Players will not receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped

+
Players will not receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped

I really don't like this. I would much rather have to start at rank 1 and be able to earn those rewards over missing out on them completely. Not to mention that I would get to play ranked longer that way anyway. If I start at rank 14 or whatever then I am only going to rank up about 5 times before I stop making much progress and don't really care to play it anymore.

The original poster, is looking at the rank up rewards in isolation, a person of a higher rank, has gained a lot of daily rewards (and probably season rewards too) to get there...

Jezaboom2;n10083211 said:
The original poster, is looking at the rank up rewards in isolation, a person of a higher rank, has gained a lot of daily rewards (and probably season rewards too) to get there...

I'm not fully following your post. Could you reword the point you are making and then I will respond.

StrykerxS77x;n10083571 said:
I'm not fully following your post. Could you reword the point you are making and then I will respond.

In your original post you said you would probably rank up 5 times... thus lose an interest to continue playing... well, a person will get far more cumulative rewards from daily and seasonal rewards than from their one off rank rewards

You should really quote it correctly. They clearly said people wouldn't automatically receive rewards. This doesn't mean they won't receive them though. Everyone's probably freaking out over nothing.

Jezaboom2;n10083621 said:
In your original post you said you would probably rank up 5 times... thus lose an interest to continue playing... well, a person will get far more cumulative rewards from daily and seasonal rewards than from their one off rank rewards

The part where I was talking about losing interest in ranked play wasn't as much about the rewards as it was about progress in general. Once I hit rank one of the ranks 19 or above I will hit a wall and will no longer be progressing and thus will probably only play casual at that point. If I was to start at rank 1 I would be playing ranked longer before stopping. That is the only point I was making on that.

Kingoko;n10083961 said:
That sucks. So after rank 20 i go on loosing streak to 0 mmr i will start next season at rank1? :p

Nice idea but I don't know if it would work since eventually losses don't lose you any ranking points.

StrykerxS77x;n10083971 said:
The part where I was talking about losing interest in ranked play wasn't as much about the rewards as it was about progress in general. Once I hit rank one of the ranks 19 or above I will hit a wall and will no longer be progressing and thus will probably only play casual at that point. If I was to start at rank 1 I would be playing ranked longer before stopping. That is the only point I was making on that.

For a free to play game... surprisingly, the walls aren't too severe as one can mill spares and create new cards. Myself I've only bought the starter pack (so as to help support the game) and in under 2 months I am already up to rank 44 and in the top 10000 globally. I wish you all the best for when you eventually start climbing the wall :)

Jezaboom2;n10084901 said:
For a free to play game... surprisingly, the walls aren't too severe as one can mill spares and create new cards. Myself I've only bought the starter pack (so as to help support the game) and in under 2 months I am already up to rank 44 and in the top 10000 globally. I wish you all the best for when you eventually start climbing the wall :)

I don't really get what you mean by "climbing the wall". Did you have a comment about why I made the thread? The fact that when a new season starts you won't get rewards for the ranks that you skip anymore?

They have done this for the same reason they pushed the lazy unfinished patch so it was released in time for christmas(and before we all get our season rewards)

To sell more kegs.

And this is a really sh*tty and manipulative manner of getting rewards.

Why would you add quests and increase the rate of kegs we can get per day and then do this to reduce the amount of kegs we get?!

I have absolutely no doubt that along with these changes they have reduced the chances that earned kegs drop a rare or higher unit also.

If we are not going to get rank up rewards from skipped ranks, then I rather not skip ranks. But this is a case where you are given less than previously and people will be very upset, then complain, then the entitlement word gets thrown around or worse. It's all ugly.

leprochauninja;n10083921 said:
You should really quote it correctly. They clearly said people wouldn't automatically receive rewards. This doesn't mean they won't receive them though. Everyone's probably freaking out over nothing.

No problem here is all of the relevant information that they gave us,

"Another change is that at the end of a season, ranking points of all players will be reduced by 50% (except for players who did not play a single ranked game in that season – their ranking points will not be reduced in such case). Meaning that instead of starting with ⅓ of the ranking points you earned last season, you will be starting with ½ of them. What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped."

They specifically said that we will retain half of our ranking points instead of 1/3 and then said that we will not automatically receive the rank up rewards anymore. I don't know how I could be interpreting this incorrectly.

StrykerxS77x

In my estimation, "automatically" is the key word here. Let's wait and see, maybe Burza or Dominika or Vattier will jump here with a clarification.

This, on top of all of the other changes, deincentivizes players from climbing to the highest ranks if they are a casual player. Too many changes too fast; never thought I'd complain about that.

so so so glad i reached rank 20 and got eredin's avatar like 2 days before they drop this "patch" so i don't have to deal with a billion frustrations feels so good lol
skip gwent until the anticipated/required hotfix

Overall quite happy with the patch and the new cards. I understand that bugs occur when a large beta patch is deployed.

This change to rewards however, really rankles. And I would hope they reconsider. Punishing players for being excellent is not a good way to grow your game.

Top Bottom