Letho/Regis

+
Letho/Regis

Deserves it's own thread. Daylight robbery this. The entire match setting it up, Opponent over 50 points behind with two cards remaining. Then plays two cards.......

People talking about nerfing big cards on here, cause they are a problem? Well there's your answer. As ever..bloody NG players.

partci;n10146322 said:
You are complaining about this one now? Really? It works 1 out of 4 times at best.

Stop complaining, please!

You are using this combo then haha

partci

Forum veteran
TheNotoriousThree;n10146572 said:
Situational 2 gold card combo. It doesn't need a nerf. I'd even say Letho needs a rework, as bad as he is
​​

I can't wrap my head around why he was nefred AGAIN. Same goes for Fringilla.

gards;n10146162 said:
The entire match setting it up

You just pretty much answered it there. That combo can be powerful, but it takes setting up and is suuuuper hit and miss. 50 points with 2 cards is difficult but doable these days. Doesn't really need a nerf when most the time it won't work out.

In long rounds you can make 40 points just by playing Ithlinne into Tremors. This 50 point 2-card combination seems to be fine. I have never seen it though. Probably for reasons...

Last edited:
You can get way more than 40 with Ithlinne. And it's not even such a rare occurrence.
These 2 cards comboed together are so bad I can barely believe it happened. I honestly don't remember seeing Letho even once since that patch when golds became vulnerable.

It was in casual so...he probably just messing around and couldn't believe his luck. It was R3 and I had plenty of points on the board for him to steal.

Letho at most can provide 2 "lock" and a high power spy token...not really that bad to me (I don't play spy NG that much tho)
Regis...well, vamp overhaul is coming

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've seen this combo only once and i thought it was quite genius, didnt even get mad i lost to it.

But there are way worse OP strategies out there, mostly with NG yes, and there are plenty of power swings with 2 cards that can beat that.

Yesterday i was Monsters Relict against hybrid Henselt, i saved my good cards for R3, got carryover set, was happy i got 50points with just 2 cards... then that bastard plays Dijsktra into Shani into whatever and by the time the stupid chain was over, he had 58pts... i ragequitted.

Just got "done" again by this play in ranked this time. totally pissed me off. I remember the devs saying a few patches back they want to avoid this sort of massive power swing with 1 or 2 cards. Well, it's happening again. My opponent was level 22 rank 13 so obviously netdecked.

By the way is this a meta deck now?

I've climbed from rank 5 to rank 20 in the last few weeks and I can honestly say I've not seen a single letho or regis the entire time. Not really sure what someone's rank or level has to do with the likelihood of them netdecking, either. Boosting is quite a common archetype at the moment, what with things like consume, dwarves, spies and NR swarm all seen frequently in ranks, so taking tech cards that counter boosting seems like a perfectly reasonable choice to me. If you're losing to cards like this, might be an idea not to rely so heavily on only have a few cards heavily boosted, because you'll end up being weak to everything from letho to scorch to gigni to dbomb. There's a difference between "massive power swing with 1 card" and "i had a really high unit on the board and they scorched me for 50points and now I'm mad!!" The former suggests the card play is entirely out of your control, the latter suggests you didn't play around the idea of counters and got punished for it.

LUL Letho-Regis isnt main problem at all. Nerf dwarves 1st, then ST gold cards, then silver spies spam. FFS are OP is just filthy Bruver main?

I've been caught by these sort of deck twice; first time I wondered what the hell was going on when oppo started boosting my cards with his Swallow etc and to be fair, I played right into the trap.... first time round. Second time round I Scorched my own cards when I saw it coming but was far enough along for oppo to have committed and not have a plan B, which is what most of these gimmick decks lack - they're normally all or nothing.

4RM3D;n10348452 said:
ALFREDOOHAMSTER thread merged

It still requires you to have two gold cards and the opponent having two juicy units on the board.

That really isn't hard to do, and it doesn't have to be that juicy, having a 30 point letho is already enough to pretty much insta win you the round.

Top Bottom