I don't feel the game anymore

+
I must admit, first i did not see the problem so badly as most.

I really hate that people cheat with bots.

But lately i have been forfeiting so much games vs brouver clone decks and spy clone decks that it isn't even funny anymore.

And it is both in ranked an in casual... so no real place to flee to.

Yesterday evening of the last 10 matches i played only 2 where something else than dwarves or spies (and shame on all those people jumping on the bandwagon)

Yes, i play a henselt machine deck a lot, but i have always played Henselt and i enjoy that he got better with the patch.

But i also enjoyed playing brouver and i just can't anymore because it feels weak to do so.

The forums have turned to acid lately and i think most people just want to know that something is either being done with their complaints

OR that CDPR just says "No sorry, this is the way we want to go with Gwent now" at least then i know i can abandon ship and find a new CCG.

lakired;n10258562 said:
The meta directly prior to the Winter update is a great example of the game balance not always being like this. It was diverse and varied, with a wide array of archetypes represented. And then they gutted it, promoted point vomit, and this is the result. With point vomit decks, there really can only ever be one, or at best two. Whoever vomits the best, wins, end of story. And so here we are.

Exactly this! We used to have a "ok" meta (not too great, but at least it was fun and somewhat diverse). And now we are stuck with only dwarves, spies, consumes and that infamous BS from hell know as Ciri Nova.

I would love a "dev post" about the state of the game, what they are planning to do, this would be great to decide to stick up or abandon the gwent ship.

About a year ago, this game was really fun.

I was admittedly a casual, though a longtime lover of strategy and card games, and yet I rose up the ranks and developed some great ideas, methods and tactics and got a lot of good emoji "good game"s along the way. Then the game got updated. And updated. And gold cards were no longer invulnerable. And half the cards in my deck had different uses. And all of my strategies were like so much dust in the wind. I was pretty bummed and shelved the game for quite awhile.

When I finally came back to it about a month ago, the game was nigh unrecognizable. The volume of new cards and the complete change done to nearly everything I had known about my deck, my strategies, my preferred faction...not to mention every other deck and faction...and well, I nearly put it right back on the shelf. Until the holidays and the long paid vacation. I established what I thought was a pretty good deck with some pretty nifty strategies.

And I rose up the ranks to a point. A point about 10 numbers lower than what I was used to with this much struggle. And I noticed something pretty fucking lame:

Nearly every deck I was battling was a Nilfgaard spy deck or Scoia'tael damage deck. Ok, fine. I used to love battling other monster decks but now it was more like 1 in 20 and would ultimately be a weather deck.

Ok, fine. No big deal. Well, wrong. The only decks I seem to encounter are not fun or interesting decks.

They're spy spam.

Damage spam.

Or heal spam.

It's like every single player in the ranks is netdecking. What's even the point? And beyond that, how am I supposed to sit here while a single Nilfgaard play lasts for five minutes of graveyard cycling spy spam? What the fuck happened to this once great game?

I used to have fun, now I just get angry.

Actual state of game is so terrible as never before. For the first time since closed but i feel like only being forced to play few games but it is not fun at all. Even worst it's frustrating and boring cause of ciri nova meta, scoia and nilfgaard all over again. Few patch ago game was almost balanced and now we got such bullshit. I need to craft ciri too and join that meta fest cause it's impossible to rank up (rank15 only). First time i got negative ratio win/loses in ranked ever only beacuse i try not to using meta decks. And funny is that (only for quick balance purpose, better balans will be with big patch) devs could just nerf by 1 point like 3 scoia units, like 2 ng units and nerf just till patch ciri to like 22 pts. I'm sure devs could change those numbers in less then 30 minutes and upload to game. Just solution temporary to make game more playable, fun and varied before more optimised patch (with some testing in CDPR :p) hit in few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I want. A hotfix patch that eliminates the utmost imbalances in the current gwent edition. It can be done within hours... Why are the devs hesitating to do it quickly? Why wasting time with current state?

The only surprise I have run into in the last 3 weeks was:
A: The ladder season reset was postponed
B: A Brouver deck with a Uma gold card in it...

coralzombie;n10263832 said:
The only surprise I have run into in the last 3 weeks was:
A: The ladder season reset was postponed
B: A Brouver deck with a Uma gold card in it...

Concerning "B": You found a mythical unicorn, and I barely believe it. On the other hand, maybe your opponent was under the influence of something, and decided to try something different.

I play on the PS4 and I am thinking about moving to the PC so that I can take part in more of the game. I played when the gold cards where immune and I thought that it was unfair. I did not play for awhile. I learned they took the immune off and then continued to play in December and found they had added 100 new cards. I researched the cards and decks and found that some are more simpler to play than others. I win more with a Dwarf deck than any other. I use Ciri: NOVA and have come bored with the deck because I know what to expect half the time. I am still learning the concepts of building a new deck, but I think that instead of making a few strong cards for players to rely on, make it necessary to have a group of cards that are strong together. I know I rely on Ciri: NOVA but my other cards have to hold their own and I still have to look ahead for my next move and adjust to what my opponent plays.

Maybe it is because I have been away from the game for such a long time and I am still learning the mechanics of the cards and the various combos, but I think the game is still challenging and if power come from a collection of cards vs using one power card.

Philologus;n10266432 said:
Concerning "B": You found a mythical unicorn, and I barely believe it. On the other hand, maybe your opponent was under the influence of something, and decided to try something different.

Yes I think even the Dwarf players are vomiting from repetitive boredom and lackluster development.

Last edited:
Please. Pretty please. I mean really really pretty please with a cherry on top. Fix this. I'm dying here. I love the concept of the game but please for all that is holy or unholy or whatever gods you pray to. Fix it. I will get you, (the developers) the best hookers in Amsterdam, the best Absinthe, the best everything, I will start a go-fund-me for you all to have a sweet vacation to Costa Rica with the best beach-side huts, away from the drug traffickers, cartels and mosquitoes of course.

I swear to Lawd Jeebus I will If you fix this Dwarves issue.

I've about had my fill tonight played ranked and dwarf after dwarf with an occasional reveal thrown in. I'm losing to apprentices players running dwarves. I have to take a break because the game is making me lose my temper plus like someone mentioned earlier it feels like the card game war. Bronzes are better than most golds now.. I mean tremors is better than yen. Crafted Vernon which was the last northern realms card I needed and realize he's useless ( a gold 3 that does 7 damage and a commando sounds ok but has no weight behind it compared to the other factions. since swarm is no match for dwarves that split in 2. Why fill my deck with so many cards when I could pick ones that exploded into twins.

This all pains me because I care about the game. Need to realize what you have here. So much potential. I'm old school and use to play magic the gathering when it first came out and have to say I like Gwent more. Was so excited when I heard it was coming out. I really would have loved to see packs of cards in the store to buy. I worry about my extensive collection and me losing interest in the game. This isn't a child's game.

Yeah -- I'm not really feeling it anymore either ... It's almost like spamming the internet with those 473 to 476 round three screenshots is more important than making the game interesting. I remember when it was rare to see a total of 100 over the course of an entire match, now every round breaks 250 in the first few cards!

RNG is ridiculous and way over used ... Scoia and SK decks play themselves with little input from the user ... NG turns take 15 minutes while he spams my board with 36 spies then kills them all over and over and over ... Consumers drop a nekker and take a nap ...

And it's really not even a "card" game anymore at this point ... In my opinion, a good card game should at least be FEASIBLE irl ... sure the computer helps with some light bookkeeping here and there, but could you imagine trying to play an actual game of Gwent in its current state in real life?

My fav is still Closed Beta :D

Mancoon1980;n10267762 said:
This all pains me because I care about the game. Need to realize what you have here. So much potential. I'm old school and use to play magic the gathering when it first came out and have to say I like Gwent more. Was so excited when I heard it was coming out. I really would have loved to see packs of cards in the store to buy. I worry about my extensive collection and me losing interest in the game. This isn't a child's game.

I played MtG back "in the day". I don't know what it's like currently, but back even when MtG first started, it was more complex and entertaining than Gwent post MW patch.

You say Gwent is not a "child's game". I disagree; it's clearly being dumbed-down.

dumb and dumber my friend. when you have 15point bronzes no need for thinking, spam points party.
i remember closed beta when silver earth elemental was my defence against Milva and using grifin to steal scorches
:cirisad:

90% copies their deck from the internet.It gets boring when everyone plays the same tactic over and over.Nekker spammers and alchemy decks thts what i come up against all the time.

Top Bottom