What do you think about the new quest system?

+
What do you think about the new quest system?

I have mixed feeling. On one hand its great for earning more ore to buy more cards. On the other hand, things are a bit more stressful. At least for me. Usually, I play 3-6 games if I don't have much time. 6 to 12 games or more if I have time.

Now we got quests which involve "winning" a number of games to get rewards. Max 3 quest. It's kinda stressful because now I want to win the games and don't wast any daily quest slot. ( By the way, you cant switch or change quest at the moment)

If CDPR wants us to spend more time with the game. Yep, it worked. But at the same time, I get a bit stressed and frustrated. I don't mind playing other factions or play a number of games. That's great. But its a bit annoying if I must "WIN" to solve the quest.

Hey, at least that's what I think. Do you guys enjoy the new quest system?

PS: Also wouldn't mind if they add more than 3 quest slot

I think there should be more "Win with (insert name here) Faction" or "Win with (insert name here) Leader" or "Win with (insert name here) Card(s)" instead of "Win X number of games in Ranked" or "Play X amount games in Ranked".

But overall I think it is a step in a right direction in order to spice up/diversificate the gaming process outside Pro Ladder.

I would certainly add a condition "win X games with Y faction without losing a round". This forces you to a different deckbuilding concept to complete your quest

Also a "win X games with certain leader" can be nice too

I like it; it helps make the game more diverse so I don't always play the same deck(s).
The fact that each quest remains available for at least three days means I don't need to be focusing on them all the time.

Extra conditions like the ones suggested above would definitely add even more diversity, but IMO the current system is fine at least for now. The whole mechanic is still new; it doesn't need to be huge right off that bat.

I find the rewards to be rather generous, especially for those "Play 5 matches" or "Play 40 cards" quests. Then again that's hardly news with GWENT. :p

I like it very much!!
Wish we had more of it!

Some ideas:
1) win 2-0 (100ore)
2) win a game without using golds/silvers (100ore)
3) play 10 different golds, 20 silvers etc (60ore)
4) win 1 game with every faction (100ore), every sk, ng etc leader (75ore)
5) win 2 games one after the other (60ore)
6) win 2 games when going second (60)
7) win a game using deck with 30,40 etc starting cards (40)
8) win a game without using special cards (40)
9) win a game against certain faction, leader (40)
10) win a game using 10 special cards (40)
11) make 17, 19, 26 points with one move (40)
12) scorch 2 units in one game (40)
13) destroy 10 units in one game (60)
14) play 2 premium golds in one game (100)
15) play all silvers, all golds in one game (60)
16) play 5 bronze units one after the other (40)

etc

Wow better not go that far... make it more a challenge to earn titel than quest. I got a bit frustrated today playing Nilfgaard. I was playing around and testing with my soldier deck. And I had a quest involving winning. And I keep losing 4-6 games because I still try out my deck. And didn't see any progess in the quest log was a bit disappointing.

But like CDPR said. You don't have to do the quest... but somehow I can't ignor them...

i like the idea about play special leader. Quest like play 3 games with leader "X" might be really great. You don't have to win, just try new stuff. Not really stressful and annoying

I'll copy-paste something I wrote in another thread and add some other thoughts.

I don't dig the new "quest" system. I like people to play the deck they want when they want it. This is a sensitive point in my opinion, that we tend to dismiss saying: "No one forces you to pick a given deck. You are free, man!"

But if you don't follow the "quest" system you get "punished" by the game and miss the reward. Win X game on ranked mode, win Y game with NR and you fill a sort of obligation to make the most profitable choice. While I think that players should be wise enough to play a game for the sake of playing a game and not in order to get some reward, I don't like companies to encourage that kind of grinding.

Current tier progress:
- max freedom, no fear of losing a game, play whatever deck you want and get the reward
Quest system:
- forced to play ranked when you want to play casual, forced to play Northern Realms when you’d rather play Scoia, fear of losing streak and having 0 ore as a reward…

Celestes666;n10109061 said:
1) win 2-0 (100ore)
Eliadann;n10108941 said:
I would certainly add a condition "win X games with Y faction without losing a round".

I think that quest like win 2-0 would upset a lot of players. Not me, 'cause I’m too old for this $%&@/.

I kinda have mixed feelings about it.

The good part is that it makes me play almost all the factions. I get better at playing them, but also at playing against them.

The bad part is that some of the quest seem almost impossible.

I got one for nothern realms right now. But looking at the cards there I`m seriously lacking. I think I need to invest like 2400-2600 scraps to even think about winning a game with them. So that is kinda parked for later.

At a lower level I might have been able to, but at the level where I`m at (around 4200 mmr), this is only possible with heavy investment.

I got the other factions covered though, so it isn`t a huge problem. But yeah, I`m kinda annoyed that that nothern realms thingy won`t go away

We need the option to remove quests we don't want to do and quests should not involve the condition to win, rather just the condition to play certain factions/cards.

4RM3D;n10109891 said:
We need the option to remove quests we don't want to do...

Well, I guess this is why you have quests - to play something out of your comfort zone.

But I agree on the winning part - like, it can be REALLY HARD to win 5 games in Ranked at Rank 19 (and up) and I got this one now two times already.

partci;n10110081 said:
Well, I guess this is why you have quests - to play something out of your comfort zone.

Outside of your comfort zone, but within reason. Like you've said, winning 5 ranked games is not a fair quest. And for new players, that don't have good decks lying around for all factions, makes it difficult to win X times with a certain faction.

About removing the quests: how about making them go away on their own, if player ignores them for 3 days of so?

"WIN" 5 ranked games........Okay this gonna take forever because I am at a pretty high rank right now and I stuck there for a while...... Why cant they just give us quest like "Play" 5 ranked games. I even prefer "play" 10 ranked games. Winning is stressful....

The quest system favors players with a large collection and people who like to grind / have time to play a lot. Someone who can only build one or two competitive decks, or who doesn't have time for more than 3-6 games per day, who then is asked to win with a faction he doesn't run is at an obvious disadvantage.

PandaLin;n10112951 said:
... I even prefer "play" 10 ranked games. Winning is stressful....

There is one of those, actually. And I do agree that the "win 5" one is pretty stressful. And it's reward is like... 50 Ore or something. For comparison "Win 3 Games with NR" is 40 Ore.

partci;n10113331 said:
There is one of those, actually. And I do agree that the "win 5" one is pretty stressful. And it's reward is like... 50 Ore or something.

60 ore, to be exact. I just had both that and "Play 5 Ranked matches" (40 ore) yesterday. Two birds with one stone, almost.

Anyway, agreed on needing to win ranked games being a bit stressful. Especially if you truly care about that MMR and losses mean two-digit negatives.

partci;n10108911 said:
I think there should be more "Win with (insert name here) Faction" or "Win with (insert name here) Leader" or "Win with (insert name here) Card(s)" instead of "Win X number of games in Ranked" or "Play X amount games in Ranked".

But overall I think it is a step in a right direction in order to spice up/diversificate the gaming process outside Pro Ladder.

Which enforces a huge collection or crafting to be able to do, that would honestly be an incredibly terrible idea.

Top Bottom