The Nerf Hammer

+
All I want (to change) for Christmas:

- Spy abuse (I wouldn't like to see a change to Summoning Circle, but just disable the option to get spies from Hym, Isengrim or Runes)
- give some love to ST archetypes, once dwarves are inevitably nerfed, ST will be left in the dust again
- revert the Impera Enforcers change, they were already ridiculous before the buff, it wasn't needed
- if tremors are being changed, let Ithlinne use more spells (or add them in future patches)
- change the underdogs of Gwent aka Pavetta and Sabrina

Tremors.. All Nilf gard cards.. Enforcers, spies, spotters all need nerfed. Those decks are not fun to play or play against because they are cheap. Just played a match where opponent got 4 25 point bronze cards in one round.. Actually fine with Ciri nova because you have to alter your deck. Yes she can be annoying though.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10191742 said:
Ciri needs to be nerfed. Such a cheap win with no skill involved in it's play.

Lol.. spoken like an ignoramus.

Spamming dwarves and the SK axemen deck involve little-to-no skill.

Playing a NR CIri deck, speaking to the 2x /per bronze limit, takes skill. Try it, and let me know if YOU can even make it to Rank 18.

Hey, no need for emotions to get involved, there is no gospel here, just opinion.

I can't image 2 bronzes being that much of an ordeal, because there are cards that spawn copies etc, you just have to be smart and work around.

That still doesn't justify be able to field 25 strength gold.

I could add that to my current deck and it would be OP, the 2 bronze rule wouldn't hurt me too much.

I play a beasts deck. BTW.

​​​

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10225872 said:
Hey, no need for emotions to get involved, there is no gospel here, just opinion.

I can't image 2 bronzes being that much of an ordeal, because there are cards that spawn copies etc, you just have to be smart and work around.

That still doesn't justify be able to field 25 strength gold.

I could add that to my current deck and it would be OP, the 2 bronze rule wouldn't hurt me too much.

I play a beasts deck. BTW.

Fair enough.. my apologies. I don't use spawn cards in my competitive deck, but I get your point. However, I am coming from the perspective of one who has faced the NG alchemy, NG Spotter, and Dwarf decks; in that light, a 25 pt Ciri is nothing. When 27 point spotters are popping on the screen in R3; when Viper Witchers are almost killing my Trollololoo with one hit, or when the Dwarves are putting 12-20+ pt plays on the board per round, I just don't see how a 25 pt gold card is a big deal.

On an ancillary note: the "power creep" of bronze cards since the last patch is so absurd that certain staples that previously provided nice finishers (e.g. Natalis + Commander's Horn) aren't so impressive, now.

Last edited:
Philologus;n10226042 said:
Fair enough.. my apologies. I don't use spawn cards in my competitive deck, but I get your point. However, I am coming from the perspective of one who has faced the NG alchemy, NG Spotter, and Dwarf decks; in that light, a 25 pt Ciri is nothing. When 27 point spotters are popping on the screen in R3; when Viper Witchers are almost killing my Trollololoo with one hit, or when the Dwarves are putting 12-20+ pt plays on the board per round, I just don't see how a 25 pt gold card is a big deal.

On an ancillary note: the "power creep" of bronze cards since the last patch is so absurd that certain staples that previously provided nice finishers (e.g. Natalis + Commander's Horn) aren't so impressive, now.

Exactly! Natalis + Commander Horn is still a combo of gold card + silver card. And it's a combo, it has a chance to fail. Playing 15+ bronze Dwarves turn after turn is just unjustified and too easy.
The same with NG Spotter or Viper Witcher bronze cards which make 15+ points swings regularly.

Personally, I think that all bronze cards shouldn't be able to make more than 12 points.
Only exception should be some real difficult to fullfill conditions.

Last edited:
partci;n10226732 said:
The Nerf Hammer did swing aaaaaaaaaaand... it missed by a country mile.

Was trying to play and have fun last night - instead got increasingly frustrated with each and every game I played.

One thing I like about the new quest system is that it exposes how bad the game state really is. Trying to get wins with weaker factions against dorfs is disgustingly impossible. But decks designed to try and stop dorfs often can't stop anything else. And god forbid you try and play a deck that doesn't rely on RNG cards, because if you do those RNG cards WILL beat you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Create should be eliminated from the game straightaway. End of story.

you know how far are we from cards like Yog-Saron in gwent if the Developers keep walking the RNG road? Well, just a couple of patches away.

you guys should realise that your target audience is not people who enjoys hearthstone, but, rather, people that is leaving hearthstone, searching for something that is not completely luck based and childish.

partci;n10226732 said:
The Nerf Hammer did swing aaaaaaaaaaand... it missed by a country mile.

I was honestly expecting some balance changes with the patch. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer.
:sad:

Hmm, I can't arguably say that Harald Axemen need a nerf, but I still can't figure out for the life of me how to beat them. People I meet run both gold weathers, 2 Skellige storms, the gremist and Derran and always seem to have an axeman and that guy in their hands. I have no idea how they manage but they always get their exponential power swing going on and it's ridiculous.

As for Dwarves, they need a nerf. Enforcers are fine as they are, considering everything else got its strength increased and now you can't beat any of the popular decks in this meta (I have a hard time against Monster Nekkers, SK Bears and most importantly Dwarves with the spy deck. Machines and Reveal usually leave me to the dust and I've been fine tuning and playing the spy deck ever since the start of the open beta)

ser2440;n10228682 said:
Hmm, I can't arguably say that Harald Axemen need a nerf, but I still can't figure out for the life of me how to beat them.

NG Alchemy with Viper Witchers is an easy win against X-men.

For me, I feel NG needs to be looked at critically. I might be wrong but NG seem to be the ONLY faction capable of rezing from their graveyard and opponent's graveyard. SK is supposed to be the undead faction but even they can't pull that shit off. How have a spy faction suddenly become adept necromancers?! Not even gonna talk about viper witchers and their old manticore venom like removal!

LightPriest;n10230682 said:
For me, I feel NG needs to be looked at critically. I might be wrong but NG seem to be the ONLY faction capable of rezing from their graveyard and opponent's graveyard. SK is supposed to be the undead faction but even they can't pull that shit off. How have a spy faction suddenly become adept necromancers?! Not even gonna talk about viper witchers and their old manticore venom like removal!

first off, NG cant rez from their graveyard. All they can do is move cards from their cementery to their deck, which is quite different.

second, Vicovaro was meant to be a tech card against graveyard archetype, which is necessary and completely Fine. The problem comes with the interaction between VM and emissaries.

vidokas;n10231162 said:
Does reveal needs a nerf?
I'm clearly not pro but they are pain in the a***

Reveal la incredibly frustrating and unfun to play against, but i dont think is THAT strong.

Last edited:
Sheva007;n10231452 said:
first off, NG cant rez from their graveyard. All they can do is move cards from their cementery to their deck, which is quite different.

Let me stop you right there and present to you the Ointment card:

Attachments

• Ointment.png.jpg
    Ointment.png.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Sheva007;n10231452 said:
first off, NG cant rez from their graveyard. All they can do is move cards from their cementery to their deck, which is quite different. second, Vicovaro was meant to be a tech card against graveyard archetype, which is necessary and completely Fine.
:eredin:

Top Bottom