spend more money or more grinding, its just bad business and bullshit!!!

And now what?,, I spend some more money or grind forever (without the cards I needed because they were changed) to start the process all over and hope they dont get changed yet again? Its suppose to be a card game,,not a gambling site! And the people on a tight budget or free to play players are the only ones to be affected. I dont expect the people that spend a few hundered every few months to really care because they dont really feel the set back,,they can easly get what they need. But for the others, prolly the majority,,,well they just get screwd over, and its not right.

Last edited by a moderator:
partci;n10052021 said:

Actually, he got nerfed, because you can't tutor him with Battlemaiden and resurrect him with Freya anymore, because he lost his soldier tag. On top of that he doesn't buff cards in the graveyard anymore. Also the leader, if he wasn't played.

nobody606;n10060231 said:
Actually, he got nerfed, because you can't tutor him with Battlemaiden and resurrect him with Freya anymore, because he lost his soldier tag. On top of that he doesn't buff cards in the graveyard anymore. Also the leader, if he wasn't played.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I just haven't played with the card yet and haven't read the description too carefully, as for me it was stating quite the same things.

Well, this does suck, cause I actually liked Veterans. But if they are millable for full price, now I am convinced Freyas should be too, cause they are an actual part of that combo and a few more combos and wait (checking) - they are not. So, here you go.

SPEARTIP & his mill refund ....

So SPEARTIP is now two different gold cards. On my account the last patch speartip has now become SLEEPING GIANT when I feel like it should have been turned into OLD SPEARTIP because the full mill refund is only for OLD SPEARTIP, and it's this card that is most similar to the last patch speartip. Can anyone tell me why CDPR is refunding full scraps for only OLD SPEARTIP and not SLEEPING GIANT? This must be a mistake because cdpr is treating this like it's a brand new card so technology no one should have owned this card before the midwinter patch thus a full mill refund for this card makes zero sense.

Top Bottom