New Game mode - "Draft"

+
New Game mode - "Draft"

As announced the new game mode is set to arrive sometime early 2018. A big portion of the cards that were introduced in this patch, namely those revolving around Create mechanic are supposedly made for this new game mode, that i see often referred to as "Draft". I haven't played Hearthstone pretty much since it came out quite a few years ago and I don't play other CCG's either so if someone could perhaps explain how does that mode look like in practice(both in HS and in other games where it can be found).

Also if anyone has any Leeks:) regarding what it might look like in Gwent(or just wishes to speculate) please share:)

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you and also curious about the new game mode mechanics. Perhaps someone could enlighten us.

I'm confused with adding cards made for the new mode now, but not later. That reasoning makes no sense. They need to learn to release card expansions like how MTG does it. Have the new cards work with each other, and implement new mechanics that synergize well within the same set. If having too many cards a problem with balance, have leagues with certain allowed card sets, like standard in MTG.

Ruthless95;n10124752 said:
i only wished it gave "pick 2 out of 5" option instead of the typical boring 1 out of 3.

maybe 2 cards bond out of 3 bonds is an interesting alternative

Ruthless95;n10124752 said:
i only wished it gave "pick 2 out of 5" option instead of the typical boring 1 out of 3.

The concept remains the same, nonetheless. Regardless, because Gwent has a more intense deck synergy compared to other CCG, it might actually be a good idea to do 2 out of 5 instead. Also, adding the RNG cards does compensate for the lack of synergy to due having an imperfect deck when drafting.

Okay i think i get the idea. does memory serve me well, HS arena (used to) work like this?

So the card pool would be all cards not just those you have in collection, right? I mean it would be pointless otherwise.

Top Bottom