Weird thing about buying kegs

+
Weird thing about buying kegs

Now with new quests and lowered drop rate, buying kegs is not as helpful as before anymore, yet the price is unchanged...why such a decision is made? Is CDPR discouraging buying kegs with real money or they feel like kegs are not expensive enough to generate profit?

The drop rate doesn't seem that different, but the more cards we have obviously it's becoming more difficult to get something you need.

In any way, I'm sure we'll see new types of kegs eventually. Anyhow, the game is still in beta and evolving. No need to jump to conclusions :)

The drop rate of the 100 new cards + gold and premium cards seems to have changed. Right after the patch it was ok, but now it is bad, beyond simple probabilities.

Guest 4226291

Agreed. I opened 117 kegs after the patch hit and got only 4 golds, two of which I already had. It seems kind of unfair to make it purely random. There should be a system in place to either reduce the amount of duplicates (especially of epics and legendaries) OR ensure that the rate of rarer cards is higher, or at least ensure that you for sure get a legendary after so many kegs. From my opening it seems that the legendary drop rate is less than 5%

My legendary and even silver drop was significantly worse after the patch

But there are some people who had incredible luck with their opening so I do not know what to think

Makhil;n10120052 said:
The drop rate of the 100 new cards + gold and premium cards seems to have changed. Right after the patch it was ok, but now it is bad, beyond simple probabilities.

I have the same feeling too. I've opened ~40 kegs since the patch and i've had only a dozen of the new bronzes and ZERO legendaries.

I believe when the core of the cards are at a satisfied number "We don't have such plans. At the moment we're focusing on increasing the core pool of cards available in GWENT" they will implement new keg type for new expansions. Most probably when the game looses the beta status. I really hope that this core pool include a change in common vs rare ratio.

But till then it will be harder and harder to get most of new cards without crafting them unless they implement some sort of increased rate for drops on new cards if you have enough of the old ones (me hopes).

Drop rate has definetly been changed. I've opened today another dozen kegs and no gold or purple cards drop.

I've played for a week to try the patch and climb the rank ladder. With my goal fullfilled i'm going to slumber until the hotfix arrives. I cba to keep playing anymore and i'm a gwent player with 3000+ games played.

Just logged in to disagree with you. Since last week I have opened like ~60-70 kegs, and as for now my drop rate of legendaries keeps on ~1 for every 7 kegs (and to be clear, I do open kegs only if I have 5-7 of them, so as long as it goes my observations are pretty accurate). Tbh last dozen of kegs that I opened (just today) seemed to be kinda worse than those from the past (got just like 1-2 silvers and only 1 legendary out of 13 kegs, while before the drop rate was at least twice better), but I do believe that it is just a matter of luck, nothing more.

Thats just a gamble; the point is that the more cards gonna get to the game, the worse the drop rate will get, and with the last uptade card pool drasticly changed so that may be the reason.

Thats just a gamble; the point is that the more cards gonna get to the game, the worse the drop rate will get, and with the last uptade card pool drasticly changed so that may be the reason.

Yeah well, but that's not an ok thing is it? When the amount of common cards is surpassed by every single other category (they are common, it's in the name!). And especially when you have enough legendaries to surpass the amount of commons and almost rival rares (there are about at least 90 legendary cards in the game) well that is a very low value from kegs. It literally takes ages to get a couple of golds you need. And I am fine with that, golds should be difficult to get, the main problem is the incessantly low amount of common cards without any change to the keg system. Right now there are about 60 - 70 common cards in the game, with the rares being over 90 even before the patch (and almost all the new bronzes from the patch are rare.)

Last edited:
I don't mind that drop rate with the free kegs i get from playing. I just hope the kegs people buy have a better rate otherwise I don't see the point of keeping buying them. There should at least be faction kegs on sale.

Masti.675;n10127512 said:
I do believe that it is just a matter of luck, nothing more.

It is not a matter of luck. It is a matter of probabilistic. Just as you, i only open kegs at the end of a game session (tier 2 dailies most of the time). I've also been playing since the early november of last year, in the closed beta, and since that time i've been registering in a excel all my keg drop rates.

I've stopped playing altogether since august or so due to the course of the game and resumed a week ago after the latest patch. And i back other ppl suspicions that the legendary drop rates have been tinkered. Like i said before: in the last week i've opened 46 kegs: no legendary, a couple of rares and a abnormaly low % drop rate of the new cards that were introduced - when comparing to the amount of cards introduced vs the total pool of cards.

I cant say about the premiums since i dont care about them.

Last edited:
And now look at me, out of mine last 46 kegs I have got ~7 legendaries at least, all of which I have opened since last week and some of those gold/silver cards were the new ones also. I don't say that you ain't right, but in my case things that you are saying ain't true. If you want to speak about theory of probability of kegs's drop rate then we need to check larger research group, 'cos right now my weekly experience counter-plays your.

I was commenting on this in another post. I had 60 kegs saved waiting for the patch.. I did well the release day. I've always gotten a gold no rarer than 1 in 10. And a premium maybe 1 in 5. I bought about 100 holiday kegs which I never do and got 1 gold which was the shupe I crafted earlier that day.. Then went another 15 kegs earned without a gold.. However I've gotten 3 gold in my last 5 kegs. I seem to frequently get golds in between rounds as well which is a pleasant surprise. Hard to say if it's changed but I sure did go on a slump for awhile.

bojerbela;n10129792 said:
My Legendary Drop rate was 5% before the patch (516 Kegs). After patch Legendary Drop rate: 5% (128 Kegs).
Same thing here, nothing changed.

Top Bottom