I am too big noob for Gwent.

+
I am too big noob for Gwent.

Season 1 reached max 4300 and that was it. Season 2 played less and was even below 4250 i think. This season reached max 4300 and i just cant get higher and now i am back to 4100 and continue to lose. I play nearly only NR Machines, Radovid and little Spies (with winrate 50% barely). Reached highest with machines but i guess my brain is just too small for gwent as for many other things. I think i am starting to give up, with this patch its pretty much over for me for Season 3 too :D. Respect to all Grand Masters.

I'm in the exact vicious circle. Going up to 4300 then I find myself at 3900 a few matches later. I gave up ranking for a while. Just craft deck you enjoy to play and don't care about win or lose. That's actually very fun with all the RNG added. You don't care if you pull a bad card or not.

I achieved my goal for this season playing Gwent competitively and that was level 18 with the master title
What a struggle though, i got to 3696 (4 points off) lost my promotion game by 1 point then went something like 3-24 went down to 3250 MMR whilst completely destroying my record.
Eventually managed to climb again and even though i have a negative W/L I'm happy with where I've finished.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to go through the motions and reset yourself to truly get them good feels when you achieve your goal.
If i could pass some advice which i wish i took myself at the time, if you loose more than 3 in a row take a break and come back later.
If you still continue to loose, try learning a new build and giving it a go then keep switching between a few good decks to keep things fresh.

Hope this helps.

alexandr22;n10055411 said:
I am noob too. I am at rank 18 3900 mmr

Since when was rank 18 considered a 'noob' rank??
Id say anyone over rank 12 is competent at the game and knows how to play. With rank 16+ been good players.

I never reached 4100. I am much happier and motivated to play after reading your post. Farewell, wish you can find a game you can always win

I was happy to hit Rank 19 this season and I hope to be able to push to 20, but not sure if I'll make it.
It is always interesting to watch someone say. I only go to 4300, and cant go beyond when plenty of us can't hit 4250 for Rank 20.

Need to enjoy the game at whatever you play and the moment you just focus on getting that next rank more then anything else, you are screwed.

I've gone a couple nights in a row with a good win percentage, but then run into awful nights of losing most games. Then I watch some streams and watch the "pro streams" run into the same streaks and it really gives perspective that those good and bad days happen to everyone.

Guest 4205021

Bah, 4300 = noob? im having a hard time getting over 2k.. what does that make me.

but i just beat a guy with a challenger title, is that something to be proud of? i couldnt find it in the trinkets menu so i have no idea how good that is.

Wow, you reached 4300 with 50% winrate? I get around 70% winrate and never got higher than rank 18 and usually switch to casual then. If you're competitive-minded you should probably spend more time thinking about the decks and the matchups. Us 'noobs' though just play and try different decks. Of course we will lose then. After days of inactivity I forgot all about the cards in factions and just play my deck instead of "playing Gwent", and I'm completely fine with that.

Just enjoy the game and try not to get destroyed (which is not that enjoyable). You can always play AI since the last patch. It's still not good AI but it's doable.

altaybek;n10055141 said:
I'm in the exact vicious circle. Going up to 4300 then I find myself at 3900 a few matches later. I gave up ranking for a while. Just craft deck you enjoy to play and don't care about win or lose. That's actually very fun with all the RNG added. You don't care if you pull a bad card or not.

I did exactly that thank you very much for the advice.

altaybek;n10055141 said:

Oh yes. I have been doing this for 2 seasons now. 3 if you count the season where i did the exact same thing but under 4200. I peaked at 4470 this season, went down to 4300 and been swinging in between like a yoyo until the patch. I am at 4.3+ now and am going to stay there since ranked is a "bit" chaotic atm. Will stick with the casual and the festivites. At least being disconnected or randomized there doesn't tilt me to hell :D.

Top Bottom