Card Rarity Changes - Flaminica Changed to Common

+
Card Rarity Changes - Flaminica Changed to Common

I would like some clarification on card rarity changes that have happened with the last patch. I am not clear on the details and that is why I would like full story.

Any way I am very much into my card collection, so much I keep track of number of cards I am missing from each rarity and such.

I noticed Flaminica (ex Gedyneith Flaminica) was changed from Rare to Common, without any mention in patch notes, any notification to the player and as far as I know no compensation (I maybe wrong I may have missed the refund in the patch frenzy with kegs and milling but I have most certainly haven't been informed)

More interesting part is that now are by my account 64 Common cards (you have to manually count them so I may be wrong, I did double check), but there were 66 Common cards few patches ago (that part is sure, it was written in Collection) when I asked devs about baffling card rarity disproportion and having more Rare than Common cards.

Now with two Common cards added this patch (Ice Troll and Reconnaissance) and Flaminica demoted there should be 69 Common Cards which there are not meaning 5 cards actually got promoted to Rares.

I would like details and explanation why this was done and why it wasn't told to players. Some players are bound to take this the negative way and that can't be good for anyone.

Knocking Rares to Commons is expected to be done for the system to make sense or maybe we will have one tier of Bronze cards. Either way players should be informed about changes to rarity, especially if Rare cards are demoted, so they can be properly compensated, not talking about full refund, but those 20 scraps are mandatory for any changed card at least for a few days, maybe new full value (30 scraps) would be best or you could simply double the amount of cards each player has when changing any cards.

If you explain that loss of value is offset by making other Common cards Rare, I am certain players would understand, I don't really think that would make much sense just to shift cards between Commons and Rares but possibility is there.

Everyone knows how people are when they think something is rightfully theirs, so CDPR shouldn't appear trying to stiff them (because I am not thinking they are), then all the generous rewards, Dijkstra and Arachas Queen, Drops and winner's card, everything will be forgotten and players will be angry.

To be clear I am not angry or anything since I am really fuzzy on the details right now, I am just trying to help CDPR make a better game if I didn't care I certainly wouldn't be making this novella length posts.

OK, I solved the mystery why there was more Common cards before even though Flaminica was demoted and two cards added with patch.

Triptychs.

I think BS Scouts, Temerian Infantry and WH Riders are Common and so we get 6 less bronzes, also Quen was Common and W. Shield which replaced it was Rare, so one less there so it is probably right as I got 65 Commons on recount (there is no statistic now it has to be done manually) so there is no mysterous 5 (4 actually based on recount) promoted cards, they are just removed triptychs.

Still I dislike the move of stealth changes of rarity.

Btw guys if you figured out this before, someone should have told me :D

Top Bottom