New Cards that aren't used

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
New Cards that aren't used

The title is pretty self-explanatory: of the over 100 new cards introduced in MidWinter Update, which ones have you NEVER seen played, or seen just once or twice?

For me, it's:

Boulder - only seen once, against a SC movement deck

Spores - never seen, which is surprising since im guessing everyone has it since it was converted

Pavko Gale - sorry but its the truth. Only seen it twice, once used by me from a spawn runestone

Phoenix - only seen twice, with poor results

Whispess: Tribute - seen once, a few days ago, by a crones deck

Aedirnian Mauler - never seen used. i got 3 but i dont even know from what it was converted

Giant Boar - seen once, destroyed a 8 pt unit so it only provided him 10 pts

Slave Hunter - never seen it

Foltest's Pride - seen once. Honestly, it doesnt feel that much better than a bronze NR machine

Master of Disguise - i guess people use Henry var Attre instead to conceal

Wow you only seen phoenix twice? That card is like a multi-point gold in nekker consume. Expect to see it more ;-) very very good card. I even made a premium version because I like the card so much.

About the rest I agree

- Phoenix is used in Nekker decks
- Whispess:tribute is also used in some consume decks. I use her in my relic deck (it's not competetive though)
- I see some potential in pavko, but have only seen him once or twice
- I haven't seen the other ones so far
- I didn't even know that Foltest's Pride or Master of Disguise existed.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lyserus Well, i didnt exactly forget it - i got Saskia Dragonfire on a Keg day 1 of Update, so i still used a few times, but it was probably the hardest card to use so i gave up on it. Still saw it 2 or 3 times from other players though, but im not surprised its not being used.

I use Pavko. I have 2 item cards, with Pavko i can control how to play them with an extra 5 points. And with decoy it's even better.

Oh I just see that you mention whispes: tribute as well.

That card is awesome as well, in my current deck that`s a 6 point card which draws monsternest (which aint bad in itselfs right?)

To add to your list, I never met during my games:

- Spear
- Werecat
- Recruit
- Xavier Moran
- Yoana

partci

Forum veteran
Spores - I used it the first days of the patch, while everybody were trying Full Moon. Worked pretty decent;

Pavko Gale - maybe seen him once or twice. It's not a bad card but ST lacks synergy with Items;

Phoenix - really good card and is actually often met in Consume Decks. May even serve for setting up your Finisher;

Whispess: Tribute - saw her today. Maybe couple of times before that. I guess it dropped from a keg for these guys, this is how I have some of those cards;

Aedirnian Mauler - he's there. In my Collection, somewhere;

Giant Boar - somebody pulled it from a Runestone the other day. Not sure if I was more surprised or him. What a dumb card;

Slave Hunter - played it once few days ago. Not intending to do so anymore;

Foltest's Pride - why they just didn't put this ability on the Rams? instead we have it on a really shitty Silver now;

Master of Disguise - well, to Conceal you'll have to Reveal A LOT first. Perhaps one in a deck is OK, but two might be overkill. I guess it will be better with at least one more reveal card;

I want to point to Elven Blade - oh the pain.

I tried bolder and foltest pride in a radovid weather deck, but they dont match drowners.
whispess is cool but monsternest not enough needs another silver like parasite.

I like using Master of Disguise, it's my backup card in case I don't get Henry v. A. - in mirror Matches I sometimes need both cards.
But yeah, other than in my own deck it's rarely played. It's definitely not a bad card though.

Phoenix seems pretty strong for Consume, indeed.

I tried to use Foltest Pride, but I think it only makes a bit of sense if you play a weather deck with machines and I'm not sure that's the ideal combination at the moment. Could be wrong though. For weather decks a card like that could be great if it didn't depend on crew units.

I didn't even realise the bronze doppler card was a thing until I got on in a keg and was like "what the heck is this?!" Never seen one played, never played one mysef.

Surprised to see Pavko Gale on your list. I use him in all of my ST decks. I haven't seen quite a few cards myself:

- Slave Hunter (Literally only myself)
- Master of Disguise
- Normal Aguara
- Bone Talisman
- Saskia: Dragonfire
- Foltest Pride
- Usurper
- Doppler
- Eist Tuirseach/Whispering Hillock (I've seen them the least, even though they're the leaders I want the most)
- Geralt: Yrden (Funny how people thought this card was going to be op and it's nowhere to be seen lol.)

Bone talisman gets used in quite a few beast decks alongside clan protector, from what I've seen. At least I saw them pretty common when climbing the ladder, but it was a bit lower down in the ranks.

DRK3

Forum veteran
partci Yeah, i was gonna mention the Elven Blade but i've actually seen it 3 times now, so i ended up not putting it. One of them was hilarious, i guess he had been using it frequently and usually could play it on anything he wanted, but that time i was using my only SC deck, with a board full of elves, and he couldnt hit any of them...

DRK3

Forum veteran
Bondonkadonk Yeah, ive also only payed attention to Doppler a few days ago. I guess its just another of those spawn bronze units, but more random.

NR has Winch which can be used to have more than 3 machines, NG has Slave Driver to spawn the opponent's bronzes, SC has that Elven something that creates a SC bronze not on your deck...

I guess Monsters and SK have to rely on Doppler to get random bronzes...

(And on your other comment, im a Bone Talisman fan, has provided me better value than the priestesses lately, as i dont use Beastmasters)

Slave drivers is insane: into slyzard into another driver into slyzard....
doplers only good in Sk for queensgards

OG.laloquaint;n10175752 said:
Surprised to see Pavko Gale on your list. I use him in all of my ST decks. I haven't seen quite a few cards myself:
- Geralt: Yrden (Funny how people thought this card was going to be op and it's nowhere to be seen lol.)

It's because it was nerfed before release to real patch

Everyone named most of the cards already, so let me say something else, even though it isn't really the purpose of this thread.

Not all (new) cards need to be played a lot, that would only drive away the older cards. Some of the new cards are meant for the upcoming draft mode. And finally, some new cards just lack synergy which will probably be fixed when more cards are being released.

Top Bottom